Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
41 points is about right for an ARC and if you play that one right, Norra's really slippery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

BR0ME0 posted:

I'm going to be trying this out for a fun 1v1 game with a friend, and I'm aiming for an area denial style, where I have maximum coverage from different angles.

I'm hesitant to put so many points in an arc, but flying it with an auzi and sheath, plus it's action options with PTL, Katarn, and Jan on the Auzi, it seems to have some pretty sweet synergy!

Thoughts?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...=Wookipede&obs=

Put a 0-point EPT on Fenn, like Adaptability or trick shot. OTherwise it looks fine and seems like a real bastard to play against.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Put a 0-point EPT on Fenn, like Adaptability or trick shot. OTherwise it looks fine and seems like a real bastard to play against.

Bastard is my comfort zone.

I also haven't played with bombs in a while, and I have so many.

My friend also plays lots of tiny interceptors with stealth upgrades, and they're just annoying. He builds well, but doesn't always do the best with flying, and I really just want to give him the worst time possible, with nonstop bombs and just poo poo on his day.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...20Boogaloo&obs=

Thoughts? I usually fly formations and arc dodgers, so I'm not really used to bombs as much.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

BR0ME0 posted:

Bastard is my comfort zone.

I also haven't played with bombs in a while, and I have so many.

My friend also plays lots of tiny interceptors with stealth upgrades, and they're just annoying. He builds well, but doesn't always do the best with flying, and I really just want to give him the worst time possible, with nonstop bombs and just poo poo on his day.

Thoughts? I usually fly formations and arc dodgers, so I'm not really used to bombs as much.

Genius and Advanced SLAM both got nerfed pretty heavily recently. Changes how they play a bit.

Here's a NymMiranda list that won a store champ recently that takes those nerfs in mind

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Genius and Advanced SLAM both got nerfed pretty heavily recently. Changes how they play a bit.

Here's a NymMiranda list that won a store champ recently that takes those nerfs in mind

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know about the nerf, will adjust accordingly!

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

Hannibal Rex posted:

There is a well-meant house rule tournament in my city this week that I can't help but think will turn into a rather one-sided clusterfuck.

-At least three ships in the list
-Rebels and Empire only
-Rebels can only use -wing ships, Empire can only use TIE ships.
-Only one of each ship type, the exceptions being X-Wings and T-70s are allowed two each, TIE fighters and TIE/fos are allowed three each

Can anyone think of a decent Rebel list that won't get owned by various Imperial triple ace/alpha strike/swarm/crack swarm lists?

Why the scum hate? Why the rolling back to like wave 2/3?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
It's meant to be a casual retro tourney with more variety than an 'OT only' one. The problem is, these 'restrictions' still allow some top tier Imperial lists, while knee-capping their counters, and Rebels in general. ConfusedUs' analysis and Rebel list both look spot on.

My original plan was to fly a Rebel regen list of Miranda, Luke and a Chopper y-wing, but I might take his suggestion. (Or switch to Vader, Inquisitor, Tomax; I don't have Quickdraw.)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
You know what's an annoying list?

Crimson Squadron Pilot (25)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
Ordnance Silos (2)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Deflective Plating (1)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Trick Shot (0)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
Havoc (0)

Trajectory Simulator (1)
Ordnance Silos (2)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Deflective Plating (1)

Total: 100

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Anything with a shitload of bombs and a shitload of health is going to be annoying.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I finally got a Silencer (Fuckign Asmodee)

Time for some First Order Shenanigans

==================
Might of the First Order.
==================

Click to change squadron details

97 points

Pilots
------

Kylo Ren (46)
TIE Silencer (35), First Order Vanguard (2), Push the Limit (3), Fire-Control System (2), Advanced Optics (2), Autothrusters (2)

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

“Omega Ace” (25)
TIE/fo Fighter (20), Advanced Optics (2), Push the Limit (3)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm a really big fan of Pattern Analyzer on PTL Kylo. If you do a green move (of which he has TEN), you get to end with no stress.

Move > Delay check stress > take action > PTL for another action, get stress > check stress > remove stress because you did a green.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I was going to suggest Advanced Sensors for the same reason, but yeah, PA is probably the better choice.

Ending unstressed also lets you T-Roll whenever you want.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

I was going to suggest Advanced Sensors for the same reason, but yeah, PA is probably the better choice.

Ending unstressed also lets you T-Roll whenever you want.

Advanced Sensors + Pattern Analyzer = GO ANYWHERE ANYTIME

If you're actually trying to kill stuff, FCS is better. But if you want to points fortress and run to time, that combo is ridiculous.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

enigmahfc posted:

You know what's an annoying list?

Trajectory Simulator (1)
Ordnance Silos (2)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Deflective Plating (1)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Trick Shot (0)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
Havoc (0)

Trajectory Simulator (1)
Ordnance Silos (2)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Deflective Plating (1)

Total: 100

Eh. If you know where the bombs are going to be before you set your dial, it's a LOT easier.

