Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I bring home 2600 a month and still save 1200 of it a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

oldpainless posted:

I bring home 2600 a month and still save 1200 of it a month

More like old.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo posted:

120,000 Is easily doable after 2 incomes.

But you shouldn't have any left over, probably should be investing 30% of it. (Make it easy and get a money manager)

:hmbol:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is every goon but me working at gamestop or a professional podcaster? drat, get some skills. 60,000 a year isn't hard, and get a good partner.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bombadilillo posted:

But you shouldn't have any left over, probably should be investing 30% of it. (Make it easy and get a money manager)

There are plenty of people making that much and still have nothing left because they suck at money.
The "best" part about this post isn't that it's laughably out of touch but that you're recommending paying someone else to manage your money.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bombadilillo posted:

Is every goon but me working at gamestop or a professional podcaster? drat, get some skills. 60,000 a year isn't hard, and get a good partner.

If the past year has taught me anything it's that every smart and erudite person on the internet is poor as gently caress, and every billionaire is functionally illiterate

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT4vhl8slbE

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
What's the secret to my success? hmm well I got some skills and started making 60k/year, then I married a spouse who also makes $60k/year. Not that hard, really, feel like anybody can do it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

TO make 60000 grand a year I’d have to live in New York or something

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oldpainless posted:

TO make 60000 grand a year I’d have to live in New York or something

Loool

$120k is like west coast minimum for developers and poo poo. But the price of living is so high that the $120k doesn't go nearly as far as say $60k in Cleveland.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

Loool

$120k is like west coast minimum for developers and poo poo. But the price of living is so high that the $120k doesn't go nearly as far as say $60k in Cleveland.

120k? Holy smokes is there even that much money in the world?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Bring back sharecropping

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

:shrug: I guess that kind of income doesn't seem high to me. I am a dirty Californian though, it might just be that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

I am a Californian

My condolences

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bombadilillo posted:

:shrug: I guess that kind of income doesn't seem high to me. I am a dirty Californian though, it might just be that.

:thermidor:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I don't even make $10,000 a year. :(

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm the 6k+ monthly lifestyle

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hey, I don't have anything to say about financing, but here's a meme

https://youtu.be/4G2XlqOcMhw

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Holy poo poo Garfield without Garfield (steams hams)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bombadilillo posted:

There are plenty of people making that much and still have nothing left because they suck at money.

The 2016 nominal median income per capita was $31,099. If one or both partners has a bachelor's that goes up to $68,728. You are hilariously out of touch.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm sure a family making 30k a year is going to all own iPhones

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Boinks posted:

I'm sure a family making 30k a year is going to all own iPhones

They could have older iPhones, or ones they had before the prime income earner got fired from a good job and had to take a bad one.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Zemyla posted:

They could have older iPhones, or ones they had before the prime income earner got fired from a good job and had to take a bad one.

Or have refurbs, or been given them as gifts, or the parents saved up and that's the one birthday and Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever the kid got all year, etc. It's really not anybody's goddamn business.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

13Pandora13 posted:

The 2016 nominal median income per capita was $31,099. If one or both partners has a bachelor's that goes up to $68,728. You are hilariously out of touch.

You made me look up some statistics. 20% of households are over 100k. So that's not nobody. But drat.

I officially admit my out of touchness overall. :stare:
Need to look up California stats.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Every single thread that income/investing gets brought up in just turns instantly to turds and discussing it outside of the designated hellzone should be bannable

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Lyncanthropy is genetic, being a Frankenstein's monster isn't. The werewolf gene is clearly more commonly expressed in the male side of the family, like baldness.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fenarisk posted:

This and the VR knuckles have been my favorite memes of 2018. We're off to a great start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUCm_NFpN1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVMiE7jAJo

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Does Frankenstein's monster even produce sperm?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jamesman posted:

Does Frankenstein's monster even produce sperm?

Idk but according to a documentary I saw about Frankenstein's monster I learned they are proportionally well endowed.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Murderion posted:

Lyncanthropy is genetic, being a Frankenstein's monster isn't. The werewolf gene is clearly more commonly expressed in the male side of the family, like baldness.

Or terminal widow's peak

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I thought the kid was part vampire, like his grandpa.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

I officially admit my out of touchness overall. :stare:
Respect for this. Most people in your shoes don't.

Respect dump:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fenarisk posted:

This and the VR knuckles have been my favorite memes of 2018. We're off to a great start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUCm_NFpN1w

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

memento mori
May 4, 2008

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

So you play as an American cop in ME2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

An oldie but a goodie