Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Any book written about the Trump presidency should read like a tabloid, its what we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I need some ideas for breakfast I can pre-prep, I've been eating the same thing for a month now before work, after lifting and it's starting to get a little tedious. My gym is right by my work and I only have access to a kettle and microwave.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

I need some ideas for breakfast I can pre-prep, I've been eating the same thing for a month now before work, after lifting and it's starting to get a little tedious. My gym is right by my work and I only have access to a kettle and microwave.

I started putting a little bit of whatever protein (grilled chicken, pieces of gilbert's chicken sausages) into a muffin pan and then cracking an egg over the top with a very small sprinkling of cheese, salt and pepper. Oven at 350 for about 5-7 mins based on your preferences and then heat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave the next morning. It's solid and delicious.

I find the gilbert's sausages and wrapping it in plastic wrap keeps it from drying out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've been making egg white omelettes and nuking them in the morning.

I am also a loving animal who likes the taste of dried out eggs due to growing up eating those mcdonalds scrambled eggs.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I started putting a little bit of whatever protein (grilled chicken, pieces of gilbert's chicken sausages) into a muffin pan and then cracking an egg over the top with a very small sprinkling of cheese, salt and pepper. Oven at 350 for about 5-7 mins based on your preferences and then heat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave the next morning. It's solid and delicious.

Might give this a whirl along with a 1/3rd cup of brown rice and some avacado on top to hit my macros. Cheers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yeah those egg cups are legit. You can do bacon around the edge of the muffin cup if you're feeling saucy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spoeank posted:

Yeah those egg cups are legit. You can do bacon around the edge of the muffin cup if you're feeling saucy

If you do this definitely precook the bacon a little bit and then drain some of the excess fat otherwise the bacon is a little soggy which I personally don't enjoy.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i like overnight oats

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BlindSite posted:

Sounds like you have time for oatmeal.

I started having oatmeal in the AMs with vanilla protein powder and flax seed and it is actually pretty good. Especially if I remember to throw in some raspberries.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I usually dedicate Sunday to making a bunch of oatmeal to last me the week. 2 cups of steel cut oats and 1 cup of quinoa, cook oats and quinoa for a bit, add 4 cups of water, bring to a boil, then simmer for half an hour. Add whatever the hell you want to it afterward to make it tasty (Brown sugar, honey, yogurt, etc).

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Oatmeal with protein powder mixed in is a legit stupid pleasure of mine, and my kid has grown up eating it too, which means it’s going to be really hilarious when she finally discovers that most people don’t have chocolate flavored oatmeal.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

I've been making egg white omelettes and nuking them in the morning.

I am also a loving animal who likes the taste of dried out eggs due to growing up eating those mcdonalds scrambled eggs.

Yeah I've been making omelettes too and then nuking them. Usually put red pepper and spinach in it. Today I spiced things up with bacon.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I find the gilbert's sausages and wrapping it in plastic wrap keeps it from drying out.

I've done this before as well. loving delicious.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't have the discipline to do any of that so it's usually peanut butter (or cashew butter if I made some) on a bagel with a side of fruit and a glass of whole milk.

I am gonna try those though. Never thought a warm breakfast could be that easy and quick.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/949373971962777600

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't have the discipline to do any of that so it's usually peanut butter (or cashew butter if I made some) on a bagel with a side of fruit and a glass of whole milk.

I am gonna try those though. Never thought a warm breakfast could be that easy and quick.

I have these great meal prep containers. https://www.amazon.com/Enther-Conta...Prep+Containers

I make my breakfast the night before and sometimes I have enough for two days.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Oatmeal with protein powder mixed in is a legit stupid pleasure of mine, and my kid has grown up eating it too, which means it’s going to be really hilarious when she finally discovers that most people don’t have chocolate flavored oatmeal.

I tried it with chocolate and it was so strange I couldn't eat it more than 1-2 times.

But as a kid I can see why it would be good because, well its chocolate.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I wish I could get behind eggs since theyre so easy. Taste like straight sulfur to me though :shrug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/949353171482226688

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

How do you even let someone ask you such a disrespectful question

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

The tasteful and purposeful typos... molto bene

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Several news outlets reported the gorilla tv joke as true lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I have a government contractor who has given me a list of 150+ line items. Almost everything without exception is obsolete or grey market.

They want 5 year pricing tiers without giving us a forecast or guarantee to order.

The entire shell game world of the low-bid system exists only as a pretext to rape the government through change orders, carnale

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

I loving hate Twitter so much.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The entire shell game world of the low-bid system exists only as a pretext to rape the government through change orders, carnale

My dad gave a contract out to an old lady for to procure janitorial supplies for the Angeles Forest because she was thousands of dollars cheaper than the next lowest bidder. All she did was go to Costco once a month lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Just ordered me some muffin pans

pubic works project posted:

I have these great meal prep containers. https://www.amazon.com/Enther-Conta...Prep+Containers

I make my breakfast the night before and sometimes I have enough for two days.

Got these too. Thanks for the tip!

