Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the super metroid race where everyone but the guy who'd been in last place the whole time died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

axeil posted:

The 8 hour FFVII run which sounds insane but was awesome

I can't believe how interesting and informative that was the whole way through. The Materia Keeper strat blew my mind hole. (If you didn't see They manipulate the mechanic where, if you have 7777 health, you deal 7777 damage with each attack. So they poisoned and healed Materia Keeper, until it hit 7777hp, and did 7777 self-inflicted poison damage to itself)

Also the undertale segment had some incredibly good vibes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't even like Silent Hill and I'm tempted by the "So it was all your work!" design.

I'm definitely getting the Bubsy shirt, though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm about to go to sleep and when I wake up it will be the start of AGDQ...guys I can't wait :):):):):): ):

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nice work so far everyone but I need you all to get your numbers up.

these are rookie numbers. let's try really hard tomorrow, boys and girls. speedruns. I cannot wait. Waiting is the rust of the soul.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gotta enjoy being in the top 5 posters while i can, that's definitely not lasting for me this year

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I've never been top three at anything in my life! :swoon:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Lobster posted:

I've never been top three at anything in my life! :swoon:

u are in my heart

...but tbh I didn't care for most of Korra that much except for all of Season 3 which was like unbelievably good and on par with OG TLA

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

beep by grandpa posted:

Hahaha omg I remember the gundam chat, does anyone even remember how that started?

I brought up the fact that Duo and Protoman were voiced by the same guy.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

beep by grandpa posted:

Guys what are some more of your favorite GDQ memories :allears:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

* Sinister's blindfolded MTPO.
* Big Jon's eggroll song.
* Hug that goat.
* Wondershot.
* AGDQ 2014's "WTF Japan" block with the utter gloriousness that is Power Shovel and Mr. Domino.
* Blueglass (YSG) running Ecco.
* Bonesaw's Wild Ride.
* PJ and Mecharicter running Battleblock Theater with the devs on Skype, watching.

PJ: "*clips through a wall* TADA!"
Dev: "... You can't do that! You're a cheater!"

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

beep by grandpa posted:

Guys what are some more of your favorite GDQ memories :allears:

I've got a couple but I want to be nice and let my friends have a turn cause y'all know me I'm a yapper and a storyteller

This is kind of weirdly personal but during this last SDGQ all the cuck jokes during Stiv's run not only were funny but they helped me laugh through the fact that my significant other at the time was clearly falling for someone else. It didn't work out for me in the end, and so it's good that I was able to have some laughs as that was a stressful time.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

beep by grandpa posted:

u are in my heart

...but tbh I didn't care for most of Korra that much except for all of Season 3 which was like unbelievably good and on par with OG TLA

Nobody recognizes my avatar. Wow.

OG ATLA is my favorite show of all time, but S3/S4 Korra is pretty tight. Needless to say I'm a massive Korrasami shipper.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Other great memories I've had with past GDQs include PJ's entire Lagoon run a couple years back, the first time they made $1 million, the Blaster Master run where everyone was in awe when a boss didn't spawn and the runner just got the item. Every awful games block, especially people in these threads reacting to the end of that godawful Rocky and Bullwinkle game.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

grand theft grotto posted:

This is kind of weirdly personal but during this last SDGQ all the cuck jokes during Stiv's run not only were funny but they helped me laugh through the fact that my significant other at the time was clearly falling for someone else. It didn't work out for me in the end, and so it's good that I was able to have some laughs as that was a stressful time.

drat, that's rough buddy

glad you're out of that situation

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

gotta enjoy being in the top 5 posters while i can, that's definitely not lasting for me this year

Well, not with that attitude you won't.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

AUS DEM WEG!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Azathoth256 posted:

Well, not with that attitude you won't.

i have to work 3 days this week, i won't be able to keep up with the neets who can post all day and night!!

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i have to work 3 days this week, i won't be able to keep up with the neets who can post all day and night!!

It's an uphill battle, but it depends on how much you shitpost while you're here.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll be a piece of poo poo since I only have work after the 15th, so I won't even feel all that guilty about posting a lot and probably not sleeping enough.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

I'd post more but I'm too busy trying to finish my Bloodborne run before the marathon reaches it.

also my life has taken some big steps since last thread :)

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I hold SGDQ 2015 in my heart because it had a bunch of great runs and I had a bunch of good posts in that thread, like the one during the Pokemon glitched catch them all run where I pointed out how much it resembled magic.

