Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Sunless Sea

Read Black Wombats Sunless Sea LP. Sunless Sea is pretty good but it'd probably be better if you don't have to play half of it.

:siren: WE BACK :siren:

Kingsway

Kingsway is the #1 operating system for daily tasks such as skeleton smashing and loot-organizing. Trouble sorting through all your potions and swords? Don't worry! Kingsway can help you manage, and with an easy to use interface you'll have time leftover for a peaceful stroll through the underworld.

99 Levels to Hell
99 Levels to Hell is a platform shooter with lots of guns, upgrades, magic, traps and monsters to kill. But best of all you get to kill the devil to a killer metal soundtrack!

Chronicon
Use the magical device known as the Chronicon to travel into the souls and memories of fallen heroes to re-live their grand tales! Epic adventures full of loot and monsters await!

Poll closes at midnight MST on Sunday like always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Kingsway

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Kingsway all the way.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
I'm gonna vote for 99 Levels to Hell, but I'm also quite curious about Kingsway.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Kingsway

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Kingsway

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Kingsway, just watched a run of that by Smight. The game is fuckin sweet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Kingsway.

Also Chronikon reminds me of omikron and that's bad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sunless Sea can get awfully poetic at times, can't it?

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Kingsway (1/3)

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

:siren: NEXT GAME :siren:

Leap of Fate
Leap of Fate is a furiously-paced cyberpunk roguelite about overcoming your fears and achieving your fate. In a New York City where magic is real, you play as a technomage who must develop unspeakable powers to confront the Crucible of Fates. Can you survive the trials?

Bunker Punks
Shoot, Loot, Build and Recruit! Bunker Punks is a roguelike first-person shooter set in a dystopian future. Control a group of revolutionaries, raiding corporate strongholds for supplies, weapons and armor. Customize your bunker, strengthen your gang and overthrow the corporate government.

Enlightenment
In Enlightenment, you play in a roguelike action-shooter with a fast-paced challenging journey deep into a underground complex called "the Ark". Players will be tested by large varieties of enemies in a procedurally-generated dungeon, and become stronger by learning from the inevitable deaths.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Having never heard of it but it sounding awesome, I'm definitely voting Bunker Punks.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I really like the aesthetics of Kingsway, kinda interesting game.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I feel bad for voting on Kingsway after seeing those moving windows, the whole thing looks annoying as hell. It really nails the Windows 95 aesthetic though.

I'm most interested in Bunker Punks, but Leap of Fate is the only one that isn't early access, so it has my vote.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Kingsway gets the old Windows feel down pat. I guess maybe there are too many colors for 3.1 but it and 95 are obvious inspirations. The moving windows are not super great but removing that mechanic would probably remove all tension from combat and traps, not to mention it makes it a bit easier to spot traps and re-find combat windows in the horrible event one got hidden.

Bunker Punks because that sounds interesting even if it's Early Access.

Third Mission
Feb 18, 2011

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
putting in my vote for Leap of Fate

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Leap of Fate, because it sounds like exactly the kind of game that would eat a month of my friend's life if it's good.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Leap of Fate
Because Bunker Punk is boring. Maybe Enlightenment, but... Later.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
:siren: Update: Kingsway Part 2: Secret of the Ooze :siren:

the littlest prince posted:

I feel bad for voting on Kingsway after seeing those moving windows, the whole thing looks annoying as hell. It really nails the Windows 95 aesthetic though.
The moving and pop-up windows aren't as bad as they seem. As noted by Ignatius, without the wiggling windows combat would be pretty dull. It does effect actual fighter classes more though, most of the Mage spells have such small cooldown times you can mash the attack button like 10 times before stuff starts moving around on you.

The bandit enemy that hides his combat window like 10 times in a row can go gently caress himself though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Didn't you say Vigilance was a good skill in the first video? Did you just pass over that because you forgot you wanted it or because it's actually not good?

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Vigilance isn't really that good compared to most everything else you can spend points on.
Also, feed your drat Unique item to the monolith already. Then you have to feed it a blue item to actually activate the monolith.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
pbug why you selling every thing to get a wand if you want to use sword? why you levelling up apocalypse if you could improve wand or sword mastery huh

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Didn't you say Vigilance was a good skill in the first video? Did you just pass over that because you forgot you wanted it or because it's actually not good?
Vigilance is a good starter skill if you're not casting spells. It makes your first X number of attacks really fast and helps if you're a melee class. But as a Wizard spells are already hella fast and you're always better off spending skill points on magic.

