Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Hell, the smile is a snapchat filter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Obviously meant to be found footage and goofed.

Gotta admit, I'd be way more stoked for a ff version.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-3do2pM4pM

Can we stop with this trend of CGI anime? loving please?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Land of the Lustrous is insanely good though . . .

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deakul posted:

Can we stop with this trend of anime? loving please?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfjU-vtYA4

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Best superhero movie of 2018 incoming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqYpN1oxmg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyjTQjcyu4g

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is that hobo supposed to be Adam Strange?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just watched Sicario (Streaming on Amazon Prime!) thanks to the S2 trailer. Unless it has the same director or DP there's no way it will be half as good, but I'll still watch it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

What if we did a Gotham for Superman but shittier?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nuts and Gum posted:

Just watched Sicario (Streaming on Amazon Prime!) thanks to the S2 trailer. Unless it has the same director or DP there's no way it will be half as good, but I'll still watch it.

Yeah, I think Sheridan is a good screenwriter but making a sequel to Sicario is an incredibly stupid and bizarre move.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It’s your new favorite superhero movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6Kx8WJS78

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Best superhero movie of 2018 incoming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sqYpN1oxmg

No.

The MSJ posted:

It’s your new favorite superhero movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6Kx8WJS78

Once again: No.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean I'd rather take some family kid to see the teen titans movie than endure whatever DC/Marvel have in store when it comes to frenetic + quip-filled action in the next two years/eternity

except black panther maybe I guess

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Teen Titans Go isn't terrible.

As far as content designed for kids that doesn't make adults want to shoot their brains out.

There are a bunch of deep cuts in that show that are pretty good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
finding that show was a delightful solution for what cartoon to put on repeat all day to help babysit my lil cousins and the renewed waves of adults/teens that hate it for some reason just makes me chuckle

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I mean I'd rather take some family kid to see the teen titans movie than endure whatever DC/Marvel have in store when it comes to frenetic + quip-filled action in the next two years/eternity

except black panther maybe I guess

For real.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Take the family kid to see mother! and get a free pass out of future responsibilities.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

finding that show was a delightful solution for what cartoon to put on repeat all day to help babysit my lil cousins and the renewed waves of adults/teens that hate it for some reason just makes me chuckle
Yeah people hate it because it isn't like the bad faux anime show that is only worth watching because of Malcolm McDowell and Ron Perlman

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I was stuck in a hotel in Providence for a couple of days during that crazy March blizzard that hit New England last year.

Cartoon Network runs Teen Titans Go a shitton during weekdays. Still ended up being a better way to pass the time than most anything else that was on and available on hotel TV. Also man does that show get weird.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Cameo posted:

I was stuck in a hotel in Providence for a couple of days during that crazy March blizzard that hit New England last year.

Cartoon Network runs Teen Titans Go a shitton during weekdays. Still ended up being a better way to pass the time than most anything else that was on and available on hotel TV. Also man does that show get weird.

If you watch a marathon, you are bound to catch at least one episode where they 1) break the 4th wall, 2) make fun of the adults who hate them, or 3) has gratuitous shots of legs.

edit:
All The Money In The World not enough for you? Here's another look at the Getty kidnapping, with Danny Boyle and Donald Sutherland and 100% more Brendan Fraser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9h-llN4TY

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 11, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If my kids don’t quip they get whipped.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The MSJ posted:

If you watch a marathon, you are bound to catch at least one episode where they 1) break the 4th wall, 2) make fun of the adults who hate them, or 3) has gratuitous shots of legs.

That third one definitely happened, there was an entire episode involving calf muscles. The other two probably also happened but I don't remember them as clearly as the episode that was all about them becoming calf-powered superheroes. That and one where they became landlords for some reason.

Such an odd show.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Every clip I’ve seen has been funny. I’ve never seen a full episode and I probably won’t see the movie, but the animation and voice acting seems on point. So it’s good they’re getting a big movie and I hope it works out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Cameo posted:

That third one definitely happened, there was an entire episode involving calf muscles. The other two probably also happened but I don't remember them as clearly as the episode that was all about them becoming calf-powered superheroes. That and one where they became landlords for some reason.

Such an odd show.

The leg thing started with one episode about Raven and then became a thing they do every season. It might be a fetish thing at first but they go so over the top with it that it comes out as a ridiculous parody of sentai shows.

The landlord one comes under the second category. Some people complained that TTG was not teaching kids anything, so they made one where the Titans teach kids about investing in rental property. Since the show is basically a kid's version of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, they do this by becoming slumlords. Later they did a slightly more subtle one where Beast Boy is trying to find a spirit animal, but it's actually about how colleges cost too much nowadays.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9mcCs3dhE

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well... that trailer made me considerably less interested in the show now.
I hope it's not as goofy and over the top action packed like the trailer makes it look.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 11, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nah. That looks supremely dope. Terrible song choice, though.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Still keen, but it now looks less high concept and more action/adventure.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not that I disagree, but I can't think of a single trailer that doesn't do that. Blade Runner 2049's still tried to make it look like an action movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

feedmyleg posted:

Not that I disagree, but I can't think of a single trailer that doesn't do that. Blade Runner 2049's still tried to make it look like an action movie.

Even the ads for the Blu-Ray release do that. Still trying to trick a certain crowd of people into watching a movie they won't like.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
The books are very action-heavy too. The series does try to straddle a line between being hi-concept and lots of fuckin’ & fightin’ and this does support its general thesis that digitized consciousness will lead to humanity using and abusing themselves like never before. But dry, contemplative sci-fi it is not.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDVOt3M7OM

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Double feature this poo poo with Kidnap and you've got a deal.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

the person who sent me the link said "Get Out sequel looking good" and i wish this were true

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

so many white males going to be triggered by this

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Doorknob Slobber posted:

so many white males going to be triggered by this

You racial stereotyping white dudes as being triggered by poo poo movies now?

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Deakul posted:

Well... that trailer made me considerably less interested in the show now.
I hope it's not as goofy and over the top action packed like the trailer makes it look.

The books were very pulp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I like action

sooooo

• Locked thread