Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

As I understand chat during a twitch stream, we're supposed to constantly spam pictures of a dog, right?

oh man they've got a little gamer buddy! GOOD DOG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

As I understand chat during a twitch stream, we're supposed to constantly spam pictures of a dog, right?

drat this dog rules

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
FranklinZed

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

beep by grandpa posted:

I post about it every year but I still don't understand why anyone reads twitch chat! I'm not even the type that gets offended at anything but there is just zero value in it and it's literally unreadable cause of the speed and it's a race to the bottom as far as trying to be obnoxious so why bother! Hang in here with us instead! :)

I don't get it either and I also think the emote spamming is awful especially because the Twitch emotes are also all awful.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

eonwe posted:

I will tell you that I watched dark souls runs before I played dark souls, and it definitely did not help me know how to beat the bosses. lmao

The best part (sorta) of beating a Souls boss is thinking they don't have ways to play into their attacks but then learning you can. That's a satisfying click.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

eonwe posted:

I just download the Twitch5 firefox/chrome extension. Works as well as livestreamer, 0 ads, and you can just maximize it. No twittch chat

I probably will do this cause I'm apparently illiterate with anything on the streamlink wiki. I do appreciate everyone giving advice! Less than a minute till it starts!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

thank you friend, even I, a complete idiot, managed to get this working now

it's starting omg!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lllllllllllllllllllladies and gentlemen, now for your MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING!!!!!!!!!!

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Happy new yeaar!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
IT BEGINS

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

<bruce buffer voice>

IIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's TIIIIIIIIIIIME!!!!!!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Lllllllllllllllllllladies and gentlemen, now for your MAIN EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it begins

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

grand theft grotto posted:

I don't get it either and I also think the emote spamming is awful especially because the Twitch emotes are also all awful.

I thought that too until I saw someone had a broken image icon emote

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

WE IN THERE BOYS :vince:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drat, huge shade thrown at sgdq

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

jimmydalad posted:

I probably will do this cause I'm apparently illiterate with anything on the streamlink wiki. I do appreciate everyone giving advice! Less than a minute till it starts!

What tripped me up is you need to install both the base streamlink thing AND the twitch gui. I spent about 10 minutes wondering why just the Twitch gui install wasn't working.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
LET ME TELL YOU WHAT I THINK ABOUT RACES

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gettin hype

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I am getting old because that status bar at the bottom is tiny

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Wooo! Time for the new year to officially begin!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I want to live in Spike's hair

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

GOON AFTERNOON!

I just woke up and went straight to my PC. I'm already entranced.

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:
im redy

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Always nice to start with SpikeVegeta and PMG, they've both been such great contributors to these events over the years.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

As much as I like Spike and PMG and such, the talky non speedrunny bits are my least favorite part.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Darkoni posted:

What tripped me up is you need to install both the base streamlink thing AND the twitch gui. I spent about 10 minutes wondering why just the Twitch gui install wasn't working.

I've got them both installed on GitHub, but now I don't know what to do with it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just hooked up a "new" monitor for this (used but very good, needed to replace my poor dying secondary) and I'm glad I did.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I was gonna joke about someone training for the Mega Man X race by just doing a bunch of actual physical training but Caleb probably did that in the past.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Lobster posted:

Serious time guys. My friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer. He loves getting cards from all around the world, it's his "thing." Please draw a poop emoji on it, that will make him even happier! I'm going to be posting this every so often throughout the week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
RIP Trihex

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ugh the MMX race happens a half hour before Ieave work

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

I have purchased my Mastermind shirt from Yetee, time to watch this fun as hell speedgame marathon.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

jimmydalad posted:

I've got them both installed on GitHub, but now I don't know what to do with it.

If both are installed then you should be able to run the twitch gui and have it work. I'm sorry I can't be much help. I barely know more than you.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

Installed... on GitHub?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The greatest relay race: ENVIRO-MAN!!!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Relay races are great

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I for one am v v hype and happy that there is a GDQ

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Super Mario no Challenge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The only race worth watching will be Athena.

• Locked thread