Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a reliable way to tell which tweets belong to Russian trollbots yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Groovelord Neato posted:

still boggles my mind that any vet would support ol i like war heroes that don't get captured, gold star abusing, donny bone spurs.

Do Cylons really count as war vets? :psylon:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXC0_f31Po

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Speedboat Jones posted:

Is there a reliable way to tell which tweets belong to Russian trollbots yet?

Usually the handle is an all-American name followed by a string of numbers, like jason737819, and the profile will be incessant retweets of conservative media and other bots for like 12 hours a day.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

still boggles my mind that any vet would support ol i like war heroes that don't get captured, gold star abusing, donny bone spurs.

It's always the one's like the above "25+ year Army vet manufacturing management" or whatever the gently caress that guy did who really believe they are elite tier 1 operator real american heros even though they never deployed anywhere near a combat zone.

Like, it's cool that you enjoyed your military career of filling out paperwork and got all those sweet retirement benefits, but you filled out forms for a living; you didn't put a bullet into Osama's dome or anything.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

did you know the guy who claims to have been the one to dome bin laden literally went against his orders on the mission to go upstairs (he was supposed to be securing the floor below bin laden) so he could be famous afterwards (he shot bin laden after he'd already been downed).

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

hahaha remember when trump said he wouldn't concede the election on live television- effectively delegitimizing the entire american democratic experiment in one smoothbrained moment?

hmbol

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

did you know the guy who claims to have been the one to dome bin laden literally went against his orders on the mission to go upstairs (he was supposed to be securing the floor below bin laden) so he could be famous afterwards (he shot bin laden after he'd already been downed).

dunno about that, but amongst the Trump cult, Osama wasn't even killed by our special forces. He died due to kidney failure.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

no i mean that is actually what happened. he went against the plan and ran upstairs for a shot at being the one that killed bin laden and put one in his head after another operator had already downed bin laden.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

SpazForPickles posted:

I'm just curious if anyone's seen any tallies on how many copies of the book were sold on Friday, in the US and internationally.

Whatever it is, it's going to be my new favorite number.

I preordered mine two days ago on Amazon and I just checked and it says I won't get it for 3 weeks lol

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Trumps entire brain is one big memory hole whooooose it’s gone.

KM Scorchio fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 6, 2018

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is this the Adam Lambert from American Idol?

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
So the alt-right loves to call people "cucks" - did SA popularize that word ca. 2013 back when it achieved ban-able meme status along with "im gay?" I had honestly never heard it before then, but maybe SA picked up on it from somewhere else.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Trump voters are unimpressed by these "books".

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Groovelord Neato posted:

No I did not

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Burt Sexual posted:

No I did not

Can confirm, Burt Sexual is a very stable genius sharpshooter.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Two books shes only seen random quotes from

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TotalLossBrain posted:

Missk sounds Russian and dumb

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TotalLossBrain posted:

Can confirm, Burt Sexual is a very stable genius sharpshooter.

One of the three is true.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Burt Sexual posted:

Missk sounds Russian and dumb

Nah, this one is a legit Murican Christian.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

No I did not

quote:

Red encountered and shot bin Laden’s son just before the second floor landing, and the SEALs following behind him fanned out into the hallways and rooms on the second floor to search and secure the area. It was then that both Bissonnette and O’Neill hung back on the stairway. Both should have remained on the second floor. Instead, as Red began his ascent to the third floor, they followed him up, hoping to get in on the kill.

As he approached the third floor bedroom, Red saw bin Laden standing in the doorway, peering out. He was unarmed and wearing pajamas. A few of his female relatives were nearby. Red came to a stop and fired two shots with his suppressed rifle. Red watched bin Laden fall. He later told his teammates that it was possible one arm was twitching reflexively as he died, but otherwise he was effectively dead and not a threat.

O’Neill and two or three more assaulters moved past Red into the bedroom as bin Laden lay on the ground. O’Neill then fired two rounds. According to his own description, the first two rounds hit bin Laden’s forehead. Then O’Neill canoed bin Laden with a final shot.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Big City Drinkin posted:

So the alt-right loves to call people "cucks" - did SA popularize that word ca. 2013 back when it achieved ban-able meme status along with "im gay?" I had honestly never heard it before then, but maybe SA picked up on it from somewhere else.

i think the stupid gamergate poo poo made it a widespread meme

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Kuato posted:

Not sure if this makes me like trump or dislike him. A hearty lol in any case.

If I had kids I'd probably make them fast forward movies to the good parts. I did that a few times since our first VCR in the 80s had a really lovely remote.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"canoed bin Laden" an actual "journalist" wrote that lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

smoobles posted:

Usually the handle is an all-American name followed by a string of numbers, like jason737819, and the profile will be incessant retweets of conservative media and other bots for like 12 hours a day.

I ventured into r/t_d when the tax plan was being discussed (prior to being passed) and argued with numerous people that obviously were not bots, but were literally lying about the plan. I mean I'd expect people to get things wrong when they're discussing it because most people really know jack poo poo about how taxes work, but these people were actively lying. Probably just American shills/idiots but a few of them had enough grammatical idiosyncrasies that I wondered if they were foreign/Russian.

The best was a thread I wasn't even posting in where two different magachuds, one fully in favor of the plan and one that thought it was mostly good but had a couple of issues, going back and forth accusing each other of being Shareblue shills.

Literally all I did was state facts about the tax plan (e.g. here's how a single no kids 60k earner in Iowa will be impacted) and I was still banned within 48 hours.

And the other funny thing is that there was practically no discussion about the plan at all. Chuds don't really care about policy they just care about owning the libs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

you should actually click the link. it's a term they use for desecrating bodies.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

no i mean that is actually what happened. he went against the plan and ran upstairs for a shot at being the one that killed bin laden and put one in his head after another operator had already downed bin laden.

He's like the guy who shoved the knife up Ghadaffi's rear end except white and American.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Groovelord Neato posted:

you should actually click the link. it's a term they use for desecrating bodies.

I've heard it before. I READ BOOKS I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What would you call it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL in the 1st chapter of the book Donald is flying himself, his friend and his friend’s Italian model girlfriend to Atlantic City (in the hopes of loving his buddies girlfriend) and his friend goes
“There no point in going to Atlantic City it’s full of white trash”
Italian model: “what is this ‘white trash’?”
Trump: “it’s people who are just like me... but they’re poor.”

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL in the 1st chapter of the book Donald is flying himself, his friend and his friend’s Italian model girlfriend to Atlantic City (in the hopes of loving his buddies girlfriend) and his friend goes

lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Guys the president of the United States made an internet declaration about how he was 'like, really smart' and a very stable genius. guys, GUYS

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Waiting hours on my return flight from New Years with the family to go back to my job of oppressing the proletariat protecting our freedoms and I must thank you posters for your service in propelling my balls into a stable orbit with constant lols about my boss.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

We are breaking new records for self owning.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Trump Fires Entire Council On HIV/AIDS

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-fires-hivaids-council-its-entirety-fedex-letter-report-claims-763737

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Whats canoed precious

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

hitchensgoespop posted:

Whats canoed precious

apparently its when you get a super sick headshot that splits the skull in half like a canoe

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Who What Now posted:

What would you call it?

Shot in the head? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

The president told everyone to not read a book and now it's the #1 best seller all over the world; whether the book is good or bad or ho hum, that's an undeniable, testicle detaching lol