Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They were gonna get rolled in Pittsburgh or NE next week.

This just guarantees that Alex Smith is gone and god willing, Bob Sutton is fired.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nice to know I don't have to be disappointed next Sunday at least

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

lmao

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
lol

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/949833205066162176

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hGXVCcSh0g

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Someone needs to shop Gruden showing his cell phone with his account balance on it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://streamable.com/93xj5

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I was at work yesterday and saw the game for a little bit during my lunch break and was after the half and was 21-3 and went yep this game is over. 8 hours later and see the score and died laughing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd been avoiding this thread. Now I know why.

:suicide:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'd been avoiding this thread. Now I know why.

:suicide:
You can't help but laugh.

I'm just glad this strongly closes the book on Alex Smith foe good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yep. The villagers are restless and demand blood and I think Alex is the first to fall and Sutton the second.

People saying Eric Biennemy is in line to be OC and I kind of hate that. The only experience he has was at Colorado and they were abysmal during that time.

Dee Ford is going to need to figure something else out, too. Cutting him saves 8.1m and zero dead money. We kind of need him though. Houston should restructure too.

DJ I'll miss you my man. Hali...not so much.

Reggie Ragland was the trade of the year. A 2019 7th rounder for the guy who led us in tackling Saturday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

You should miss Hali too, it isn't his fault Dorsey signed him to a ridiculous contract when he was already mostly done. He was the lone bright spot as far as pass rushing goes on defense for a few years there.

DJ apparently wants to coach I remember reading last year, I wonder if they'll find a place for him on the staff.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hali pissed me off calling out a bunch of people for not going to volunteer workouts and then missing drat near the whole season with his broke rear end. I'm over him.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Yep. The villagers are restless and demand blood and I think Alex is the first to fall and Sutton the second.

People saying Eric Biennemy is in line to be OC and I kind of hate that. The only experience he has was at Colorado and they were abysmal during that time.

Dee Ford is going to need to figure something else out, too. Cutting him saves 8.1m and zero dead money. We kind of need him though. Houston should restructure too.

Reggie Ragland was the trade of the year. A 2019 7th rounder for the guy who led us in tackling Saturday.
Was actually a 4th rounder, but still a bargain.

I don't think the OC matters because realistically it will still be Reid. Problem right now is they are too thin with candidates since Chilly retired. I anticipate he's going to load up with a fresh set of assistants this year, including Vick.

Ford and Hali are absolutely gone. DJ might return at a much lower amount.

Think it's a 50/50 on Allen Bailey and Ron Parker.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just went back and listened to the podcast I heard this morning and sure enough they erroneously said Ragland was a 7th rounder, but you are right.

Still though man what a find.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I wish Reggie Mckenzie valued Linebackers instead of pulling people off the street and sticking them in the system.

Like you bring in Navarro Bowman and he instantly becomes one of the best defensive players just in time to let his contract expire and draft a CB with baggage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I really hope we sign Tre Boston to a new deal

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I think something will get done with Boston. He has flaws but he did a lot of good things for the Chargers last season and i'd like for him to come back. I do hope they give Gus a new contract; this is easily the best D the Chargers have had in a decade and they're a lot of fun to watch.

Funny thing about the division is that the Chiefs and Raiders have the same needs the Chargers do. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think 2018 can finally be the Chargers year if they do everything right. If not, it'll be the Raiders year.

KC will take a step back before they go forward.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers mostly just need a DT who can hold his ground against the run, basically. They could use another LB (and SS because Addae generally sucks) but DT is their biggest need because none of the guys on the roster can really hold up there. Mebane is old as hell and isn't long for the roster, Liuget is just ok at this point and Philon has been solid but he isn't quite there yet. Plus anybody that can give an interior pass rush makes Bosa/Ingram's lives easier.

They could use a brusier RB to finish off drives too, but that's asking for a bit much. They made big strides this season but still have some work to do.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Chargers mostly just need a DT who can hold his ground against the run, basically. They could use another LB (and SS because Addae generally sucks) but DT is their biggest need because none of the guys on the roster can really hold up there. Mebane is old as hell and isn't long for the roster, Liuget is just ok at this point and Philon has been solid but he isn't quite there yet. Plus anybody that can give an interior pass rush makes Bosa/Ingram's lives easier.

They could use a brusier RB to finish off drives too, but that's asking for a bit much. They made big strides this season but still have some work to do.

I really really like Damion Square

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't exactly know why, but I just don't like Melvin Gordon. I think the Chargers could use someone like Nick Chubb to really push that Offense forward.

Getting Lamp in the line up will be a nice boost.

Defensively they need to really keep Gus Bradley and it doesn't seem likely? Player wise they need a bit more talent at LB and a pocket collapser inside.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Supposedly there's mutual interest between him and the Seahawks in reuniting, since he was only on a 1-year deal here. I really want the Chargers to work something out because they made huge strides on defense this year. My guess if they can't, Ron Milius (the DB coach) will take over as the DC. I don't know much, other than our CBs were pretty great last year without Verrett.

Melvin.. the thing with him is that he's a jack of all trades back who isn't great at any one thing. He's a capable runner who has an irritating habit of not hitting a hole decisively enough (in fairness, the Chargers' o-line wasn't very good at run blocking last year. That being said, there were opportunities to be had there if a more decisive back was present) and he's a very good receiver in space. He made some strides as a pass blocker last year but still has work to do. (KC absolutely worked him in blitz pickup during the game at Arrowhead) I'd say he's about as good of a player as Ryan Mathews was, basically - he's not as strong of a runner but he's better in the passing game and doesn't have as bad of a fumbling habit as Mathews did at times. Ekeler emerged as a good receiving back as well last year so a power guy who can grind out tough yards in the redzone and late in games would be ideal. The Chargers haven't really had anybody like that since Mike Tolbert left.

a neat cape posted:

I really really like Damion Square

Square's a nice rotational guy but i'm iffy on starting him for extended stretches. He has definitely done some good things for the Bolts in the past though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/950813507301330944

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Whoops!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. But I was certainly wrong.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Does this mean Tarik Cohen will go another year getting like 2 looks a game

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
this is very similar to a few years ago

Chiefs lose to Pats in divisional round, 4th quarter Chiefs playcalling (the last drive in particular) is heavily scrutinized for being poo poo
Chiefs OC gets a new job (Doug P to Philly)
Philly fans freak out because Doug P says he called the plays in the game

I think Nagy will do good in Chicago

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/950825886865022976

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Durkin/status/950831306497146880

:allears: get em Richie

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He should be the first one in and last one out. And Ditch that ridiculous eye liner

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

No Butt Stuff posted:

He should be the first one in and last one out. And Ditch that ridiculous eye liner

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm glad all the Chargers have to worry about is the Chiefs next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

That's a bad opinion

• Locked thread