Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cant wait to play ff12 during the snowday, tomorrow. bought the prima guide :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

being able to swap between the entire party is pretty awesome.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Ff12 is a really good remake. It's so nice you can have all the gambits available right away as opposed to having to find them in the world, makes combat much more enjoyable.

I used the piggyback guide from the ps2 version and it was good for most of it but some of the sidequests changed a bit.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

My only real complaint about 12 was the lack of side quests.

Cool that they give you all the gambits right away though.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

My only real complaint about 12 was the lack of side quests.

Cool that they give you all the gambits right away though.

I think there is a lot of extra content in 12 but so much of it is end game content or really long side quests that require very specific steps from early in the game that have a big payoff way later.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

I think there is a lot of extra content in 12 but so much of it is end game content or really long side quests that require very specific steps from early in the game that have a big payoff way later.

Isn't there something retarded like you get the best weapon by NOT opening a specific set of chests

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Isn't there something retarded like you get the best weapon by NOT opening a specific set of chests

The Zodiac Spear, but they changed that for the Zodiac Job System version I think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

this is something people pass around all the time but im pretty sure its just RNG manipulation that gets treated as the ur-example of FFXII being annoying. even though its probably completely unintentional on the part of the developers.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

this is something people pass around all the time but im pretty sure its just RNG manipulation that gets treated as the ur-example of FFXII being annoying. even though its probably completely unintentional on the part of the developers.

no it was true and intentional in the original game, there were specific chests that if you left them shut it made 1 chest in the necrohol always have the zodiac spear in it, in the room that has 16 chests in it. but if you opened any of them the chest wouldnt be there, only the other 15 which all have dark matters in them. its not the only way to get the spear though, the phon coast hunt club can give you one. either way its not like you need it

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

P-Mack posted:

This isn't the case in any of the rereleases, feel free to open up as many treasure chests as you want.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol just got done with the Leviathan fight in final fantasy 15. As in the cut scene after is playing as I write this. That was a bad boss fight. Felt like a giant qte cut scene.

Edit: really enjoying the game over all though. I heard a lot of bad stuff about it so I was just gonna watch a let's play. Then in the let's play I saw the cool teamwork the boys did during fights and I had to get it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the giant boss fights are pretty weak, the combat system doesnt really work well for it. but theres not many

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Let's Plays are for autistics so you made the right choice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Anyone watching a FF let's play is a Chris Chan palette swap in my mind

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

I felt like a lot of the side content were just hunts, the game really needed something to break up the routine especially given how much the game played itself once you got going.

I really like Triple Triad and Blitzball. Not having anything like that in 12 was a bummer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Has anyone who was playing this at launch picked it up again? I know there were at least a couple people who were waiting for all the content to drop before replaying...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Has anyone who was playing this at launch picked it up again? I know there were at least a couple people who were waiting for all the content to drop before replaying...

I played Episode Gladiolus but that's it. Was gonna ng+ but other games got in the way

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Starting 7 for the first time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Starting 7 for the first time

Dude....youre in for a ride.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
just got to the floating continent dungeon in FF6 and the difficult has spiked HARD.. maybe i just brought the wrong team with me (terra/locke/setzer/shadow) but i went from 1-shotting the boss right before it to having someone die in almost every random encounter.. plus its a freaking maze here. idk if i'm going to make it to the end unless its short, and i shudder to think about what kind of boss is waiting to kick my rear end

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this keeps getting better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqdSJVUZxU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its not an lp I should say. its the new tim rogers translation thing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

just got to the floating continent dungeon in FF6 and the difficult has spiked HARD.. maybe i just brought the wrong team with me (terra/locke/setzer/shadow) but i went from 1-shotting the boss right before it to having someone die in almost every random encounter.. plus its a freaking maze here. idk if i'm going to make it to the end unless its short, and i shudder to think about what kind of boss is waiting to kick my rear end
Nope, floating continent is the game's toughest challenge. It's all downhill after that in terms of difficulty, thanks to the usual FF power curve.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nope, floating continent is the game's toughest challenge. It's all downhill after that in terms of difficulty, thanks to the usual FF power curve.

Also gets much less linear past that point.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I started FFXV a few days ago and already love it. I came upon a huge realization that I love Final Fantasy but never played any after VII, so I immediately picked up X on the Vita and am making it my commute game. I think this is going to be the year of Final Fantasy for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

I started FFXV a few days ago and already love it. I came upon a huge realization that I love Final Fantasy but never played any after VII, so I immediately picked up X on the Vita and am making it my commute game. I think this is going to be the year of Final Fantasy for me.

between VIII and XV theres only like, 2 games i dont love in there. its an amazing series

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

between VIII and XV theres only like, 2 games i dont love in there. its an amazing series

*brkeaing my knuckles & looking at u* which two

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

vaginal facsimile posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vaginal facsimile posted:

VIII and XII

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
10 and 12

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

8 has great music and you can break that game in hilarious ways with the junctions. It's not good, but it's charming in its own way, chickenwuss.

10 has blitzball and the greatest recorded laugh of all time.

12 I'll always give credit for having its main characters more or less uninvolved with the main narrative. It's like "hey here's all this high-nobility political strife and conflict. Oh, wonder what that annoying little boy and friends are up to."

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

12 I'll always give credit for having its main characters more or less uninvolved with the main narrative. It's like "hey here's all this high-nobility political strife and conflict. Oh, wonder what that annoying little boy and friends are up to."

weren't they not even in the original script and then management came down and said, "this is Japan, we can't have adult protagonists what are you thinking"

And yeah VIII is fun if you aren't trying to play it in a boring grindy way

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

VIII and XII

*Punches you with my power level suppressed to exactly half*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Giving it another go and the floating continent continues to be insane. I was using party members that hadn't had a lot of screen time to spread out the magic points a little bit but I was just getting my rear end kicked.. Throwing Gau at the bad guys seems to be working though. I stole a Genji Glove from a dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

rediscover posted:

Giving it another go and the floating continent continues to be insane. I was using party members that hadn't had a lot of screen time to spread out the magic points a little bit but I was just getting my rear end kicked.. Throwing Gau at the bad guys seems to be working though. I stole a Genji Glove from a dragon

The genji glove is sick