Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

hello, there is an issue uploading iPhone screenshots that have been cropped using the new function to imgur via Awful, and results in Protocol error: code 100. it works if I upload to imgur directly, and if I were to redownload from this link, it posts from Awful fine. if the issue has been noted already, apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

OldAlias posted:

hello, there is an issue uploading iPhone screenshots that have been cropped using the new function to imgur via Awful, and results in Protocol error: code 100. it works if I upload to imgur directly, and if I were to redownload from this link, it posts from Awful fine. if the issue has been noted already, apologies
Is it this one?

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah this is the same one I've been getting on my 7+ since I switched photo format to High Efficiency. I think Imgur doesn't take HEIC photos.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

pokeyman posted:

You know, I suspect there is a workaround somewhere, because I've only managed to get into a preview loop once and couldn't reproduce it. Unfortunately I don't know what it is. Sorry!

It's probably obvious to everyone but me, but I realized you can turn off Post Preview in the Settings menu. That's a decent way to avoid the problem until it gets ironed out. Oddly enough, my iPad Pro 9.7 (all latest iOS and apps) doesn't suffer from preview loop.

and just to sound like im not bitching:

I really enjoy the app and the work you guys put into it! It's a pleasure to use and scales incredibly well with a variety of screen sizes. Being able to change the app icon to the frog/dog/ghost/creepy yospos guy is cool and good!

buglord fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 30, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Suddenly trying to filter by thread tag in gbs glitches (no tags show up)

Must locate egg thread (see below)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Was there a change at some point for the pull-up distance needed to browse to the next page? I feel like I never triggered that accidentally but now I do it all the time. Maybe it's just a function of where I start the drag on the iPhone X vs the 6.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

kimbo305 posted:

Was there a change at some point for the pull-up distance needed to browse to the next page? I feel like I never triggered that accidentally but now I do it all the time. Maybe it's just a function of where I start the drag on the iPhone X vs the 6.
It's definitely the iPhone X, it's triggered when the circle icon is about halfway visible.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

maskenfreiheit posted:

Must locate egg thread (see below)

Wtf now I need that thread too

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

anthonypants posted:

It's definitely the iPhone X, it's triggered when the circle icon is about halfway visible.

K, so not just my imagination.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Endless Mike posted:

If you're looking into opening Twitter links in alternate apps, please add Twitteriffic. I have no idea if it's more or less work since I have no idea how these things work.

I'll add it to the list!

theflyingexecutive posted:

Can you make a point system/hall of fame for emptyquotes so I can stop updating this 300gb xlsx?

I've thought about doing some funny detecting of things like emptyquotes or name changes. Couldn't really come up with a useful feature though.

spanky the dolphin posted:

I don't know what this light switch gesture is but it sounds cool.

Here's a mock up I made for an OLED theme in thread view:

It's mostly all 000000 black. The dividing lines are 1a1a1a gray, and I gave them rounded edges so they'd melt into the OLED more. Text color values are all the same as before in this image but I think the link blue color should be brightened to 0066ff.

The background for the Parent Forum | Previous Posts | End of Page buttons could be 1a1a1a also.

I like this! No promises about when I'll get to it…

smackfu posted:

Two finger swipe up or down. TweetBot even has a light switch sound effect which is quite satisfying.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-quickly-toggle-night-mode-on-tweetbot-4/

Yeah this. Got used to it in a hurry once I had an app that did it.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Also I’ve been having issues where the subscribed threads are wonky - it hangs down a bit and clicking on a thread brings me to the topic below

Yeah :( sorry about that. Kinda surprised a quit/relaunch doesn't work. Until I finally fix this stuff, you could always resort to a delete/reinstall. I realize how dumb that is.

OldAlias posted:

No apologies necessary. I suspect it's one of the known issues with Imgur uploads. I'll add it to the list!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Not sure what's going on here but I've seen it too. On the list!

kimbo305 posted:

Oh yeah I bet that's broken on the X. I'll make a note to fix it up.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I can take a shot at the darkest theme. It's gonna take some crowbarring in--I implemented automatic switching in a hacky way.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

pokeyman posted:

I'll add it to the list!

I've thought about doing some funny detecting of things like emptyquotes or name changes. Couldn't really come up with a useful feature though.

I like this! No promises about when I'll get to it…

Yeah this. Got used to it in a hurry once I had an app that did it.

