Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

First 15 minutes of InnerSpace I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8J7HtXDF_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Where is Martin Short and Dennis Quad? You'd think they'd put them in the trailer or demo play.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

yeah get a nintendogs on the app store. it will sell better than FE

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FireMrshlBill posted:

Burger King did have better fries, but then they changed them and they have been awful poo poo ever since. I remember it was around the time that movie Small Soldiers came out, so according to imdb, BK fries have sucked since 1998.

They had a whole ad campaign about using real potatoes.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Sorry, I didn't clarify. Zelda is a big ol' nerd.

Personally, I’m getting a strong horse girl vibe from her.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I keep thinking Inner Space is gonna be the top-down spaceship game where you collect files on your computer

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Fast RMX is really hitting that anti-grav racer spot I've been missing for a while. It's not as floaty as Wipeout (but still moreso than FZero) and actually feels fast to me.

Though, I'd still kill for a new FZero on the Switch. I know this won't happen. :smith:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Even with my sensor, I can’t find the last drat chicken for this guy :negative:

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Even with my sensor, I can’t find the last drat chicken for this guy :negative:

I hope Zelda doesn't mind that I just spent like an entire in-game week looking for some dude's chickens. Did you find the one on the roof of the clothing shop? That was the one that I was stuck on.

I just got my Switch a few days ago and I'm in love. I made myself promise not to buy any more games until I finish Zelda and Mario but I want them all, I want all of the games.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MajorB posted:

I just got my Switch a few days ago and I'm in love. I made myself promise not to buy any more games until I finish Zelda and Mario but I want them all, I want all of the games.

This is the Switch problem.

I’m like “I should buy doom for Switch”, but I’m also like “I should finish golf story first, and the zelda dlc and Mario odyssey and sonic Mania and”

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I can't seem to keep my new switch connected to the internet and it won't download updates for games, is this a common problem with an easy solution? It downloaded a system update on the first run. Now I can connect again every time I turn it on and it says it works, but it never downloads any update or anything even though it says there is an update for odyssey.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hard reboot (hold the power button for like 8 seconds).

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

FireMrshlBill posted:

I enjoy the one or two curly fries that accidentally get mixed in normal fries, but any more than that is just too much.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MajorB posted:

I hope Zelda doesn't mind that I just spent like an entire in-game week looking for some dude's chickens.

One thing I kind of like about BOTW's story on replay is that I don't think it has the usual disconnect of saving the world on open world games. Like, everything happened 100 years ago and you need to save Zelda but it doesn't really feel very time sensitive. Just get swole at your own pace before the final battle. They've already waited 100 years they can wait for me to get these korok seeds too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I mean yeah, it did score higher than Super Mario Odyssey after all.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Pug Rodeo posted:

With motion turned off how is the aiming any different than any other shooter?

It's a different shooter. The weapons are all splooty and feel like they have no velocity by design. I just can't hit people that well.

I always feel like I have the wrong weapon as well.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

MajorB posted:

I hope Zelda doesn't mind that I just spent like an entire in-game week looking for some dude's chickens. Did you find the one on the roof of the clothing shop? That was the one that I was stuck on.

That’s what I needed! Thanks!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

empathe posted:

It's a different shooter. The weapons are all splooty and feel like they have no velocity by design. I just can't hit people that well.

That’s why you use the roller. Just go do some chill coloring, let the others fight their silly war.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

empathe posted:

Yeah literally the only other console MP shooter I can think of with no auto aim is Rainbow Six Siege and that's a vastly different style of shooter. You are definitely hindering yourself if you're playing without motion controls but I realize they can take a lot of time to get used to -- I don't own a pro controller but I almost have an easier time in handheld mode than I do playing with the joycons docked

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Regarding enter the gungeon, should I be exploring rooms more thoroughly? I'm just blasting through them at the moment but I'm not sure if I should be looking for hidden loot or stuff like that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Frankston posted:

Regarding enter the gungeon, should I be exploring rooms more thoroughly? I'm just blasting through them at the moment but I'm not sure if I should be looking for hidden loot or stuff like that.