Atomikus posted:

Also, feed your drat Unique item to the monolith already. Then you have to feed it a blue item to actually activate the monolith.

Bozart posted:

pbug why you selling every thing to get a wand if you want to use sword? why you levelling up apocalypse if you could improve wand or sword mastery huh
:negative:

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
:siren: UPDATE: Kingsway Part 3: Return of the Kingsway :siren:

merry christmas ya filthy animals

Next game is Leap of Fate, and maybe something special for new years?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, what is with all these indie games and turning you into the next last boss? I mean, I suppose that's an easy way to get replayability.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I think I haven't seen in suggested yet, but Heat Signature is awesome and good for short runs if you're looking for more stuff to play.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Glazius posted:

Man, what is with all these indie games and turning you into the next last boss? I mean, I suppose that's an easy way to get replayability.

Which ones do that? So far 'Let it die' on PS4 is the only one I've played that does that.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fat Samurai posted:

I think I haven't seen in suggested yet, but Heat Signature is awesome and good for short runs if you're looking for more stuff to play.

Oh man yeah, if you don't play Heat Signature you're missing out on one of the best games released this year.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Thanks for doing this thread OP, it convinced me not to get Dungeon Souls and get Monolith and Caves of Qud instead.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

This thread ended up with me finding out that Cryptark is really hard and Pbug makes it look very easy.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Leap of Fate (1/4)

I like this game so I'll get around to the other 3 characters eventually.

:siren: GAMES :siren:

Pick one!

Verticle Drop Heroes HD
Vertical Drop Heroes is a procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements, where your hero adventures through randomly generated stages. Armed with a variety of skills and traits, you must use your cunning and reflexes to survive the dangers of each stage.

Moon Hunters
Play alone or with friends! A co-op personality test about exploring an ancient, occult world in 5 days. How will you be remembered?

Ruin of the Reckless
Ruin of the Reckless is a breakneck-paced, melee-focused roguelike brawler with very light persistent progression elements and a punishing difficulty curve. Play with a friend!

Captain Foo posted:

This thread ended up with me finding out that Cryptark is really hard and Pbug makes it look very easy.
It's good to be good at one video game.

Dreadwroth posted:

Oh man yeah, if you don't play Heat Signature you're missing out on one of the best games released this year.
I actually picked it up the other day! It's on the list, but it looks cool so I might play it for myself sooner than for the LP.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Party Bug posted:

Verticle Drop Heroes HD

This looks kind of like Steamworld Dig which is a good game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I love heat signature

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Voting for Moon Hunters because if we don't take down the moon, who will?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Moon Hunters without a doubt

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

the littlest prince posted:

This looks kind of like Steamworld Dig which is a good game.

No offense but it looks about as much like Steamworld Dig as Ruin of the Reckless looks like Hyper Light Drifter. They might still be okay games in spite of the resemblance being kinda superficial but this round I'm going with the bandwagon. Moon Hunters it is.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
I always like seeing the games I've never heard of so I guess I'll vote for Vertical Drop Heroes. This thread has been very entertaining so far, I'm fascinated to see how many weird games that fall under the "roguelite" umbrella.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
A moon hunter must moon hoont

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Moon Hunters

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT

Moon Hunters

when the moon is in the seventh house

:siren: LIGHTNING ROUND :siren:

Voting lasts for today!

STRAFE
STRAFEŽ is the worlds bloodiest roguelike first-person shooter! Featuring mind melting secrets and persistent gore that allows you to paint levels red with the excessive entrails of your enemies. 30+ weapons, 20+ enemies, & a red hot soundtrack.

Legend of Dungeon

Legend of Dungeon is a randomly generated action RPG Beat'em'up with heavy Rogue-like elements, striking visuals, and dynamic music.

Just Get Through
Just Get Through is a randomly generated platformer with roguelike elements. Featuring a destructible environment, sandbox mode, user-created levels, various gamemodes, hardcore mode, color palettes, deadly traps, explosions and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I hope I can Just Get Through this pinched nerve in my back.