Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kilometers Davis posted:

Was Killing Floor 2 a Plus game or something? I forgot I had it. Installed it a while back, played for about 10 minutes and deleted it. It didn’t click at all and felt clunky. Last night I reinstalled while wanting some new shooter to play and gently caress man it’s so fun! I don’t like L4D style games all that often but it’s really enjoyable. Not crazy about the few games that went on for like 15 minutes while spectating someone kiting a boss but eh I can avoid that by sticking to normal difficulty I’m sure.

If I found the first game to have cool monsters and atmosphere but hated absolutely everything about playing it should I check out 2?

I think you will. The game doesn't have anywhere near as interesting a story imo, and the mind fuckery is limited to linear segments, but the monsters are wonderfully disgusting and the game play is much more coherent. The development team definitely learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CordlessPen posted:

Still, I would recommend playing it once. It's an incredible experience, and every single time I quit, just a few hours later I'd get the urge to go back to it. The only thing it would really need would be a way to better communicate that you've found the right solution to a puzzle, even if it doesn't work on your first attempt.

I mean...it was designed to be frustrating and somewhat inscrutable on purpose... :shrug:

Glad you got something out of it though :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trico behaved fine for me and the two times I got stuck were because I'd missed something obvious. I even got the infamous drop his tail through a hole bit to work pretty easily.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I even got the infamous drop his tail through a hole bit to work pretty easily.

This legit took me about half an hour

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I mean...it was designed to be frustrating and somewhat inscrutable on purpose... :shrug:

Trico being "frustrating" to control, I 100% understand as being part of the game. I don't expect it to react instantly to every one of my commands, I actually love its general behavior and how natural it looks and I know that forming a realistic bond between the kid/player and his pet/friend is the point of the game, and I can appreciate that.

If the game could keep that realism but find a way to let me know that I've solved a puzzle but that Trico needs a few more minutes to really get the hang of it, it would be a million times less frustrating to me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This legit took me about half an hour

Yeah it hosed me over, too.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah that's not really a good excuse. It's like how those pointless job minigames in No More Heroes do effectively communicate how boring ordinary life is compared to the thrilling life of a lightsaber assassin.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah that's not really a good excuse.

It doesn't need to be an excuse. It's a design.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey ps4 thread is there a good like rhythm game controller that would work for miku and ideally be well configured for persona dancing. playing rhythm games on a dualshock sucks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DDR pad?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Rock Band drums.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Splice some wires and gently caress with some hardware and poo poo and use Donkey Konga drums.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

monkey conga?

e;f;b

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Realtalk, fightsticks are good for rhythm games if there are no analog-only commands

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I use a fightstick for music games sometimes but I am uncertain whether it actually improves my performance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looks like there was a miku pad made but its $350 everywhere now

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

It doesn't need to be an excuse. It's a design.

Just because it is by design does not make it good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Began Uncharted 3:

- I thought they would never touch on how Sully and Drake met and just have it being one of those random adventures they keep referencing but that was neat

- The gameplay itself of that part wasn't tho, the camera really didn't help escaping the MIBs

- Chloe! :neckbead: Wait...oh no, she'll definitely die in this one, there's no way she survives two games :ohdear:

- I like Cutter already, I also thought "Great Movie!" when Drake mentioned Lawrence of Arabia :downs:

- The close combat is...awkward? This came out after Arkham Asylum and around the same time as City but definitely does not feel as good

- I love Drake's little doodles

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

FF12 hack. Free LP and exp.

Go to an area you are over leveled for. Put on FF. Set up gambit for 1 character to steal if foe health =100%

Then here's the trick. Hand the controller to your 7 year old. Tell her to kill everything and run around.

Browse somethingawful.com

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no point when you'll max out everyone's license boards by the end of the game if you do the arena battles a couple of times.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I don't know what arena battles are. Never played before.

Just had a very difficult and fun fight with a few demon walls.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Just because it is by design does not make it good.

Good is subjective. It is intentional, tho.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Which of these games is the best bang for their buck from the sale right now? I can only get one of them.

Enter the gungeon, RE6, this is the police, transistor, or infamous first light?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Transistor is dope as hell

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Re6 is good and over the top and long and amazing coop

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TEW2 sounds like they answered my problems with the first. Neat. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Which of these games is the best bang for their buck from the sale right now? I can only get one of them.

Enter the gungeon, RE6, this is the police, transistor, or infamous first light?

I bought Enter the Gungeon during the sale and am completely in love with it. The gameplay feels super slick and it seems like the game has endless replay ability.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is nuclear throne out on PS4? Because gungeon is just a pale me-too version of NT

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Nuclear Throne is on psn but I can't afford it, and it doesn't seem to be on sale. I guess I'll sleep on gungeon then and figure this out between This is the Police, re6, and transistor.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Toilet Rascal
Best bang for the buck is RE6 because it's like 60 hours long. Highest quality game is probably Transistor.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Transistor is good and interesting, though Bastion and Pyre are better.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE6 is actually super fun for the most part

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Transistor is dope as hell

This.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If you can play 30 hours of co-op, RE6 is amazing. It's an utter trash fire of a game but like RE5 it is insanely good horror camp. Also gameplay camp if that can be a thing. There's no finer experience than being the other guy in a scripted boss fight, forced to watch the interesting thing happen through a scope 200 feet away.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

RE6 is actually super fun for the most part

It's dope as hell and going through the city blasting zombs was fun as hell. Pity the boss fights are such poo poo.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Witcher 3 just £12 on Uk store :eyepop: and Bloodborne as well!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Danganronpa v3

Do I need to have played the first 2 games at all? Or can I just go straight to 3?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Danganronpa v3

Do I need to have played the first 2 games at all? Or can I just go straight to 3?

If you don't care, sure. It spoils huge parts of the first 2 games. Possibly even as early as the intro cutscene.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1+2 Reload it is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

While you can technically play V3 without playing the first two it would greatly lessen the impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why isn't Reload on saleeeeeeeee :qq: