Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Strictly speaking to keep it a pilot project, he’d have to use a new set of characters. Could be interesting as a lot of the ones he used last time have been going for years, pre-CBB even.

Not really though. None of the pilots got picked up. They’d just have to be different show concepts. Actors star in different pilots every year!

But seriously I would love to hear some different characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah that’s a good point!

Either way it sounds like great news, ADPPP was amazing

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hasn't Daly said in the past that if there was a second season it would be a mix of new characters and a few that were asked to "resubmit" with new concepts? I want to say it was on Who Charted or in an AV Club interview but I can't be bothered to find either at the moment.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I really hope this finally happens, The Travel Bug with August Lindt is still the single funniest podcast I've ever listened to and all the rest were fantastic, too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon remains the best single episode of a podcast I've heard.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

feedmyleg posted:

Kiss Me, I'm Patrick McMahon remains the best single episode of a podcast I've heard.

Every so often I remember Paul F. Tompkins describing beating Bioshock Infinite on Hard as one of the minor miracles he's performed and chuckle.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Not Operator posted:

Every so often I remember Paul F. Tompkins describing beating Bioshock Infinite on Hard as one of the minor miracles he's performed and chuckle.

I especially liked him calling out the false choice of throwing the baseball at the interracial couple.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

This is from Andy Daly's Podcast?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Morch

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The last time I heard about the ADPPP was him saying how every time someone asks about a second series, he pushes it back a day.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

This is from Andy Daly's Podcast?

Paul was playing a monsignor who had performed 3 petit miracles. Like finding out that there was a bit of ice cream in the back of the freezer after all.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

morch

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is it Morch already?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

the bit with the Biggest Irish Band in Latvia, the Irishmen, slayed me. oh god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8fRp4i8gCY

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

kdrudy posted:

I really hope this finally happens, The Travel Bug with August Lindt is still the single funniest podcast I've ever listened to and all the rest were fantastic, too.

feedmyleg posted:

These are both right. I'll add the Dalton Wilcox episode. I've listened to all three a million times and they still kill me.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

kdrudy posted:

The Timothy Treadwell tape bit from that one is an all-timer.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I would be… A fly girl.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

kdrudy posted:

I've been to Skokie....so, that's pretty close.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Mr. Squishy posted:

The last time I heard about the ADPPP was him saying how every time someone asks about a second series, he pushes it back a day.

I swear to god I heard him make this same joke about the last season of Review.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Like a butterfly going through that one process.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Nemo posted:

Like a butterfly going through that one process.

When you cover your gennies in wet paper towel?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

These are both right. I'll add the Dalton Wilcox episode. I've listened to all three a million times and they still kill me.

Well listen, there are 3 races on the planet,

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I for some reason have gone through my entire podcast queue and have a road trip coming up. I have a 2 part question. Can I still get a deal on howl premium? What is worth listening to if I love Hollywood Handbook? I know there is a pcast? special episode. I know you guys love teachers lounge.

Any help?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
In terms of exclusive content I'd listen to all of Teachers Lounge, then all of Wild Horses: The Perspective, then the live Superegos. After that you can catch up on archives of all the material that's been taken off of Earwolf, like the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

I got an email on Tuesday from Stitcher saying that it was the last day for a 30% off for the year deal, so you may be in between promos right now.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Hollywood Masterclass. Questions for Lennon.

the Insane Piano fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 5, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked The Complete Woman/Man/Joy a lot (and they're very short)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked The Complete Woman/Man/Joy a lot (and they're very short)

Seconding this. Also Superego's Forgotten Classics is really good, and afaik it's a Howl/Stitcher exclusive.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Seconding all the suggestions, and don't forget there's lots of stuff that was previously purchase-only, like the CBB Live Tours and the Superego Behind the Bonus episodes where they play and comment on incomplete/unreleased sketches (Don't miss Celebrities at Their Ugliest Behavior.)

Even if you can't find a coupon, I think the content is worth the $35 annual fee. Shame about the drat app itself though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

Seconding this. Also Superego's Forgotten Classics is really good, and afaik it's a Howl/Stitcher exclusive.

Well these days all the Superego backlog is, except like the 10 most recent episodes, right?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Well these days all the Superego backlog is, except like the 10 most recent episodes, right?

Seasons 1 and 2 were behind their own paywall for the longest time. Then after it got folded in to the Howl.fm family they put everything behind the paywall except for Season 4 and the back half of S3...I think even the Best Of compilations fell victim to that. (They also stripped out a TON of the music - Hoyt Runyun's Van Buren Middle School no longer uses the Corneria theme from Starfox, and of course all the James Bond themes were replaced)

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Mike Detective

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Snowmankilla posted:

I for some reason have gone through my entire podcast queue and have a road trip coming up. I have a 2 part question. Can I still get a deal on howl premium? What is worth listening to if I love Hollywood Handbook? I know there is a pcast? special episode. I know you guys love teachers lounge.

Any help?

Just in case you haven't listened, the Hollywood Handbook boys had an old podcast called The Reality Show Show which is fantastic.

Edit: I'm loving The Teacher's Lounge, but Drew Tarver's character's voice has gotten really nasal and obnoxious since the end of Season 3 and it's hard to listen to. I don't know if that was a conscious decision or what, but I hope he abandons that voice decision soon.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 6, 2018

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Tacier posted:

Edit: I'm loving The Teacher's Lounge, but Drew Tarver's character's voice has gotten really nasal and obnoxious since the end of Season 3 and it's hard to listen to. I don't know if that was a conscious decision or what, but I hope he abandons that voice decision soon.

That's "ridiculous voice" and it's his plot line through season 4. I also love Teacher's Lounge, but it has made me hate Drew Tarver.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Tacier posted:

Just in case you haven't listened, the Hollywood Handbook boys had an old podcast called The Reality Show Show which is fantastic.

Nonsense. The ridiculous voice is really cool.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ridiculous voice is not a choice. He was born that way!

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

kdrudy posted:

The "where in the world is my wife" bit at the end might be my favorite segment of any podcast. That and Andy Daly's multiple referee skit from the fourth episode of improv4humans. Also Hollywood Masterclass when Sean grills Bang about being a racist, hitler, killer charles manson, and mussolini. Also Hollywood Handbook when Sean and Hayes are talking about how nice it is that the government is giving hispanic people a free ride home. "Some of these guys are already on these buses".

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Tacier posted:

in season 4 they're normal now so it's not a problem

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

X-Moms: Days of...Mother's Mom's!

Off Book is the best kind of silly

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The "where in the world is my wife" bit at the end might be my favorite segment of any podcast. That and Andy Daly's multiple referee skit from the fourth episode of improv4humans. Also Hollywood Masterclass when Sean grills Bang about being a racist, hitler, killer charles manson, and mussolini. Also Hollywood Handbook when Sean and Hayes are talking about how nice it is that the government is giving hispanic people a free ride home. "Some of these guys are already on these buses".

The hardest I've ever laughed at a podcast was the Masterclass bit where Sean is saying how his mailman is the best actor he's ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
hayes is on the newest ep of left coast talking about how hosed up housing is in LA