Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Emnity posted:

Wait. So as relatively new player I shouldn't pursue German tank lines? Looking to start the Luchs and Leopard tree and maybe the TD's route.

Using Russian for heavy's but assumed the German TD's and lights were decent as you see so many of them.

PZ 1 C, Luchs and Leopard (the tiny one?) are all great tanks, German TDs are a mixed bag as far as my own experience goes, and the Soviet heavy tank line culminating in the IS-7 is the one to start with in my opinion.

Please don't use apostrophes to denote plurals, that's not what they are there for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Cardiac posted:

That clip primarily shows how bad the general player is.
There is a bunch tanks on that list who I have seen good players perform exceptional well in like the FV215 and Leopard.
While the CGC is obviously bad, stuff like the AMX 50 120, Tiger II, Indienpanzer and Panther II are decent average tanks.
The Jt88 is obviously bad, but is also primarily a money maker.
As for the German tanks, are you surprised? I was mostly surprised the Tiger I wasn't on the list.

yea, its based on global winrate of all tanks, which means the most popular tanks are gonna have a horrible winrate with pubbies.

FV215, Leopard, AMX 50 120, Tiger II, Indienpanzer and Panther II are all good tanks. (all mobile tanks with good guns)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Emnity posted:

Wait. So as relatively new player I shouldn't pursue German tank lines? Looking to start the Luchs and Leopard tree and maybe the TD's route.

Using Russian for heavy's but assumed the German TD's and lights were decent as you see so many of them.

Stop at the Luchs, don't bother with the German TDs, play the E 50 line because the E 50 is fantastic and better than the tier ten.

The Leopard is quite bad now. It's far too fragile for its capabilities.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aw isn't the Grille still considered a pretty ridiculous t10 TD?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Why bother playing TDs?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Eh I mean I agree for the most part, but there are plenty of people that like doing nothing but sit in a bush all game.

I legit had a great time with the SU-152 though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Eh I mean I agree for the most part, but there are plenty of people that like doing nothing but sit in a bush all game.

I legit had a great time with the SU-152 though.

I played through the SU-152, ISU-152 and Obj 704 as assault guns because if I wanted to sit around and do nothing I can do that without bothering with loading up World of Tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Same, assault gun only way to play TD.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BadLlama posted:

they made the SPG a tier 10 TD? Christ I have been gone from this game for a while

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they made the SPG a tier 10 TD? Christ I have been gone from this game for a while

There is a Grille 15 which is the tier 10 TD and then the Grille which is still the SPG.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

No, there is another grille for t10. Instead of the cramped partially enclosed thing, it is an open top turreted model with the 150mm gun form the e-100 iirc.

Also, when people talk of the cgc, you all need to be more clear. I assume when talking of really bad tanks, the cgc in discussion is the churchill gun carrier. However, there is also the conqueror gun carrier at t10 (ie, the brit t10 spg).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
What a loving gyp...I just blew my 30% T10 discount thinking it'd stack with the On Track Maus discount. :mad:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What a loving gyp...I just blew my 30% T10 discount thinking it'd stack with the On Track Maus discount. :mad:

:same:

Except mine was on the Type 5 and I tried to stack it with the tier 10 holiday sale.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Emnity posted:

In general, medium & heavy tanks are the most useful, and this extends to the German tree. The E50M & E100 are good goals, but focus on learning the game rather than racing to tier 10.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Threw the gold I got from holiday boxes at a Super Pershing. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but this thing is stupid amounts of fun and I don't regret buying it a bit.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So I decided to start grinding the Czech, Swedish and Chinese TD tech trees for no good reason.
I skipped straight to tier 4, because :effort: .
After a bunch of games I have realized the main problem with lower tiers, they are freaking boring unless you drive a fast murder machine like the Luchs or a bullshit TD like the SU-85B/the Chinese knockoff version. All else has just boring characteristics like low speed and bad gun handling. One way to make lower tiers more fun would be to remove all of those BS things that makes lower tier tanks a hassle to play.

Also just had this game in the Lago, after 4 initial losses.

The O-I was AFK half the game and I was just killstealing half his kills, while the enemy wandered straight into our guns.
For the Lago, it is pretty obvious that the 57 gun is the way to go, where the 75 is a trap choice.