Yeah :( sorry about that. Kinda surprised a quit/relaunch doesn't work. Until I finally fix this stuff, you could always resort to a delete/reinstall. I realize how dumb that is.

No apologies necessary. I suspect it's one of the known issues with Imgur uploads. I'll add it to the list!

Not sure what's going on here but I've seen it too. On the list!

Oh yeah I bet that's broken on the X. I'll make a note to fix it up.

Hey man, no sad smilies!

I appreciate all the work you put in... this is a good app and you’re just deciding what icing flowers go on the cake.

Shouldn’t have just posted a list of issues.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
If you're adding Twitter alternate apps, please add Echofon as well.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
~ occasionally links and other tappable things do not respond until the app is force closed and reopened.
~ why do some bookmark threads have a red color link to unread posts and others are orange? I assume it's supposed to be threads you are quoted in or something but it doesn't work. One thread unread count is always red and no other.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Since I got my X the reason imgur gives me for never allowing photos to upload has changed to 100 rather than 1. Same result, though.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
~ cannot seem to sort by thread tag. Only option is no tag

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Crime on a Dime posted:

~ occasionally links and other tappable things do not respond until the app is force closed and reopened.
There are a few additional symptoms for this one.

• The status bar text goes from white to black with an upward wipe, as if something slides up over it.
  • Something slides off the screen downward. not sure on this one now
  • The navigation bar eventually appears floating over the thread list, but with no visible controls on it.

Also you can get out of the preview loop by canceling and hitting the post button. It will be sitting there ready to post. Not sure fit his helps track it down. It happens 100% of the time for me.

Edit: Screenshots, “good” status bar state, bad state (links don’t work) plus lost navigation panel.

https://imgur.com/a/PPjvc

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 9, 2018

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Hello beautiful people. Is twitter embedding broken? Any image in a twitter post is just showing as a blank square for me.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/chrisbhoffman/status/950861459302445056

Testing

E: Yep, empty white boxes.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Tell your adblocker to stop blocking Twitter.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

An ad blocker isn't gonna have any effect in Awful. And for the record, I see the issue too.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
whoops, forgot what thread I was in

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

I think our old-rear end twitter.js finally got too out of date.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

While we’re at it, you’d probably want to make liking tweets possible in the forums without needing to open twitter itself first. Idk how but the android version works that way.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Can’t go to current page of this bookmark. Just displays this error.

Cleared cached and logged out no difference.

Can get to previous page

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

carry on then posted:

Oh crap

Nitr0 posted:

Can get to previous page

That thread is haunted

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Trevor Hale posted:

Hello beautiful people. Is twitter embedding broken? Any image in a twitter post is just showing as a blank square for me.

Can confirm. Oddly enough, videos still load.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it's the forums or twitter, because now I'm getting DOMExceptions on tweets on desktop Chrome

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Came here to post about the twitter issue as well, so looks like it’s a legit thing and not just effecting one person.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
I'm seeing the same half-embedded tweets on desktop Chrome on other websites, so it's either a problem with twitter, or they changed their API or something

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I also noticed something changed in the twitter app itself where if you try to share the tweet with any other app, the URL is super jacked.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

carry on then posted:

It was this. Updated it and it fixed images in embedded tweets for me so I hope those other issues people are mentioning are unrelated.

e: as for liking tweets without going to an external browser tab, I'm not sure how we'd do that since embedding tweets is literally pointing twitter at a tweet URL and saying "replace that with whatever you want to." If it's configurable somehow, let me know.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 11, 2018

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/890082721543966720

Testing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

It was this. Updated it and it fixed images in embedded tweets for me so I hope those other issues people are mentioning are unrelated.

Ok. I was just coming here to see if anyone else was having the same issue. It just started this past weekend for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nitr0 posted:

Can get to previous page

I have the same issue with the metal gear series thread.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Got "scraping failed, error 0" when using the quote function

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why is this happening? Is it on my end?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Zesty posted:

Why is this happening? Is it on my end?

Because you touch your end at night. (Read the thread maybe ]

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone more helpful?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Zesty posted:

Anyone more helpful?
Just look back a couple posts on this page. I think the built-in Twitter support is broken, so we'll have to wait for the next Awful app update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Zesty posted:

Anyone more helpful?

Yes. Read the previous posts. Does the answer need to be simpler?