Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Anyone ever had problems with two-step verification? Sony aren't texting me the verification code. It's worked before, since that's how I set it up in the first place. I made a ticket in the meantime.

I still have the messages from the previous times I used the service back in October so I'm not going crazy.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Anyone ever had problems with two-step verification? Sony aren't texting me the verification code. It's worked before, since that's how I set it up in the first place. I made a ticket in the meantime.

I still have the messages from the previous times I used the service back in October so I'm not going crazy.

Sometimes this happens to me too, yeah. Nothing to do but wait and complain about Sony online so you're halfway to logging in now!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Infinitum posted:

Danganronpa v3

Do I need to have played the first 2 games at all? Or can I just go straight to 3?

'New Dangan Ronpa V3: Everyone's New Semester of Mutual Killing' the game should actually be considered DR4, and kicks off a new storyline; the original 'Hope's Peak Acadamy' storyline is wrapped up in the Dangan Ronpa 3 anime series.

So if you want to play through the original storyline, play DR1, DR2, and watch DR3. If you intend to never play DR1 and DR2, just read a summary if you want the basic storyline.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Never watch the anime, good god

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I had a problem logging in to the app about two months ago. Wouldn't send me the text at all, so I ended up using one of the backup codes from the ps4 itself.

I got nine codes texted to me three weeks later.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

Never watch... anime, good god

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love Bastion (the game) and was bored to tears by Transistor. I only played for like 3 hours and never felt like I unlocked anything really cool and the story feels like it’s just going nowhere the whole time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea me too. soundtrack was still great but I didn't like the combat and the story just felt like bastion again with a worse narrator

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah same. I really wanted to like Transistor but there was just something about it. I didn't care for exploring and the combat never clicked as something I enjoyed. I've still yet to try Pyre.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I was all ready to love Transistor back when it was released, but the real-time+turn-based gimmick did not work for me. Attack, flop around like a fish on land while I wait for my meter to regenerate, attack wasn't a very fun system

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Transistor has the best general art/music direction of like anything ever, but whether you get into the story at all depends on how well it goes over that it's actually a tragic romance more than anything else.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I liked transistors combat simply because of the mix&match combos of Powers that could significantly alter your attack-styles. Story was interesting too. Stopped halfway through NG+ tho and never went back.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I was put of honestly because I knew nothing and expected bastion 2 and got different. I've always meant to go back and give it a shot but every time I see it I just play something else.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think their art style is nice but it doesn't really make me want to engage with the game for some reason. I felt the same way about bastion, but bastion had pretty fun combat so it didn't bother me as much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I disliked Transistor's "rotate the powers in your different slots to unlock stuff" gameplay that it made me completely bounce off it.

Nice art and music though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dying locking out a power was annoying. I guess it forced you to try out different things but that's about the worst way you can encourage diversity

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Never watch the anime, good god

seconded, there's a neat idea or two in there but overall it's a really boring mess that's way less entertaining than the games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt like how the turn planning in transistor didnt account for enemies being knocked around by earlier attacks so planning combos was annoying

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

seconded, there's a neat idea or two in there but overall it's a really boring mess that's way less entertaining than the games

DR1 and 2 are self contained enough that you’ll lose out on nothing skipping the anime. I liked the prequel arc, but I’m pretty meh on the future arc.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Sony should really just support software - based 2 factor so I can shove the code into my authenticator app.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

Never watch anime, good god

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I though Transistor's combat system was utterly brilliant, but I can see how it could be polarizing.

The first time I heard the sword's disembodied voice projected halfway between the tv and the controller speaker I almost poo poo my pants. The only other decent use of the DS4 so far is rubbing the touchpad in NieR to pet my pod.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TheCenturion posted:

DR1 and 2 are self contained enough that you’ll lose out on nothing skipping the anime. I liked the prequel arc, but I’m pretty meh on the future arc.

I keep seeing DR and mistaking it for Dead Rising.

How are the remastered versions of 1 and 2, by the way? I loved 2 when it came out but never played 1.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheCenturion posted:

the prequel arc had more things i liked in it but also more things that i intensely disliked and at the end of the day it was just about giving more detail to the background stuff from the games that honestly didn't need more detail

this is actually reminding me that i slept on v3, i should get around to it and hope it's like the two main games and not like...basically everything else in the franchise

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Sony should really just support software - based 2 factor so I can shove the code into my authenticator app.

not empty-quoting

Bonus points because feeding a generator key into an authenticator app would sidestep SS7 attacks on two-factor-by-text.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The only other decent use of the DS4 so far is rubbing the touchpad in NieR to pet my pod.

I always thought the spray paint in Infamous: Second Son worked really well.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

kater posted:

If you can play 30 hours of co-op, RE6 is amazing. It's an utter trash fire of a game but like RE5 it is insanely good horror camp. Also gameplay camp if that can be a thing. There's no finer experience than being the other guy in a scripted boss fight, forced to watch the interesting thing happen through a scope 200 feet away.

I played the whole game single player and still had a blast. It's a far better single player game than RE5 just by virtue of the fact that you don't have to manage your AI partner's inventory

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RE6 is a very misunderstood beat em up, but thats at least partially because capcom did a really poo poo job of explaining the gameplay with the actual game. its like reverse bloodborne in that regard.

i think the scattershot design hurt RE6 most of all by loving that up and leaving most people unaware of how fun the actual combat is. especially if you start with the chris and piers campaign, because it leads people to believe its some kind of cover shooter game which is almost always the worst way to play in any given scenario. i think my experience has really been colored by starting with jake and sherry and also by watching some people who know the mechanics well play the game.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

Rolo posted:

I always thought the spray paint in Infamous: Second Son worked really well.

The only things I can remember using the 'speshial features' of the DS4 are:
The Division plays some stuff through the speaker
GTA5 plays some stuff through the speaker
The Witcher 3 actually gives you some shortcuts to things like inventory and the world map through gestures on the touchpad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a lot of games use touchpad gestures to do inventory and map controls

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's a PSVR thing, but in Playroom VR you can flick your finger outward across the touchpad to fling projectiles, and it's really convincing and fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The lack of gyro aiming in AC:O has me pretty pissed off Zelda ruined bows for everything now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honestly i turned aco off in disgust when i realized it didnt have the master sword in it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is waaaaaay better than I was expecting to be, like drat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is waaaaaay better than I was expecting to be, like drat.

It's a good game that didn't hit insane expectations. Also...well. I'm interested in your feelings when you complete it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i genuinely wonder how much cutting the game up hurt sales. you have to assume its at least some, but i remember the game was a technical disaster when it launched too, plus the fiasco with one of the pre-order items being a one use consumable (lmao) and the multiplayer stuff. the various ways in which they managed to gently caress up that game are actually sort of impressive.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Yeah good game hosed by bad press from get rich quick bullshit. It sold fine. It was one of those games the publishers think will be the next call of duty success though.

Square is all in on mobile bs now lol. Just make games assholes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Isn't it uneven and cut short? Haven't played it, it's what I heard from people I mostly trust.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They have a game coming out in like three weeks and a lot more in the pipeline what are you even talking about.

The mobage whales are the ones funding it all because they have no self control and ruin their families to get JPEGs with more numbers on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Isn't it uneven and cut short? Haven't played it, it's what I heard from people I mostly trust.

I was the first in a trilogy or 2 game set. It doesn't really have a full story. The entire game feels like act 1.

Then it didn't set the world on fire so a sequel is doubtful.