Also last SGDQ I unlocked my shitpost limiter and just had a good old time chatting.

Looking forward to the fun conversations we'll have this year.

The Lobster posted:

Nobody recognizes my avatar. Wow.

I recognise it :)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Seeing the event starts with Crash Bandicoot 3 just reminds me of that awful run of 2 and how running a game in that series must feel relatively low pressure because you can't possibly be worse than that run.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Doc Hawkins posted:

Gosh, guess we'll all just have to keep quoting this one post then.

Real talk though would it be annoying if I posted Eli's address every so often? He really does love getting cards from all over, it's kind of his thing. He's received tens of thousands since he was diagnosed.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zeikier posted:

I'd post more but I'm too busy trying to finish my Bloodborne run before the marathon reaches it.

i might have to skip the botw finale since it's all main quests and i haven't beaten it yet :(

(oooooor i marathon it all week to beat it in time and go crazy in the process)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
IMO the main quest of BOTW is such a minute amount of the appealing content in the game that having it spoiled is unlikely to make the game less fun, but it's understandable if you want the joy of discovering everything on your own.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm a dumb baby who actually kinda cares about the story from what i've seen so far

like, i know there's not gonna be some super interesting twists or deep poo poo but i like a lot of the characters and that can sell me on a story a lot

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

grand theft grotto posted:

Seeing the event starts with Crash Bandicoot 3 just reminds me of that awful run of 2 and how running a game in that series must feel relatively low pressure because you can't possibly be worse than that run.

was that the guy who purposely softlocked his game and talked about killing himself

because boy that was a bad run

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The failed menuing in SotN blindfolded is one of my favorite things ever.

Also anytime anyone says "Hey, Brossentia."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Lobster posted:

Real talk though would it be annoying if I posted Eli's address every so often? He really does love getting cards from all over, it's kind of his thing. He's received tens of thousands since he was diagnosed.

Oh, no, please do. I'll need a reminder because I also have to figure out how the gently caress you do international shipping for postcards because I never sent one by itself from here.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

was that the guy who purposely softlocked his game and talked about killing himself

because boy that was a bad run
He also talked about killing everyone like a school shooter or something else hosed up like that

ullerrm posted:

* Sinister's blindfolded MTPO.
This and also Zallard's blindfolded SPO run with the accidental frame-perfect counterpunch

edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSr3aXd4XuQ

29:00 for the Nick fight

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 7, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dias posted:

Naruto and Pikachu's Quest for the Car Keys was great, Animorphs was a mindfuck, PJ's torch-only-ish run of SGnG was hilarious, Half's little speech about not being limited by your limitations was very heartwarming and T E R R O R I N S T I N C T was an event the first time around.

The Super Mario RPG from SGDQ 16 was really really nice and wonderful and was a great counter weight to Naruto and Pikachu as my two favorite runs ever.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

fuckin love GDQ season, last year's AGDQ will be hard to top but hope this one is great

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Dias posted:

Oh, no, please do. I'll need a reminder because I also have to figure out how the gently caress you do international shipping for postcards because I never sent one by itself from here.

:swoon:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gdq

gdq

gdq

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Just sent you a PM

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I have a pretty lovely memory but this run from the first games done quick I ever watched always stands out in my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFBVqgOgGAQ

It's Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden from AGDQ 2014

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

J33uk posted:

Just sent you a PM

Got it and replied!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

TheMopeSquad posted:

I have a pretty lovely memory but this run from the first games done quick I ever watched always stands out in my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFBVqgOgGAQ

It's Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden from AGDQ 2014

The pizza gag is always funny to me.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
If you didn't vote for Funky Kong I don't know if we can be friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePekweh-3vo

:colbert:

Anyway I look forward to soft locks and huge donations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Challenge: try to watch this w/o getting a legit lump in your throat. you wont bitch.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...eal.+all+of+it.

(I synced it up this way on purpose cause it was literally the song that was playing as they crossed over but all the VODs have the music stripped out and it *could not* have been more fitting :cry: )

• Locked thread