If you haven't got a Type62, get it next time on sale. It is rather buffed and if you liked the WZ-132-1 it is more of the same.
Just a class 2, which says something what people do in this tank.

And then some horrible losses...
AMX 13 90 is not my friend.

So close to SPG-15

My normal Crusader SP game

Rather impressive statpadding in a way for lower tiers, but rather bad in higher ones.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Presented without comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUCm_NFpN1w

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
cool its a virtual approximation of my WOT forums posting circa 2011

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - After Twenty Days

Clawing it back!

Meanwhile Wargaming continues to shower me with prizes:

I got to X faster on this account than on my 'serious business' account.

More or less the perfect Stat Badder game:

Another candidate for Stat Badder spotted http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/xNewbreedx/1015734912/

Either I'm having a dire run of luck on my serious accounts or this is spilling over:

Come on guys I can only carry so hard.

A friendly fire incident:

The AMX 50 100 is it really this poo poo or am I doing something obviously wrong? The gun handling is my biggest problem. It can't hit poo poo let alone weak spots. Yes that's even at close range, a place this vehicle rarely shines.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

The AMX 50 100 is it really this poo poo or am I doing something obviously wrong? The gun handling is my biggest problem. It can't hit poo poo let alone weak spots. Yes that's even at close range, a place this vehicle rarely shines.

I was in a tier 8 CW match a year ago in my 50 100 on the north side of the eastern hill on Himmelsdorf, shooting down into a stationary IS-3 in D7 through that little gap on the northwest side of the ledge. I missed or bounced every shot. It was brutal. They were just sitting there not even hiding behind the rubble piles and I couldn't actually get a shot through.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4069732#serene_coast-axetrain-type_59

:homebrew:

This holiday event is making it so easy to grind credits I'm not sure i'll be able to play normally anymore after it's over.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Axetrain posted:

This holiday event is making it so easy to grind credits I'm not sure i'll be able to play normally anymore after it's over.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if WG isn't doing internal testing to see how viable it'd be running these events quarterly. It has a very Armored Warfare feel to it with the boosts.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if WG isn't doing internal testing to see how viable it'd be running these events quarterly. It has a very Armored Warfare feel to it with the boosts.

You say it like it is a bad thing.
This have been one of the better Christmas events so far.
Credits and cheaper tanks for a non spergy grind.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And millions of dollars in gift box sales

Time for the semi-annual Lincoln's birthday event

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Azhais posted:

And millions of dollars in gift box sales

Time for the semi-annual Lincoln's birthday event

Christmas & New Year's / Spring Break / Memorial Day / Halloween

And that's just for the US server.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
This event is/was great tough, so much progress on so many lines, I unlocked my 4th Tier10 yesterday, the Sheridan. Think I'll keep the T49 but unlocking tier10s just makes my tech tree look nicer.
Sadly my vacation is over, so no more 6+ hours of tanks a day to finish some of the lines I am working on.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

RanKizama posted:

Threw the gold I got from holiday boxes at a Super Pershing. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but this thing is stupid amounts of fun and I don't regret buying it a bit.

Yeah the SP is actually pretty pleasant to drive. It's slow, but it's got some annoying[-ly effective] frontal armor. The gun is OK-to-good (with APCR,) and it's a pref 8 that can still be competitive (*cough*IS-6*cough*.)

Cardiac posted:

So I decided to start grinding the Czech, Swedish and Chinese TD tech trees for no good reason.
I skipped straight to tier 4, because :effort: .
After a bunch of games I have realized the main problem with lower tiers, they are freaking boring unless you drive a fast murder machine like the Luchs or a bullshit TD like the SU-85B/the Chinese knockoff version. All else has just boring characteristics like low speed and bad gun handling. One way to make lower tiers more fun would be to remove all of those BS things that makes lower tier tanks a hassle to play.

There are some fun low tier tanks in those lines, but tier 4 is a pretty good place to start all of them, except for the CZ line, where the 3 is good but then you should skip all the way to 6.

