Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Don't know what's going on with the LRR pre-prerelease right now because this game is boring as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Draftsim is updated with Rivals. I should shoot a couple bucks to the dude who maintains it. It does what it says and he's on the ball.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Katana Gomai posted:

Don't know what's going on with the LRR pre-prerelease right now because this game is boring as hell

welcome to ixalan, enjoy your stay

also evan erwin and reuben bresler are incredibly boring

Jen X fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 5, 2018

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

GeneX posted:

Actually Ixalan was/is fast as gently caress even in Sealed, they took 1:30h for a 2-0 for some reason.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Katana Gomai posted:

Actually Ixalan was/is fast as gently caress even in Sealed, they took 1:30h for a 2-0 for some reason.

I was talking about the boring as hell part

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

GeneX posted:

I was talking about the boring as hell part

To each their own I guess, I found their game boring because they durdled around for 80 minutes

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
In retrospect, RTR/KTK/THS was a really good streak.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

GeneX posted:

Reuben Bresler is the worst at everything. Not a fan.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

To each their own I guess, I found their game boring because they durdled around for 80 minutes

This is how many PrePreReleases they've done? At this point it's on you, man.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

odiv posted:

This is how many PrePreReleases they've done? At this point it's on you, man.

I only just started playing so the only PPR I've seen so far was the Ixalan one. Point taken however

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I like LRR, but these events are too much for me, generally. Who has that kind of time? Sometimes I'm frustrated that I'll have a draw in 1/4 to 1/2 of my prerelease event matches, but it's good to be reminded why there's a time limit.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Did not notice the brainstorm merfolk until just now.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Watching Limited streams is a terrible thing because no one cares about playing generic bears that cost 3 that only hardcore limited players remember the name of without a face to actually present the information fluidly to audiences. The exception is watching MODO Cube because the average player has a way to recognize the cards both as conceptually and literally.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That is why constructed will always be more fun than limited to me

Building the deck is the really fun part of limited

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mcmagic posted:

Reuben Bresler is the worst at everything. Not a fan.

He's really uninteresting. I watched the Magic Mics video on the MTGHQ thing, and he was on alongside Evan Erwin and Erin Campbell. He was badly outclassed.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Did not notice the brainstorm merfolk until just now.

This could be a common.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Energy would be fine if only the Pummeler decks were good enough.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

TheKingofSprings posted:

That is why constructed will always be more fun than limited to me

Building the deck is the really fun part of limited

I love drafting and building my sealed draft decks. I hate playing those games.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
This deck would be better...if only it had more MERFOLK

Deck: Merfolk

//Lands (18)
4 Botanical Sanctum
5 Forest
5 Island
4 Unclaimed Territory

//Spells (4)
4 Blossoming Defense

MERFOLK (9,001)

4 Kumena's Speaker
4 Mist-Cloaked Herald
4 Deeproot Elite
4 Merfolk Branchwalker
4 Merfolk Mistbinder
4 Metallic Mimic
4 River Sneak
4 Shaper Apprentice
4 Silvergill Adept
2 Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca

//Sideboard (15)
3 Admiral's Order
3 Heroic Intervention
2 Kopala, Warden of Waves
4 Shapers' Sanctuary
3 Spell Pierce

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 6, 2018

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/949439632168505346

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

That's foreboding.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Man banning a common that's 'G - Search for a basic land and put it in your hand' card is gonna be goddamn embarrassing.

e: They should ban all energy cards for having energy counters represented individually on the card rather than as 4(Energy Symbol)

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

You would think they would've learned that parasitic mechanics suck and nobody likes playing with them.

Unless they're broken and warp the format around them.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I really wish they'd ban ancient stirrings. It would be like when gitprobe got it. "Yeah, you finally figured it out, huh..."

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If Energy gets hit too hard what will stop Mono Red?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ShaneB posted:

I really wish they'd ban ancient stirrings. It would be like when gitprobe got it. "Yeah, you finally figured it out, huh..."

Do Not Ban Filtering

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ShaneB posted:

Change the rules such that lands are no longer considered "colorless" but instead have no color designation whatsoever. :getin:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

Do Not Ban Filtering

Honest question as a non-Tron player: how often does the deck grab lands with Stirrings? I always thought its primary purpose was to dig for the deck's actual wincons, but grabbing lands makes sense too.

In that light, Stirrings effectively being one mana for "look at the top five cards of your library at put one into your hand" in that deck seems pretty good, especially since two mana to look at the top three (at instant speed) is Wizards' current standard for that type of effect.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 6, 2018

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Looking through the Rivals spoiler...did we really not get a 2-drop Pirate lord? What the hell.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They should go back to 18 month rotation.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Looking through the Rivals spoiler...did we really not get a 2-drop Pirate lord? What the hell.

They don't want to break Legacy

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

C-Euro posted:

Honest question as a non-Tron player: how often does the deck grab lands with Stirrings? I always thought its primary purpose was to dig for the deck's actual wincons, but grabbing lands makes sense too.

In that light, Stirrings effectively being one mana for "look at the top five cards of your library at put one into your hand" in that deck seems pretty good, especially since two mana to look at the top three (at instant speed) is Wizards' current standard for that type of effect.

I would say "a majority of the time", but probably not a huge majority. Also depending on if you count grabbing Expedition Map as "grabbing a land".

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Only the two color tribes got a 2 drop lord.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I mean, that's like asking how often a Draw-Go player takes an Island off of Impulse. The answer is always going to be "whenever it makes sense to." You cast it to take the best card you see, whatever that is, and put the jank on the bottom.

It might be interesting to see the statistics of how often you make each sort of pick (is Frank Karsten a goon?).

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

So our store officially stopped advertising FNM legacy after if fired less than 1/4 of the time over most of the last year.

Anyone have any ideas what happened not quite a year ago that would cause people to stop coming to legacy?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

suicidesteve posted:

So our store officially stopped advertising FNM legacy after if fired less than 1/4 of the time over most of the last year.

Anyone have any ideas what happened not quite a year ago that would cause people to stop coming to legacy?

People realised it wasn't worth it for them to spend $2000 on a deck for promo tokens?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

suicidesteve posted:

Scg dropped all legacy events?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Chinese New Year?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

suicidesteve posted:

You?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Angry Grimace posted:

This deck would be better...if only it had more MERFOLK

Deck: Merfolk

//Lands (18)
4 Botanical Sanctum
5 Forest
5 Island
4 Unclaimed Territory

//Spells (4)
4 Blossoming Defense

MERFOLK (9,001)

4 Kumena's Speaker
4 Mist-Cloaked Herald
4 Deeproot Elite
4 Merfolk Branchwalker
4 Merfolk Mistbinder
4 Metallic Mimic
4 River Sneak
4 Shaper Apprentice
4 Silvergill Adept
2 Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca

//Sideboard (15)
3 Admiral's Order
3 Heroic Intervention
2 Kopala, Warden of Waves
4 Shapers' Sanctuary
3 Spell Pierce

i too want to gently caress with standard fish

x3 kumena's speaker
x4 mist-cloaked herald
x4 deeproot elite
x4 silvergill adept
x3 river sneak
x4 merfolk mistbinder
x3 vineshaper mystic
x2 kumena, tyrant of orazca
x3 herald of secret streams

x3 negate
x2 overcome
x3 deeproot waters

22 land
x4 unclaimed territory
x4 botanical sanctum
x7 island
x7 forest

i totally loving missed metallic mimic tho, gently caress what do i cut

e: deeproot waters prob too slow, i like going wide and stacking counters as a theme though

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 6, 2018