Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Rough Lobster posted:

Mods please namechange to Jokegetter1988

JokeGetter1488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The best part is how many people on Twitter actually fell for it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

JokeGetter1488

:perfect:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

AlbieQuirky posted:

The real excerpts from the book are so ridiculous that I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Reading this the next morning is fun, because they've already changed their name to indicate that it was a joke, because:

AlbieQuirky posted:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:yaycloud:

The Boselli burger owned

Grouchy Fish
Aug 24, 2006

Does it also turn your poop blue so it can end the same way as Jacksonville's post season?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grouchy Fish posted:

Does it also turn your poop blue so it can end the same way as Jacksonville's post season?

:mad:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/VictoriaPolice/status/949149370833760256

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I don't know why you'd need 'More Inside'. I think he sums up the whole thing pretty well with the one quote.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/samdolnick/status/949433670330437633

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
How the gently caress do wild animals survive up there? Jesus christ.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bud Light Hires Old Timey Town Crier to Issue Cease-and-Desist to Craft Brewer

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://wmmarankings.com/undefeated-anna-dempster-steps-face-internet-troll-claims-untrained-man-will-always-beat-trained-woman/

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
After Second Fighter Suffers Eye Injury, 22-5 MMA Fighter Tara LaRosa Steps Up To Fight Internet Troll

He seems to have hired some form of curse wizard to stop the fights.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Like seriously....if more companies did this type of thing the world would likely be a better place.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dippin' Dots Is Launching a Cryogenics Company, Because Why Not
https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/7xe4ay/dippin-dots-is-launching-a-cryogenics-company-because-why-not

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2018 startin' strong.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Like seriously....if more companies did this type of thing the world would likely be a better place.

Seems pretty of arseholish to me. Like they're trying to say "hey, we're fun, we're having a laugh, no hard feelings right? We're still 100% deadly serious about this though, you definitely need to stop using those words that we own. But, like, in a fun way."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

anheiser-busch or whoever are a fun company! theyre shutting your business down, but in a cute old-timey way

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Tiggum posted:

Seems pretty of arseholish to me. Like they're trying to say "hey, we're fun, we're having a laugh, no hard feelings right? We're still 100% deadly serious about this though, you definitely need to stop using those words that we own. But, like, in a fun way."

Sure, but keep in mind the infringement by Modist was deliberate, and they knew they were going to provoke a reaction. It's not like they chose the name and didn't learn until after product launch that it was someone else's IP.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiggum posted:

"The first contact [we had with Bud Light] was exactly what you see in the video—a town crier delivering the very witty cease and desist," Eric Paredes, Modist's co-founder and chief manager, wrote MUNCHIES over email on Tuesday. "We had no idea they were coming (and in that fashion), but we expected them to show up in one way or another. The name 'Dilly Dilly' is trademarked and we knew they had to do something to protect it. We launched the beer at noon and the crier showed up at around 2:15 pm."

Honestly I'm impressed the corporation could arrange a town crier in 2 hours.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean they didn't have to offer the company 2 super bowl tickets in their box either.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Baron von Eevl posted:

I mean they didn't have to offer the company 2 super bowl tickets in their box either.

thats called a settlement

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Its cute PR they get to rub in craft brewers faces because craft brewers are loving savage about their beer name c&ds.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

obviously since theres a ceremony on tv/internet, they already settled a month ago

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HOW IS THIS A HEADLINE

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

LaRosa vs. Internet Troll cancelled, State Athletic Commission and police arrive at venue and shut down event

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That comment is not from me, btw.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Randaconda posted:

That comment is not from me, btw.

Was this one you?

quote:

Dont’ call him an idiot that’s not cool. Us guys have a waaay stronger heart and blood pump capability than girls. We can transform a thought into physical power to a magnitude most girls can’t do, even trained ones. You know that clenched jaw, clenched fist anger we can summon up in 2 seconds? maybe you can’t. Lay off the tofu, it’s messes with estrogen levels. That’s why you don’t see men and women competing in the same sports anywhere else. The troll guy lifted weights, looking at his social media, he is strong do doubt. and taller and longer than Tara, or any girl he’d fight. Don’t think “ought”, think “is”. What is true, not what we wish to be true. think it terms of probabilities and liklihoods, not “the exception that proves the rule”, about that “chance anyone has to catch other on the sweet spot”. You can blab it, but what if you were forced to put money down on the winner? I love tara, i love WMMA. But i’d bet on the dude because physics.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Digital posted:

Was this one you?

:randstare:

I was see Gina Carano or somebody tap these fools out. Alabama doesn't have an AC, just sayin'.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

So what's your point? Are you, like, against trademarks as a legal concept?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Have we learned nothing from Kyanka vs Boll? It's very entertaining so these kind of fights should be encouraged.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/johnhaydon/status/948896137943175168

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

So what's your point? Are you, like, against trademarks as a legal concept?
No, I'm against corporations pretending they're nice. I expect them to defend their trademark and I have no problem with that, just don't pretend you're joking around with friends because you're not.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tiggum posted:

No, I'm against corporations pretending they're nice. I expect them to defend their trademark and I have no problem with that, just don't pretend you're joking around with friends because you're not.

It was marketing. The product was launched at noon and the elaborate response came at 2:15, obviously someone let Budweiser know about it ahead of time. It was designed to provoke a reaction.

https://i.imgur.com/FOwZ77O.gifv

Instead of taking the bait and sending a standard cease and desist that could be spun as a megacorp bullying a local small business, they sent something fun and silly that makes both companies look good. It goes viral and both companies get lots of free press.

This wasn't people vs. corporations, both parties were corporations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Facebook Aunt posted:

It was marketing.

[...]

This wasn't people vs. corporations, both parties were corporations.
Marketing is corporations vs. people. Unless you're suggesting these corporations were marketing themselves to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Flipperwaldt posted:

Marketing is corporations vs. people. Unless you're suggesting these corporations were marketing themselves to each other.

The conflict was corp on corp. The silly town crier response was marketing to beer loving consumers. It was designed to go viral.