Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Ah, here's puush again.

:3:

The Wotakus are all very strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

I'm alright with it

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Does this make any more sense in context?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cuntellectual posted:

Does this make any more sense in context?

It's a toy, so yeah sort of

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
New chapter of Ichikawa's Anthology! It's very pretty and strange! And then it gets stranger, probably won't see any tumblr callouts about this one though it's less that kind of strange. I don't know the chronology of her works but it's really to cool to see elements of Land of the Lustrous seemingly getting worked through in separate short stories.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The context is the increasing militarization of the police.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
the context is that the Colors are very powerful

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://bato.to/forums/topic/28840-batoto-will-be-closing-permanently

gently caress.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:(

Sad to see it go.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hosed up imo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Postal Parcel posted:

I'd add Incest isn't cool kids, even if you're both really pretty.
poo poo, I forgot that dealio! Sometimes I forget that the only Takakura by birth is Shouma.

Cuntellectual posted:

there has been a big bang theory marathon going on for like a week and my parents keep leaving their TV on. I want to blow my goddamn brains out.

I've been thinking about checking out Utena for a little while but was kinda leery because I'd heard it deals with those things and I'm a bit leery about it not being heavy handed. Is it actually that good?
Someone with a better grasp of the English language has gone on to lengths to explain the strengths and flaws of Utena but yeah, it's pretty dang good.

As far as TBBT, I can tell you that, to this day, is the one show I cannot fathom how my mom still enjoys taking into account that she seems to be the furthest from the demographic

OK, that's the best thing I've seen today and you're awesome for bringing it up. :rock:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
And the bad news train keeps on coming!

https://www.gofundme.com/matthewkliewer/

Apparently he was the leader of Horriblesubs. :rip:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

And the bad news train keeps on coming!

https://www.gofundme.com/matthewkliewer/

Apparently he was the leader of Horriblesubs. :rip:
Horriblesubs was a goddamn treasure trove that helped me whenever stuff didn't get picked up by any streaming service. Donating :10bux: for the homie, and may he :rip: :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

horriblesubs literally only got stuff that was picked up by streaming services cause they directly rip from them

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A good alternative to anime strike

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

A good alternative to anime strike

Which, coincidentally, also died on the same day as him :v:

Absum
May 28, 2013

uuuuh gently caress?

It's practically the only manga site I use and I have a gajillion things on my follow list wtf do I do

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Hopefully they upload the existing archive somewhere and it seems like some of the staff wants to start a new site. Not sure why he can't just hand the thing off to people he trusts though.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I'm at agdq

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What does it smell like there

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Hopefully they upload the existing archive somewhere and it seems like some of the staff wants to start a new site. Not sure why he can't just hand the thing off to people he trusts though.

Chances are no one wants to put up the money to run the site in its current state (which I doubt is cheap considering the amount of bandwidth it probably uses) and/or buy the domain from him. Also, he has been running the site on his own for seven years, it's his baby. If it has to die he probably wants it to die on his terms.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dangerous Person posted:

What does it smell like there

Weed

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dryzen posted:

I'm at agdq

Hi Dryzen

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Dryzen posted:

I'm at agdq

what do you do there

RME
Feb 20, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

what do you do there

by not running games you finish the fastest of them all

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i finally got to sit down and go through the last three episodes of idolmaster side m. a great way to end a wonderful show. the episode 11-12 arc was really emotional, and the resolution to it was sweet. episode 13 doesn't have much substance but its a good finisher anyway since we get to see all the groups perform. the songs in it were great, i got really pumped from watching them. i think the performance of "Reason" could have been more flashy though. i assume the real life composer for it wrote a 3-4 minute version along with the OP-sized version, and it would have been cool to see that since we're already familiar with the OP version. 9/10

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Absum posted:

uuuuh gently caress?

It's practically the only manga site I use and I have a gajillion things on my follow list wtf do I do

He says in the post that you'll be able to export your follow list.
The forums will also be up for a while after the reader is down, and you'll be able to access your follows the whole time.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I drink a lot and eat a lot

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

And I definitely won't drink the malort

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
big belly no heart

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

I drink a lot and eat a lot

Did you remember to bring a water bottle

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Not on the plane but I was right next to the stewards and just asked them for water

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dryzen posted:

And I definitely won't drink the malort

coward

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

so, what's a good alternative to batoto?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My dude Ray Ray can get you any manga you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Araki posted:

so, what's a good alternative to batoto?

Nothing at the moment haha

• Locked thread