Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Just put a drat pot over their head and you can take whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Grem posted:

Just put a drat pot over their head and you can take whatever you want.

:stare:

How did I never try this?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

:stare:

How did I never try this?

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
That was patched out.

https://i.imgur.com/Eq6NXOk.mp4

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 6, 2018

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Thesoldier posted:

So yes idiots turn misdemeanor theft into a Felony robbery all the time.

Not a very nice thing to say about your legislators.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah can't you just kill the merchant and escape without being seen by the local guards chickens?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

But I was only there for 5 minutes v:shobon:v

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Someone needs to straighten up their regulation-issued bathrobe...

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Just FYI I didn't forget about you I'm just still working on a comeback. It's gonna melt your face.

E; ok I got it.

Yo dawg, how many years before you're making enough money at NYPD to not be sharing a studio apartment with 5 other probies?

http://work.chron.com/salary-rookie-cop-nypd-2215.html

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
How realistic is the movie Bright when it comes to policing in L.A.?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Reign Of Pain posted:

How realistic is the movie Bright when it comes to policing in L.A.?

The LAPD isn't that tolerant of orcs in real life.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Last weekend on the job, for now, and I ended up with three self initiated arrests. Two for fleeing a traffic stop (a bunch of MDMA in the car) and one who was freaking out in a gas station, methed out with warrants from the parish.

A good way to cap off being a cop. So long, Louisiana.

Assuming I survive a year overseas without Korean War II kicking off, I'll try for my local sheriff's office in Colorado.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Good news for Whip, Lena Dunham is single

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Good news for Whip, Lena Dunham is single

Why is it good news for whip? Is he finally a post op tranny lesbian now?

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
Happy LEAD, you brave sheepdogs and defenders!

:wave: ;-*

https://www.nationalcops.org/lead.html

If you have some vacation time, take a day off and go be appreciated.

If you're out of vacation time, go shoot a black youth!

:neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard:

e: https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/950784439872663553

lmbo

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 9, 2018

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I have a relation going to take their civil service exam soon and I have a couple quick questions. Are they area specific and are there any good/prefered study guides out there?

Thanks.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
That dude really is one ugly broad

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
:eyepop:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Reign Of Pain posted:

That dude really is one ugly broad

I see you prefer posting with your monitor off

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

DUNSON'D

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

bird cooch posted:

I have a relation going to take their civil service exam soon and I have a couple quick questions. Are they area specific and are there any good/prefered study guides out there?

Thanks.

There is no one singular test. Each department does their own thing. Some agencies contract it out to companies that only do civil service tests, and some of them have study guides and practice exams available.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

bird cooch posted:

Thanks.

This is one of the only occasions where I would actively refer someone to O.com, you can usually find state/department specific threads with good resources to prep for exams. Just make sure, whatever you do, to NEVER stray into any other part of that forum, it's a giant cesspool of poo poo populated by both WOLF HUNTERS and THIN YELLOW LINE TOTALLY ABOUT TO GO TO ACADEMY YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE I'LL BE A DETECTIVE MY FIRST WEEK :bustem: types who just feed off each others progressively crazier poo poo.

Other than that, and again, depending on the test, logic puzzles and memory tests are pretty good exercise. A lot of the exams I took included sections that involved looking at a picture for 5 minutes then take the picture away and have you answer a bunch of questions about the picture from memory. They'd also have sections where you read the report about X event and then they ask you indirect or trick questions about it that require you to be able to infer and pick out details or discrepancies. If you can find any college prep/placement critical thinking tests they'd be good to study. It's also handy to do some grammar/spelling prep, a lot of them have writing comprehension sections that quiz on those since, presumably, they'd be spending a lot of time writing out statements/paperwork.

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 10, 2018

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I've been waiting for a take home vehicle for about 6 months now. I was just informed today that I may finally be getting one.

It's a pimped out conversion van... awwwww yeah. :cool:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

Why? Do you think he's pretty?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
come on you pussies :getin:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3832675&perpage=40&pagenumber=90#post480140295

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Thanks guys. I dug it some info and passed it on. Wishing her luck at the end of the month for Denton PD.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Is this the new cops on the beat thread?

e: holy lol it sure is

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 11, 2018

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

There are no statistics on the number of officers canned during probation are there? I mean holy gently caress I know departments that poo poo can nearly 50% of their new hires. That thread gave me cancer after reading one page.

But I learned that I guess I can murder people at will now. That's cool.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

The Shep posted:

There are no statistics on the number of officers canned during probation are there? I mean holy gently caress I know departments that poo poo can nearly 50% of their new hires. That thread gave me cancer after reading one page.

But I learned that I guess I can murder people at will now. That's cool.

lol just lol if you didn't already know this.

Lol ur getting shitted on in that thread

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 11, 2018

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

10 weeks after I ordered them, and literally the day before I turn in my badge and gear, my backordered winter uniforms arrived.

This had better be the best drat jacket in the world, because I'm only going to wear it for one shift.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Arc Light posted:

10 weeks after I ordered them, and literally the day before I turn in my badge and gear, my backordered winter uniforms arrived.

This had better be the best drat jacket in the world, because I'm only going to wear it for one shift.

Jacket gonna get shot and killed just before it retires

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

I need this guy to go to my neighbors house

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Are motorcycle cops cool guys, or does everyone else hate them and make fun of them?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Are motorcycle cops cool guys, or does everyone else hate them and make fun of them?

Depends - so they style themselves after the motor cops on the TV show CHiPs? Or the ones in Magnum Force?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

you already know the truth in your heart

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Besides the gun, is there a real difference between them and meter maids?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I guess they can’t exactly arrest people can they lol.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I guess they can’t exactly arrest people can they lol.

You're going downtown, punk. Now sit in my lap.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Motors are the worst; their whole purpose is ticket writing so if you ever get pulled over by one expect no mercy... I’ve never gotten a ticket from one fwiw but I did inadvertently elude one that tried to pull me over- he didn’t have his lights on yet but he was coming for me, I made a left turn to get home and he got stuck waiting for traffic to clear. I turned onto my street, and into my driveway, was walking in with a box of diapers and he slow rolled past my house and glared at me.

I worked at a PD years ago that had a substantial motors crew on days only and I just remember they all had high and tights and their boots were really shiny and high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

The only motor cop I had to interact with on a professional level was a dickbag, fwiw.