I work at home now but I still can't wake up early enough to make food before stepping into my office that's 10 feet away

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 6, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Steaks are in the bath!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My dad gave a contract out to an old lady for to procure janitorial supplies for the Angeles Forest because she was thousands of dollars cheaper than the next lowest bidder. All she did was go to Costco once a month lol

The biggest flaw in the low-bid system is that unless every aspect of the job is spelled out explicitly (this is called Scope of Work), every single minute thing that comes up that isn't in that scope of work ends up buying the contractor a Ferrari. For example, we once had a contract with the Dept of the Navy to install casework in aircraft carrier, and our contract lawyer caught a gap that didn't explicitly state who carried the cabinets into the ship from the delivery truck, so the contract tripled through change orders. It was a seven figure mistake by the government.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/949410214326845441

the gorilla channel is real and it's spectacular.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Neil Armbong posted:

The key to a good sear on a sous vide steak is patting it dry before searing. Don't skip or half as this step. I think you said you got a torch, but if you go skillet route, get it smoking hot, with putting it in an oven at 500 degrees for half an hour being the best way.

You can get a ridiculous sear and an evenly cooked steak on any cut you get simply by bringing it up to room temp, patting it dry, putting beef tallow in the pan, and flipping it every 30 seconds.

It's a Modernist Cuisine trick. Flipping it gives the moisture somewhere to evaporate so it browns MUCH more quickly. You don't really want to cook beef in some garbage oil either because it will change the flavor. Beef tallow is much better.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The biggest flaw in the low-bid system is that unless every aspect of the job is spelled out explicitly (this is called Scope of Work), every single minute thing that comes up that isn't in that scope of work ends up buying the contractor a Ferrari. For example, we once had a contract with the Dept of the Navy to install casework in aircraft carrier, and our contract lawyer caught a gap that didn't explicitly state who carried the cabinets into the ship from the delivery truck, so the contract tripled through change orders. It was a seven figure mistake by the government.

And this is how people bilk utilities and drive up rates. All the time.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's weird. The government gets really loving good pricing on almost everything I've seen. There is so much goddamn competition.

Of course if you have the print to a circuit board made in the 1970's that no one else can make....

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol the military gets good pricing on loving nothing. Blame fedlog

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

And this is how people bilk utilities and drive up rates. All the time.

The low-bid system needs to be abolished.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's weird. The government gets really loving good pricing on almost everything I've seen. There is so much goddamn competition.

Of course if you have the print to a circuit board made in the 1970's that no one else can make....

This only partially true. The bid item pricing is generally great, but anything not covered by the bid is how you end up with a $400 toilet seat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Freshwater sorry to hear about your account woes, needy customers are loving trash and sometimes there's just no pleasing them.

FizFashizzle posted:

I believed it until they got to the specifics. I can totally envision him stumbling on a dope gorilla documentary on Nat Geo or Discovery once and then forever referring to it as "that gorilla channel" after that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol yeah, I've heard so many variations on this theme I can't even keep track. My dad was a government contractor and so are both of my brothers. I'm the black sheep who doesn't do it but I'm considering it since it's extremely stable work.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I sell the proverbial $400 toilet seat. That one was actually one of those submarine 0 noise ones AFAIK.

1) A shitload of the price in almost all cases is the fact that the government is not allowed to store almost anything and it needs to be ordered on a per order basis, so no price breaks.

2) they need mil spec packaging which for something like a UPS can cost from $50-$125 per item to get done. This also extends to things like resistors for circuit boards which need to be individual ESD bagged at like $1 a pop.

3) they are a small part of the overall electronics market (like 5%) and once something is designed it is on an approved list. It doesn't behoove companies to pump out stuff aimed at 5% of the market or even store it so it gets rare and also expensive to manufacture. You can wear your pirate hat in those cases.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Steaks are in the bath!

I think I might do steaks tomorrow. It's been a while and at least that way if and when the Chiefs are pissing me off by letting the Titans steal a playoff game I'll be eating/just have eaten a nice steak.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I sell the proverbial $400 toilet seat. That one was actually one of those submarine 0 noise ones AFAIK.

1) A shitload of the price in almost all cases is the fact that the government is not allowed to store almost anything and it needs to be ordered on a per order basis, so no price breaks.

2) they need mil spec packaging which for something like a UPS can cost from $50-$125 per item to get done. This also extends to things like resistors for circuit boards which need to be individual ESD bagged at like $1 a pop.

3) they are a small part of the overall electronics market (like 5%) and once something is designed it is on an approved list. It doesn't behoove companies to pump out stuff aimed at 5% of the market or even store it so it gets rare and also expensive to manufacture. You can wear your pirate hat in those cases.

I don't know much about selling manufactured goods to the government, but in my industry the fortune is never, ever made in the initial job cost, it's all in change orders because nothing ever goes according to plan, something gets overlooked in architectural drawings, specifications, site conditions etc etc. I can't even fathom how much money could be saved simply by limiting change orders in exchange for simply starting at a fair price

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't know much about selling manufactured goods to the government, but in my industry the fortune is never, ever made in the initial job cost, it's all in change orders because nothing ever goes according to plan, something gets overlooked in architectural drawings, specifications, site conditions etc etc. I can't even fathom how much money could be saved simply by limiting change orders in exchange for simply starting at a fair price

Looks like I need to get into the service side! Yeah there is not anywhere NEAR the amount of waste I assumed going in. Unless you're a franchised distributor or have very fuckin' special pricing from a master distributor you get beat on bids all the time even at like 15% margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

I want to believe its real