not really. you automatically get all the moolah present in the room. while there's a few rooms with notable features (statues, shrines, fireplaces) most of them are just arbitrary shapes.

there's sometimes hidden walls that can be revealed by using a non-starter weapon; if you see cracks in the wall, blast at them with a tough gun

but yeah exploration isn't really a huge focus.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Target is doing a buy one get one free sale on Wii U games

But I should saythey're charging 45 bucks for Animal Crossing online and I found a couple copies on clearance for literally five dollars at a Target near me

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I haven't bought a Nintendo product in the last 15 years or so, so can someone explain to me what exactly Nintendo Direct is and why it doesn't have a scheduled date if it's expected to be in this month? Is it some kind of pop-up press event for announcements?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

buffbus posted:

Personally, I’m getting a strong horse girl vibe from her.

Take it outside, Mr Vice President.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ufarn posted:

I haven't bought a Nintendo product in the last 15 years or so, so can someone explain to me what exactly Nintendo Direct is and why it doesn't have a scheduled date if it's expected to be in this month? Is it some kind of pop-up press event for announcements?

They periodically have extended web videos filled with announcements telling you what games are coming out and when. They always announce them just a couple days in advance. Generally they have about four major ones a year, at the start, around Spring, at E3, and before the holidays, with several mini-directs sprinkled in that are focused on just a single title or franchise, and now usually a couple of "Nindie" events that reveal what indie games are coming out soon

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I put out the fires in the fireplace in,Enter the Gungeon and walk in. I press interact and the rumble shakes but then I have no clue what happened or what to do next.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

MajorB posted:

I'm in the same boat. Got mine a week ago and only got Zelda so I actually finish it, then I'll get Mario, then ???

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

ufarn posted:

It's an online scheduled video presentation where they announce poo poo directly to us. Of late, they've been announcing them sometime during the week of the direct itself.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Cheers. Is it usually at the same time? Just wondering how EU-friendly they are in terms of timezone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ufarn posted:

Cheers. Is it usually at the same time? Just wondering how EU-friendly they are in terms of timezone.

They're usually around 11pm GMT. They used to be 3pm until the Americans whined because something wasn't catered specially for them. Here's the last one if you want to see what they're usually like.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

I put out the fires in the fireplace in,Enter the Gungeon and walk in. I press interact and the rumble shakes but then I have no clue what happened or what to do next.

check your map after you've opened every room on the floor (you can do this before you fight the boss).

spoiler response: it'll open a wall leading to a secret room with a trapdoor. you'll need two silver keys to open.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Check your map, a new room should be around.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
There’s a Nindies sale coming tomorrow. So far only 25% off Death Squared is confirmed, but another 8 games are said to be featured.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hope Steamworld Heist is one of them

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hope Steamworld Heist is one of them

I bought the thing a few days ago and I like it a lot more than games I’ve spent three times as much on. Don’t blame you for wanting to wait for a sale though!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

alf_pogs posted:

check your map after you've opened every room on the floor (you can do this before you fight the boss).

spoiler response: it'll open a wall leading to a secret room with a trapdoor. you'll need two silver keys to open.

Ah I've been in that room before. Never put those two things together. Thanks!

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Junkie Disease posted:

Asked the For The King devs if Switch is in it's future. They said all consoles were this year.

Welp, that's another game I can take off my Steam wishlist.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Switch review from actual time with children: 6 year olds dont understand split joycons at all, and switching between 1p split joycons and 2p single joycons is a real pain. Still Coty. Odyssey was great.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

40Inch posted:

Welp, that's another game I can take off my Steam wishlist.

I'm playing on steam I'll double dip it's great coop rogue like jrpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the gently caress were they thinking with electricity in BOTW.

"Hey guys, I was thinking we should make electricity do way more damage than anything else in the the game. Cool? Ok, well lets also make it so link drops his weapon when he gets hit with it. Good? Allright what if we gave it to some of the hardest to hit enemies in the game and always made sure to put it around pools of water that will make the aoe so big it's nearly impossible to avoid? Done deal! Players are really gonna enjoy this!"

• Locked thread