During recent low-tier games I noticed that for as bad as any WoT match is, players in really low tiers are astoundingly terrible. Generally 2/3 of all the players in a match are blood-red tomatoes, and that's with many of them having battle counts in the thousands. If you have XVM-stats enabled it's pretty obvious who the sealclubbers are sprinkled in those battles.

Cartoon posted:

Autoloaders in general have poor gun handling, including aim time and bloom as well as intra-drum reload. It's a "balancing factor." :rolleyes:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Forgot to mention Zanziabar said to say 'Hi'. So yeah job done and gently caress that guy.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ah, yeah, I used to platoon with Zan often; I see him every now and then but he's always got some other platoon going. :shrug:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Do any of you play on the EU server? I'd like to have competent team mates.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

There are some fun low tier tanks in those lines, but tier 4 is a pretty good place to start all of them, except for the CZ line, where the 3 is good but then you should skip all the way to 6.

During recent low-tier games I noticed that for as bad as any WoT match is, players in really low tiers are astoundingly terrible. Generally 2/3 of all the players in a match are blood-red tomatoes, and that's with many of them having battle counts in the thousands. If you have XVM-stats enabled it's pretty obvious who the sealclubbers are sprinkled in those battles.

Which is less depressing than the corresponding thing in tier10. Saw a 34% Tortoise yesterday with 170 battles.

As for low tier, tier4 is on the level where one actually gets to played the tank for more than 5 battles, so worth actually getting the tank.
When I started the Japan medium tree way back I think I reached tier4 in ten battles or so.

serious gaylord posted:

Do any of you play on the EU server? I'd like to have competent team mates.

There is apparently a goon clan called 2PAC.
Approach at your own risk......

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qwRYd8S5o

Double gun tank has made it into the Super test.

Also 2 new maps coming, ones a mashup of Port and Hidden village, the other looks like a new version of dragon ridge.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qwRYd8S5o

Double gun tank has made it into the Super test.

Also 2 new maps coming, ones a mashup of Port and Hidden village, the other looks like a new version of dragon ridge.

no god no i'm like three months clean don't do this to me

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

nah it pulls from pearl river not dragons ridge. you're ok.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prav posted:

And also "double gun" is a "double barrel gun" that doesn't seem to do but change how the damage is reported. The replay bits of it didn't seem to show it doing anything other than one shot one damage roll but instead of saying it's an 80 damage gun it showed it as 40x2

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

If they implement the Mammoth Tank ST-II they will have me hook, line, sinker.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Azhais posted:

And also "double gun" is a "double barrel gun" that doesn't seem to do but change how the damage is reported. The replay bits of it didn't seem to show it doing anything other than one shot one damage roll but instead of saying it's an 80 damage gun it showed it as 40x2

Thats not the tank in the replay, Dez doesnt have access to the test server its on to record it, and if he did he wouldn't be allowed to broadcast it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

Pearl River was closer to the perfect pubbie map there was. They needed to get rid of the sniper cover at the bases and boosting would have totally broken the map in half, and they needed to make the east end of the northeastern bridge more easily and safely killable from the middle ledges, but it was very close to being great. With the arti changes the north would have been a lot less dangerous and easier to win without catastrophic losses, and the south would be relevant.

Then again the map design team was probably a bit too busy eating crayons to bother fixing it.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - Day Twenty One :toot

Got The VK28.01 and as I go up in tier the making GBS threads potential does too. Slowly slogging that W/R back down. Now I'm trying to emulate it I regard 34% as truly impressive.

Almost perfect game! Well apart from winning :qq:

Note the beating the Cockroach for top spot.

-/-

Well that certainly was an interesting enquiry:

The sheer level of entitled sneer in this beggars belief, especially as they are wrongly interpreting the data. Who calls out a player for their crew skill especially after a win? Now you've seen it all.

I love my Tiger II. Its a complete piece of poo poo to play in the current meta but to do this consistently AND still lose? :suicide:

Speaking of such things I have been trying to do a damage bounced mission and got out my IS 6 to have a chance. Now I accept that it is "yesterday's hero" but I still find it a fun tank to play. The preferential mm is a real bonus. I feel much more confident in the IS 6 than I do in the Patriot, which everyone seems to be able to pen at will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

Come join me I've started again :unsmigghh: