Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

piss tape israel posted:

We were a perennial contender in the 00s (although of the Marvin Lewis Era Bengals variety), even if we had a playoff drought for five straight seasons.

Also - what warcrimes said. Relax

If you're not first, you're last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
c'mon guys!!!!!!!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Croatoan posted:

Let's look at the majority of the 00's. :emo:
Must be really tough having to recall multiple playoff seasons, an AFC Championship appearance and years of the coolest QB.

You poor thing.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
We're getting off the main subject which is *ahem* Raiders bitch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

We're getting off the main subject which is *ahem* Raiders bitch

you just gave 10 years and 100 million dollars to brian billick

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I want to get Mahomes muppet face tattooed on my lower back

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Billick is chump poo poo and Gruden is perfect

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm sorry, Billick is actually a bit better than Gruden

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
at least Gruden is a fan of the team he coaches, gently caress Del Rio for what he did to Carr.

and gently caress the raiders too, but that's another thing entirely

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Gruden is powerful and handsome and creates fun-to-watch schemes.

Whether he will be effective is to be seen.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

denver fans don't know what it's like to root for an actual bad team and it's really triggering

My other team is the Avalanche, AMA.

We do have it really good with the Broncos though. Seven super bowl appearances in my lifetime, and like four (?) losing seasons. That’s some amazingly non-apathetic ownership. Like the Scuderia, Denver expects.

Kroenke, on the other hand…

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 6, 2018

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
This is approaching "decade of spectacular failure" levels

SA2K, it's on you to pull a fancy rear end ho

It's your time to shine!

gently caress Denver forever and ever, amen

and lol @ giving Chucky $100,000,000 but it's not my money so IDGAF. It's gotta be better than Del Rio's horrific coaching staff decisions

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

So I just heard a stat on some random sports radio show that of all the coaches to come back after a layoff of five years or more, only one did better than their previous tenure (Vermiel), and he was also the only one to have a season over .500.

So…that’s something to noodle while Mr. Gruden swims in his vault filled with gold coins.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

You had a 12-4 team last year only because the offense was pretty good but had a garbage rear end defense

So you fire the OC and keep the DC ?

That's some hosed up logic and if you make that call and fail miserably then you deserve to get shitcanned

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Reminder JDR and his wife are Trump loving trash and deserve all bad things

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Firing JDR is definitely the right move. Getting Gruden is also a good move. Paying 100 mil for 10 years is lol

Black Sunshine posted:

This is approaching "decade of spectacular failure" levels

A man who knows freedom and loses it knows more pain than a man who was in a cage his whole life. - artistotlcules the wise or some poo poo idk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

You had a 12-4 team last year only because the offense was pretty good but had a garbage rear end defense

So you fire the OC and keep the DC ?

That's some hosed up logic and if you make that call and fail miserably then you deserve to get shitcanned

It's a different DC from last year but lol John Pagano

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
John Pagano is trash. Shame that Gruden had to go and replace him with an actual DC in Paul Guenther now.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The defense vastly improved under Pagano

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Dangerllama posted:

So I just heard a stat on some random sports radio show that of all the coaches to come back after a layoff of five years or more, only one did better than their previous tenure (Vermiel), and he was also the only one to have a season over .500

Also Carroll. You remember him - multiple super bowl trips and rings?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

Yup.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Points and yards given up to AFC West teams under Norton:

298 and 16, Denver
425 and 31, Kansas City
343 and 17, Chargers

Points and yards given up under Pagano

216 and 14, Denver
408 and 26, Kansas City
495 and 30, Chargers

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

ulmont posted:

Also Carroll. You remember him - multiple super bowl trips and rings?

I think they were talking about people who left coaching altogether.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Points and yards given up to AFC West teams under Norton:

298 and 16, Denver
425 and 31, Kansas City
343 and 17, Chargers

Points and yards given up under Pagano

216 and 14, Denver
408 and 26, Kansas City
495 and 30, Chargers

The Raiders defense set the all time record for longest stretch without an INT by like 4 weeks under KNJ. I know the point you're trying to make, but KNJ was leagues worse than Pagano

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders defense set the all time record for longest stretch without an INT by like 4 weeks under KNJ. I know the point you're trying to make, but KNJ was leagues worse than Pagano

That doesn't make Pagano GOOD

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dangerllama posted:

I think they were talking about people who left coaching altogether.

That would seem to be true, but at the same time I've having trouble remembering a whole lot of guys who did this. Like were out of coaching altogether at any level but came back 5+ years later.

Marv Levy I guess for a brief stint? Oh he just came back in the front office apparently. Marty would have come back for the Bucs a few years ago but they hired freaking Schiano instead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

That would seem to be true, but at the same time I've having trouble remembering a whole lot of guys who did this. Like were out of coaching altogether but came back 5+ years later.

Marv Levy I guess for a brief stint? Oh he just came back in the front office apparently. Marty would have come back for the Bucs a few years ago but they hired freaking Schiano instead.

Art Shell, Joe Gibbs are names that pop into mind

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't realize Art Shell was altogether out of coaching for that long, I thought he was an OL coach the whole time. Joe Gibbs I should have got.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, Shell just made it. He was the Falcons OL coach in 2000 and then the Raiders brought him back in 2006

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

a neat cape posted:

That doesn't make Pagano GOOD

Agreed, it's all relative

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

It's a different DC from last year but lol John Pagano

Norton was still the "head" DC or whatever until he got fired halfway into the season.

The point still stands. He may have brought in Pagano to "help" but he still kept KNJ.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blitz7x posted:

Interceptions aren't a great thing to judge a D on, as they are like most turnovers kind of luck based.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Interceptions aren't a great thing to judge a D on, as they are like most turnovers kind of luck based.

Neither is points given up, especially the offense is trash and turning the ball over a lot.

I saw a lot of stats tweets comparing the two and Pagano was much much better, getting the defense mid-pack(as opposed to bottom three). If they pop up again I'll post them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Please refer to him by his formal title, the mother fucker Art Shell.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm so fuckin sick of Greg olson dude

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Gruden is the play caller, and Olsens job is to install the offense and fluff Carr

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Life is pain. Go Bills.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Lmao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/jsierra85_/status/949805814205833217

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
This isn't even the worst playoff lead they've blown in the last five years. Life is suffering but at least it's over quick.

Bring on Mahomes.

• Locked thread