Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Artic Puma posted:

Seriously, the couch isn't a prime viewing spot, you are supposed to be involved in the run. Why won't they talk?

:agreed:

I can't even stream to my friends without a co-commentator to shoot the poo poo with, I can't imagine how unbearable this is for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

When I bought a PS3 it was bundled with all 3 Infamous games and it was frequently offered on PS+. Probably not a great seller.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

dude her walk cycle is even bad. I didn't mind the first infamous but geez this is just awful. Also did they explain the whole quitting and coming back to the same place? Is it like deathwarping?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sage Grimm posted:

Video game franchises rarely die. They just go into hibernation until a new console release.

But suikoden :(

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
She did but the explanation was intricate and confusing, no fault of hers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

iirc infamous 1 was one of the first big ps3 exclusives and same for second son and ps4

that probably contributed a lot to its popularity

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Sage Grimm posted:

Video game franchises rarely die. They just go into hibernation until a new console release.

F-Zero. :(

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The Infamous character also was part of the smash bros a like for the Playstation whose name escapes me.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

The Lobster posted:

OK, that's sweet that she tried to do her hair like the character in her game.

Huh. That makes a lot of sense now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hanales posted:

They meant good franchises

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

hanales posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Gr3FsJ4A0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

The Infamous character also was part of the smash bros a like for the Playstation whose name escapes me.

Playstation Allstars

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
People were excited for Infamous at first, then they did 5 games in 6 years and the specific idea of open world game with super powers was done by many games since.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

And better!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah wasn't the main character from infamous one of the six characters in Sony Smash Brothers Brawl?

Also I would never even apply to a GDQ without at least one person going with me so I knew I'd have someone on the couch who I could count on

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sage Grimm posted:

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, which I only know because Isaac Clarke was also in it.

e: that might not be the name of the actual game, apparently there was more than one of these, which, wow

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also Playstation Allstars was so desperate for content they had to get games which were multiplatform to round out the roster. But that wasn't its real flaw, its real flaw was building a game that was so poorly constructed mechanically that people desperate for Smash didn't buy it.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

People were excited for Infamous at first, then they did 5 games in 6 years and the specific idea of open world game with super powers was done by many games since.

I liked Prototype more.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The best Infamous game is better known as Saints Row 4.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Emerald is really carrying this run, jesus. Someone check the couch for a pulse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crackdown 1 will forever be my favorite "superpowered open world game". Saints Row 4 ain't bad either

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
This game isn't as impressive as a glitchier game, and it's been bogged down by so many autoscrollers. Couch needs to pipe up at least. :tootzzz:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Monathin posted:

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale, which I only know because Isaac Clarke was also in it.

e: that might not be the name of the actual game, apparently there was more than one of these, which, wow

And the skeleton guy from MediEvil, who hasn't had a main game since 2005!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Vaah posted:

Emerald is really carrying this run, jesus. Someone check the couch for a pulse.

There's a couch? /s

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
really glad the chat's locked

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

none of 'em have topped spider-man 2: the movie: the game

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Mario Odyssey is happening yes? I looked through schedule the other day and didn't see it.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

You guys suckoden.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The Lobster posted:

There's a couch? /s

There are some very lifelike wax statue on it.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

rumble in the bunghole posted:

really glad the chat's locked

It's bad as is, but god I can't imagine open chat right now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sage Grimm posted:

And the skeleton guy from MediEvil, who hasn't had a main game since 2005!

Dr. Mario ain't had poo poo since 1990. Hell Game and Watch was still being made when Dr. Mario released

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Barudak posted:

Crackdown 1 will forever be my favorite "superpowered open world game". Saints Row 4 ain't bad either

It amazes me how Crackdown 1 was so good. I remember people bought because it gave you acccess to Halo 3 early. Me on the other hand? I was like gently caress Halo 3, let's see what this game was.

I lost too many hours chasing all those agility orbs but it was worth it.

Shame about the sequel tho.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Vaah posted:

It's bad as is, but god I can't imagine open chat right now

If you want to look into hell there's a restream with unlocked chat that someone posted on the agdq reddit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hanales posted:

You guys suckoden.

After you get the next 106 Burns on Suikoden you'll change your mind.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

At least Aly seems to be getting more comfortable.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

my awesome older brother just surprise visited me and we hung out a while, looks like I didn't miss anything

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Barudak posted:

Dr. Mario ain't had poo poo since 1990. Hell Game and Watch was still being made when Dr. Mario released

True, but he only showed up in the roster for the second game of the SSB series. Allstars was the start of Sony's offering and they couldn't find anyone more recent.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mainwaring posted:

Mario Odyssey is happening yes? I looked through schedule the other day and didn't see it.

I didn't see it either, I hope it's in because otherwise why even have an AGDQ 2018

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

hanales posted:

You guys suckoden.

Hey, I liked Suikoden, I just meant that given Konami's current state, I'd rather it stay dormant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shindragon posted:

It amazes me how Crackdown 1 was so good. I remember people bought because it gave you acccess to Halo 3 early. Me on the other hand? I was like gently caress Halo 3, let's see what this game was.

I lost too many hours chasing all those agility orbs but it was worth it.

Shame about the sequel tho.

Crackdown 3 will probably also be poo poo, which is an impressive feat given how drat good Crackdown 1 was and how incredibly, stupidly easy it would have been to make a great sequel.

• Locked thread