Genius is the way to make bombs REALLY threatening, combined with a strong offensive punch.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Advanced Sensors + Pattern Analyzer = GO ANYWHERE ANYTIME

If you're actually trying to kill stuff, FCS is better. But if you want to points fortress and run to time, that combo is ridiculous.

Kylo Ren (TIE Silencer) (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
First Order Vanguard (2)

Lieutenant Dormitz (31)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Rebel Captive (3)
Mara Jade (3)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

bunnyofdoom posted:

I finally got a Silencer (Fuckign Asmodee)

Time for some First Order Shenanigans

==================
Might of the First Order.
==================

Click to change squadron details

97 points

Pilots
------

Kylo Ren (46)
TIE Silencer (35), First Order Vanguard (2), Push the Limit (3), Fire-Control System (2), Advanced Optics (2), Autothrusters (2)

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

“Omega Ace” (25)
TIE/fo Fighter (20), Advanced Optics (2), Push the Limit (3)
I had decent results with a version of this last night, and another version with Blackout w/t PTL, Autothrusters and something or other, and shield upgrades on OL and OA.

I really want to like Debris Gambit, but making it an action really takes it's usefulness away. Maybe double or triple the cost, then change it to 'after you execute your maneuver, gain one evade token, up to a maximum of two, for every obstacle within range one of you.' I think it's worded appropriately so that it doesn't trigger if you get ioned or tractored.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Kylo Ren (TIE Silencer) (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)
First Order Vanguard (2)

Lieutenant Dormitz (31)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Rebel Captive (3)
Mara Jade (3)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

What's your goal here? Killing all the stuff, or points fortress off Kylo?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

What's your goal here? Killing all the stuff, or points fortress off Kylo?

To points fortress while also presenting a really unappealing target that stresses their team and can occasionally give Kylo an extra action.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

50+ points on an Upsilon is a pinata of MoV, I love seeing giant upsilons. They die in like 2 rounds.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pattern Analyzer it is!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

To points fortress while also presenting a really unappealing target that stresses their team and can occasionally give Kylo an extra action.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!208:27,36,243,187:42:31:;286:18,43,204:60:15:&sn=KyloQuickDraw&obs=

Your goal: Kill 41 points of stuff, then run forever. Not too hard with Quickdraw/Kylo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay, this is actually hilarious. I may try this out.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Eh. If you know where the bombs are going to be before you set your dial, it's a LOT easier.

Genius is the way to make bombs REALLY threatening, combined with a strong offensive punch.

When 3 ships can launch bombs and they get fanned out.....it's not so easy to avoid them without your opponent knowing exactly where you will end up (which is not where the bombs are, which is why the bombs are there). It's area control to a pretty crazy degree.

If your playing HP fortresses, yeah, you can joust it. Anything with even slightly lower hull can be in trouble.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 5, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Okay, this is actually hilarious. I may try this out.

I went 0-3 with it at a monthly tourney last month, but the kicker is that I, myself, am the reason I lost all three.

In two, I misjudged advanced sensors reposition and move and clipped a rock to lose Kylo's last HP with less than 5 minutes left on the clock
In the other I planned a move that required adv sensors reposition, and forgot I was stressed (because I'm never stressed). End result put me at range 1 of two enemy ships without a focus

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Going to try this at my FLGS mini tournament because I feel it’ll just be fun to hit the low AGL ships that are common in the meta there.

Funboats (97)

Rho Squadron Veteran (29) - Alpha-class Star Wing
Trick Shot (0), XG-1 Assault Configuration (1), Advanced SLAM (2), Linked Battery (2), Ion Cannon (3)

Rho Squadron Veteran (27) - Alpha-class Star Wing
Trick Shot (0), XG-1 Assault Configuration (1), Advanced SLAM (2), Linked Battery (2), Tractor Beam (1)

•Test Pilot "Blackout" (41) - TIE Silencer
Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Sensors (3), Pattern Analyzer (2), •First Order Vanguard (2), Autothrusters (2)

I’ll have debris as my obstacles to make it easier to use Blackouts ability and the trick shots.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I went 0-3 with it at a monthly tourney last month, but the kicker is that I, myself, am the reason I lost all three.

In two, I misjudged advanced sensors reposition and move and clipped a rock to lose Kylo's last HP with less than 5 minutes left on the clock
In the other I planned a move that required adv sensors reposition, and forgot I was stressed (because I'm never stressed). End result put me at range 1 of two enemy ships without a focus

This is why you bring Primed Thrusters.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

This is why you bring Primed Thrusters.

Or I could have dialed in a different move if I'd remembered. That was literally the only turn I could have used Primed Thrusters, but used either Adv Sensors or PA on literally every other turn of the tournament. Ending a move with no stress regardless of when you do your two actions is really good.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

If you have PTL and primed thrusters, cna you use them? I don't have the cards in front of me currently, but can you boost barrel roll with one stress?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

bunnyofdoom posted:

If you have PTL and primed thrusters, cna you use them? I don't have the cards in front of me currently, but can you boost barrel roll with one stress?

