Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Be sure to hit that Roth ira deposit now that it's January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If there's one thing I associate with mental stability, its just constantly going around and telling everyone how great you are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im the guy in his 70s bragging about his undergrad degree

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't stop laughing at "being, like really smart"

(We are all going to die)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The state of the union address is going to be top notch.

Shangri-Law School posted:

But I am fairly optimistic for the future after Trump, as long as we make it through 2020 without nuking someone.

I think we both fundamentally agree that almost regardless of what happens, outside a shooting war, the democrats will likely win a fairly resounding wave victory over '18 and '20.

That said, unless they fundamentally change what they support and who they champion, I fully expect them to give control right back to the Republicans over the following 8 years, and just hope they don't find a competent fascist to climb atop the pile.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kalli posted:

I think we both fundamentally agree that almost regardless of what happens, outside a shooting war, the democrats will likely win a fairly resounding wave victory over '18 and '20.

That said, unless they fundamentally change what they support and who they champion, I fully expect them to give control right back to the Republicans over the following 8 years, and just hope they don't find a competent fascist to climb atop the pile.

i wish predictit has 2022 congress odds because i'd bet on a red wave as soon as possible

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I remember thinking this last year, but if he feels like it he has the ability to read off a teleprompter.

We'll see if he feels like it this year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

"I'm not retarded and my hog is massive. Thank you Americans and god bless."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I remember thinking this last year, but if he feels like it he has the ability to read off a teleprompter.

Oh, I think there's some doubts about that.

That's probably my favorite rumor. That "our president is probably literate" gets to be discussed widely.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

This is pretty much exactly what will happen. I am eagerly awaiting 2023 when the DNC looks at itself hard in the mirror and realized "Aha! This time we will run a centrist platform and find bi-partisan solutions. That is sure to win!"

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

I think there is fundamental change coming to the Dems in the form of angry young progressives running for seats and doing pretty well getting them. That and every year means less Boomers voting and more of the most liberal/left generation in 100 years.

The bi-partisan centrist bullshit is not remotely popular with the soon to be largest generation of voters.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I think there is fundamental change coming to the Dems in the form of angry young progressives running for seats and doing pretty well getting them. That and every year means less Boomers voting and more of the most liberal/left generation in 100 years.

The bi-partisan centrist bullshit is not remotely popular with the soon to be largest generation of voters.

ehh, i live in arizona and i'll believe it when i see it. there's democrat hotbeds here and you can blame it on gerrymandering but it's not the purple state that outsiders are hoping for.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i got some steak ums and i browned them and sliced them up and put in some peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic and worchestershire sauce and it's in the oven to get the pepperjack cheese to melt

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Primary every Democrat opposed to single payer or Medicare for all

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

hifi posted:

ehh, i live in arizona and i'll believe it when i see it. there's democrat hotbeds here and you can blame it on gerrymandering but it's not the purple state that outsiders are hoping for.

As you should with all things. I think that assuming everything will stay the same is dangerous and *gestures to everything since 2016* hopelessly inaccurate which the cynics, myself included, tend to fall back on. The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is the Democratic party in 2022 will not be the same party from 2010 or 2016, not even close. There are some very positive signs and some intriguing indicators that some larger change is coming down the pipe.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 6, 2018

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

remember that feeling we had after 2008

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

remember that feeling we had after 2008

This wasn't wrong, we just didn't realize the olds had one last hateful, vengeful push left in them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

I can't stop laughing at "being, like really smart"

(We are all going to die)

https://twitter.com/mindykaling/status/949674637847273472

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

This wasn't wrong, we just didn't realize the olds had one last hateful, vengeful push left in them.

The book was early and our generation didn't really have something to rally around/for with any consistency. If anyone thinks this is still a problem then I've got the past 4 months of election returns to talk about.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Are you guys watching agents of shield because god drat it is a good show now
God I laughed pretty hard when Howard from Better Call Saul showed up as a decadent Space Roman

Also speaking of decadent Romans its amazing how even loving Caligula and Nero would be more competent than Trump

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The DNC's centrism problem is not because they're stupid, it's because they're trying to appease all the people that actually give them money and that they want to work for later.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shangri-Law School posted:

A lame duck with nuclear weapons. We still wouldn't have enough votes to impeach.

But I am fairly optimistic for the future after Trump, as long as we make it through 2020 without nuking someone.

If it helps, while Trump has made nuclear war more likely, he still hasn't made it likely

There is, Trump withstanding, way more institutional and global boundaries to firing missiles at NK and vice-versa than there is for them to happen

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

achillesforever6 posted:

God I laughed pretty hard when Howard from Better Call Saul showed up as a decadent Space Roman

Also speaking of decadent Romans its amazing how even loving Caligula and Nero would be more competent than Trump

I'm so far behind. I'm assuming they're heavily touched on the Kree?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The DNC's centrism problem is not because they're stupid, it's because they're trying to appease all the people that actually give them money and that they want to work for later.

They chase polls rather than principles

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

Primary every Democrat opposed to universal health care

Fixed that for you.

As you should with all things. I think that assuming everything will stay the same is dangerous and *gestures to everything since 2016* hopelessly inaccurate which the cynics, myself included, tend to fall back on. The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is the Democratic party in 2022 will not be the same party from 2010 or 2016, not even close. There are some very positive signs and some intriguing indicators that some larger change is coming down the pipe.

Yeah, even between 2010 and 2016 it changed a whole lot, mostly because the Blue Dogs got replaced with Republicans. Joe Manchin would have been a median Democrat and now he's the most conservative one.

It still astounds me that less than a decade ago North Dakota, Arkansas and West Virginia were all blue in the Senate.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The book was early and our generation didn't really have something to rally around/for with any consistency. If anyone thinks this is still a problem then I've got the past 4 months of election returns to talk about.

We’ll all remember this.

In other news watch this all

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/949747462465470464

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FizFashizzle posted:

We’ll all remember this.

i've died and gone to heaven

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There’s something wrong with y’all

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

We’ll all remember this.

Was not expecting that plot twist. Holy poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxFfxTZA6ao

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

We’ll all remember this.

Nature finds a way.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Or this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1VyQipO4miw

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

FizFashizzle posted:

We’ll all remember this.

Nooooooooooooo....Hoss!!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Poor squirrel :smith:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Squirrels are noisy rats with better PR, gently caress ‘em all.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
♪The circle of life♪

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Squirrel might come out alive if they find the cat.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

pubic works project posted:

Nooooooooooooo....Hoss!!!!

Show that in TFR and you will have someone talking about murdering cats.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Squirrels are noisy rats with better PR, gently caress ‘em all.

rats are good and cute though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Strongly agree. Remember that New York rat that ate the pizza? He was pretty cool.

Ehud posted:

I just started using Betterment for retirement saving. It's retirement for lazy idiots.

Word? I've heard about them helping direct your money to less evil places, which is appealing. Plus, I'm the laziest idiot. Have you liked them?