Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

So I haven't really used Path of Building much. Is there a way to import my entire character so I don't have to tediously create every piece of gear he's wearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

regulargonzalez posted:

So I haven't really used Path of Building much. Is there a way to import my entire character so I don't have to tediously create every piece of gear he's wearing?

Like the "Import/Export Build" button in the top left corner?

J
Jun 10, 2001

regulargonzalez posted:

Yeah click the new build button, then in the top left click import/export build, then type in the name of your account (make sure your profile is public), and you can pick the character you want to import from there. Can import any public profile's character that way.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I feel like 20% packsize is the base packsize, and the new thing to do is shoot for 30%+ packsize. Been getting much better map returns doing that, though it might just be a lucky loot streak

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So i put this together earlier What should I do with it? Just throw it up on Poe.trade and move along? Exalt this and pray? Or just craft a mod and potentially use it? The rarity roll is only one affix

Zotix fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 6, 2018

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I decided to do my Merciless Labyrinth tonight, and because I'm still prone to death on traps, I took it slow and careful, got to the end (killing the boss 3 times was pretty easy now). Got to the final room, opened my three loot chests, change my helm enchant from one stupid enchant to a different stupid enchant, then ran over to my ascendency thing all excited to finish it... when I realized that I'd already done this stupid trial, with the fourth and final one the one I still need to complete.... gently caress.. me.

At least I didn't die I suppose, but what a drat let down that was.

^^ That ring would be pretty awesome to me, but I have no idea what advice to give you about it, other than sell it to me for cheap because I'm poor. :)

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Consider it good practice! The next one is harder, but mainly because of the boss and not the traps.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

pork never goes bad posted:

Consider it good practice! The next one is harder, but mainly because of the boss and not the traps.

I can't even do the last one yet, as I haven't got a clue how to get the item needed to open it or even to find the trials through the map device. I assume that I just have to find the right maps or something and eventually I'll run into the offering thing somewhere.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the uber lab trials show up randomly in maps and every time you finish one you get an offering thing

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Awesome! posted:

the uber lab trials show up randomly in maps and every time you finish one you get an offering thing

Cool, thanks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You can hang out in global channel 820 to see if anyone's offering any trials. Not sure how active it'll be this "late" in the league though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

people in guild still mention them fairly often.

i admit i have been slacking on it myself though since almost everyone has them by now

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight posted:

Since we're doing newbie questions - what is the the thing where a little spark appears on your head and just chunks you down over time? I've never noticed it before but it is absolutely devastating me this season.
I did some experimenting and this is actually the visual effect that indicates you're a loving idiot dumping cremations across packs of enemies on an elemental reflect map. :ughh:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:shepface:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

pork never goes bad posted:

Honestly, I find it the other way round. Izaro can be dealt with largely through the rule of "don't stand right in front of him" but I'm too stupid for the traps. The rooms are all dark, there's way too many swirly bits compared to safe spots, the spike patterns never line up in any reasonable way and it's all covered in green and purple circles that make it even harder to cross at speed, and there's not even any monsters to refill my flasks or leech off or anything. Half the time I can't find a safe space to observe the next section and just have to pray that whatevers off screen isn't going to kill me, and the half of the time there is a "safe" spot there's a bleed pillar there and because there's nothing to get flask charges off my staunching one has probably already run out.

Which brings me to my question, movement skills. In my infinite wisdom I've been using shield charge which can't cross gaps and therefore I actually have to run through traps a lot of the time. Is leap slam my best option to carry around and slot in?

edit: as is video game tradition, the best way to accomplish something is to complain how difficult it is just before you have another go. next up, how come i never get any mirrors?

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jan 6, 2018

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah leap slam is a lot nicer to use in lab than shield charge for the most part. If you've got the strength/dex, in your weapon swap equip a brightbeak and a prismatic eclipse with 3 green sockets. Then use leap slam+faster attacks, and you'll have a pretty drat zippy leap slam attack speed. Often the faster you can zoom through the traps the less damage you'll end up taking.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I was pretty annoyed (just failed uber lab again) when I wrote that post, but on reflection maybe my problem is just that I keep running VP builds.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

VP makes lab traps 100x more miserable.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Temporarily pec out of vp and take the pantheon that charges your flasks over time.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Worth trying to 6L and sell? Or just sell?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Jusupov posted:

Worth trying to 6L and sell? Or just sell?

That's some ace armor but don't try to 6l it before selling unless you feel very lucky.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How is changing the damage you take to lightening beneficial ?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

euphronius posted:

How is changing the damage you take to lightening beneficial ?

You can resist that damage with your lightning resist. More effectively than you can mitigate phys with armour, especially with big hits.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
If you only have a basalt flask and 75% resistance to the element, you're taking 7% less damage from physical damage with that breastplate.
Adding endurance charges or chaos golem in to the mix reduces the % reduced, while increasing elemental resistance increases it. 7% is a pretty heft chunk though, you can compare it to arctic armor which reserves a quarter of your mana for 13%.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcIY0zT0CJY

Glacial Hammer Juggernaut with 1,2 Million Shaper dps on a 5 Link

I think the cost is kinda hidden in the crit jewels and the extra ele damage from the offhand and neck, but still kinda funny.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

worth using an exalt?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

worth using an exalt?

No

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no way

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

haha alright

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
do it anyways though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'll consider it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
E A J U G G trip report:

EA needs to be reworked. I've got obscenely good gear, and yet it clears slower from a mechanical standpoint than virtually every other bow skill with a third of the invested currency. It's almost painful.

Single target, provided you throw approximately 10 exalts at it, is fine. You absolutely must have a +3 6L bow and a level 4 empower to make it feel good. You also need a 6L Quill Rain.

All told, I spent 15ex on this character. I can fortunately recoup about 13ex of that, possibly the whole thing if someone else buys the 21/20 EA gem. It's disappointing.

I don't know what I want to run next.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Vasudus posted:

E A J U G G trip report:

EA needs to be reworked. I've got obscenely good gear, and yet it clears slower from a mechanical standpoint than virtually every other bow skill with a third of the invested currency. It's almost painful.

Single target, provided you throw approximately 10 exalts at it, is fine. You absolutely must have a +3 6L bow and a level 4 empower to make it feel good. You also need a 6L Quill Rain.

All told, I spent 15ex on this character. I can fortunately recoup about 13ex of that, possibly the whole thing if someone else buys the 21/20 EA gem. It's disappointing.

scroll up a bit, you already have the J U G G part done...

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Vasudus posted:

E A J U G G trip report:

it's a good skill for early mapping on a low budget i dunno why you'd throw thousands of chaos at it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's a good skill for early mapping on a low budget i dunno why you'd throw thousands of chaos at it

Because the last time I ran it, last year, it was able to clear T15s and 3/4 guardians and was fun. Other skills/builds have since eclipsed it by a huge margin.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Which Guardian could it not do? Phoenix?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Which Guardian could it not do? Phoenix?

Yeah, Phoenix was ignite immune and the skill depended on ignite. Same with Atziri.

Now you just overgear the everloving gently caress out of it to compensate for the loss of ignite double dipping.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I'm not really sure what you expected.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Nostalgia, mostly. It was a lot better back when it did competitive damage with considerable tankiness. Now it requires considerable investment to just not feel awful, and the tankiness is lost in a lot of cases because other builds can just poo poo out so much more damage compared to last year.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
RIP EA. my EA marauder in darkshrine was one of my favourite characters :(

I have no idea how I'll stand playing anything after this wander though. Gonna have to be super fast with high damage but tankier—qotf slayer or somethin dumb like that