Primed Thrusters says:
Stress Tokens do not prevent you from performing boost or barrel roll actions unless you have 3 or more stress tokens.

Now, with PTL, you take an action, push the limit, take a second action, then take a stress; so assuming you're unstressed, you can already boost, PTL, barrel roll, take a stress, then presumably do a green next turn to clear the stress. This lets you have a stress, boost/BR, PTL, BR/Boost, and gain a second stress. And possibly even do it again next turn, but then you're really stressed. Like, Friday afternoon before vacation and something blows up at work that only you can fix stressed.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yes. You'd just be adding another stress on top of however many you already had.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Didn't see it in the OP

What's the best mod for Tabletop Simulator? Unified?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

BR0ME0 posted:

Didn't see it in the OP

What's the best mod for Tabletop Simulator? Unified?

Unified is the one you want, yes.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Won a store championship a few weeks back with this list:

Lowhhrick (28)
Trick Shot (0)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Adaptability (0)
Sabine Wren (2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

Total: 99

The plan is to use Fenn to reposition Nym before he moves by either giving him a boost or a barrel roll, allowing him to line up his bomb launcher. Worked really well, many were caught of guard by the sheer range of places I could launch them, and if I didn't hit any, I'd just hold the bomb, making the next round even worse. I wasn't afraid of using Genius either. As Nym was usually the first to die, I tried to get off both shots before he died. With a rear arc, cool ability and the new astromech, Fenn was a surprisingly decent closer, especially if Lowhrick was still around to do some area control. Fun list. Would fly again.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Are any of the Aussie posters going to the Onyx Summer Advanced Slam or NSW/ACT regionals?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

uncle blog posted:

Lowhhrick (28)
Trick Shot (0)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Adaptability (0)
Sabine Wren (2)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

The plan is to use Fenn to reposition Nym before he moves by either giving him a boost or a barrel roll, allowing him to line up his bomb launcher. Worked really well, many were caught of guard by the sheer range of places I could launch them, and if I didn't hit any, I'd just hold the bomb, making the next round even worse. I wasn't afraid of using Genius either. As Nym was usually the first to die, I tried to get off both shots before he died. With a rear arc, cool ability and the new astromech, Fenn was a surprisingly decent closer, especially if Lowhrick was still around to do some area control. Fun list. Would fly again.

Yeah this looks pretty good.

I've been saying that the sheathipede was gonna be the dark horse of the last wave for a while. Wookiee + Shuttle + X is gonna be a really good archetype.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Top 2 at the end of swiss at QLD regionals are flying

IMPERIAL (99)
Kylo Ren TIE Silencer (47)
Push the Limit + Advanced Sensors + Advanced Optics + Autothrusters + First Order Vanguard

Rho Squadron Veteran Alpha-class Star Wing (26)
Deadeye + Harpoon Missiles + Guidance Chips

Rho Squadron Veteran Alpha-class Star Wing (26)
Deadeye + Harpoon Missiles + Guidance Chips

Only 1 upgrade different to what I have been flying latley

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

uncle blog posted:

Lowhhrick (28)
Trick Shot (0)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Adaptability (0)
Sabine Wren (2)

Captain Nym (Rebel) (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autoblaster Turret (2)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
"Genius" (0)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Havoc (0)

Advanced Sensors and Trajectory Simulator on Nym.

You are a terrible person.

(The SHeathipede is really good. It's the first time there's been a genuinely competitive pure support ship in the game, which I love.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Man the level of flying in Queensland was head and shoulders above Chicago. Very concentrated talent up there. I'm sure Chicago will improve post cut.

Did anyone see the Facebook post about a Chicago judge ruling that Genius and trajectory simulator can't be used together. A bad call that probably cost the match (assuming the nym double proton build)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Man the level of flying in Queensland was head and shoulders above Chicago. Very concentrated talent up there. I'm sure Chicago will improve post cut.

Did anyone see the Facebook post about a Chicago judge ruling that Genius and trajectory simulator can't be used together. A bad call that probably cost the match (assuming the nym double proton build)

Australia has a ton of talent for the size of the population. Really looking forward to my first regionals season this year. I saw someone using the traj sim and proton bombs on the QLD stream and it was pretty brutal when it caused a blinded pilot on Dengar.

Weren't the Gold Squad guys running the Chicago Regional?

Oh game one for day 2 is Ben Doyle vs Ahkter Khan. https://www.twitch.tv/fearlessgundarks

Raged fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Australia has a ton of talent for the size of the population. Really looking forward to my first regionals season this year. I saw someone using the traj sim and proton bombs on the QLD stream and it was pretty brutal when it caused a blinded pilot on Dengar.
Pity he threw away the game immediately after by forgetting Mirandas bomblet and then Dengars counterattack.

• Locked thread