Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

gonna make a first blood-style movie about a critic who goes against the flow on a popular film and has to hole up in the jungle, dangling the eviscerated bodies of gene shalit and peter travers from a makeshift treehouse as a warning

Rambo doesn't kill anyone in First Blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Skwirl posted:

Are you saying radio equipment isn't people? :mad:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

One dude falls out of a helicopter because Rambo throws a rock at it. Which is at very least involuntary manslaughter though it was probably justified since they were shooting at him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

One dude falls out of a helicopter because Rambo throws a rock at it. Which is at very least involuntary manslaughter though it was probably justified since they were shooting at him.

Cop should have worn a harness.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

My gut reaction to that review is "go gently caress yourself". The guy comes across as obnoxiously entitled and sanctimonious.

Who better to review a Max Landis film?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
A lot of people think all the Rambo films are the same. I was surprised when I watched First Blood and not only does Rambo not intentionally kill anyone but it was also pretty goddamn anti-war.

I just watched Daybreakers. It was cool but that ending was rushed as hell.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Killing cops is self defense

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Boy, Rabin slammed Bright hard, basically saying he's done with Netflix if they make the sequel

https://www.nathanrabin.com/happy-place/2018/1/4/this-looks-terrible-bright-2017

And?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Skwirl posted:

I said first blood style, indicating an openness of interpretation and potential ability to play with the constructs and constrictions of the genre.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I said first blood style, indicating an openness of interpretation and potential ability to play with the constructs and constrictions of the genre.

yeah, but hanging the desecrated corpses of your enemies as a warning to others doesn't sound like the style of First Blood.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Watching Gunga Din for the first time. Kind of racist, but it's really obvious it was a huge influence on the Indiana Jones movies. I'm actually surprised how rapid-paced it is (for 1939), not to mention has a lot of effective comic relief.

Also, now I know where some of the Citizen Kane newsreel music came from.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 8, 2018

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Yooooo, what the gently caress is going on there at the end of Brawl in Cell Block 99?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Yooooo, what the gently caress is going on there at the end of Brawl in Cell Block 99?

one hell of a fever dream. it's basically a dystopian film and i love it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just got offered a gig as a stand-in for the lead in some Breivik film, presumably the Paul Greengrass one. But it's two days from now and the casting people just called today so I probably won't be able to get off work for it which means my dreams of stardom are for naught.

It's probably for the best. I might end up getting typecast as a Nazi extra since my only previous acting experience was as a extra in Dead Snow 2.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Square is a bizarre and interesting film. I liked it quite a bit, but I can see a lot of people hating it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
The Square is exactly two hours of the best film of the year. That dinner scene is one of the best scenes I’ve ever seen and the whole bit with the condom was cry-laughing funny.

Skwirl posted:

yeah, but hanging the desecrated corpses of your enemies as a warning to others doesn't sound like the style of First Blood.

There’s plenty of First Blood to be riffed on, if it was just First Blood with critics then it would simply be a remake.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

come watch the Golden Globes with me, chat thread!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Rambo should have killed himself at the end of First Blood. Then the Rambo movie series would have stayed good forever.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
We wouldn't have had Rambo IV then.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Rambo should have killed himself at the end of First Blood. Then the Rambo movie series would have stayed good forever.

That's how the book ended, right?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I shut off Predators after about 45 minutes. There's no loving mystery and there's no character development so I don't know why we have to follow these idiots for forty goddamn minutes before the Predators actually show up. At least slasher movie padding has stuff you can laugh at. This was just dreadfully boring and Brody is hilariously miscast.

I like the first three Rambo films for different reasons. IV is steamed poo poo outside of two sequences.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-QtsAf9xyU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

James Woods Fan posted:

I shut off Predators after about 45 minutes. There's no loving mystery and there's no character development so I don't know why we have to follow these idiots for forty goddamn minutes before the Predators actually show up. At least slasher movie padding has stuff you can laugh at. This was just dreadfully boring and Brody is hilariously miscast.

I like the first three Rambo films for different reasons. IV is steamed poo poo outside of two sequences.

What mystery. It’s a Predator. You know what that is.

It’s very good and you’re wrong sorry.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

What was that ebert quote about never using a superlative you arent willing to spend the rest of your life going to bat for, because I think most modern critics could stand to hear it.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm up to ep 4 of Devilman Crybaby rn and holy moly I love how balls to the wall this show goes. It's got a lot of "exploitation film" vibe but isn't afraid to go for the jugular with the melodrama. And some of the demons are just awesomely nasty.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hey guys, I got a GoPro. Do we have a thread in any other forum on cameras/video stuff? I checked some threads in Inspect Your Gadget but didn't find one on GoPros.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Can I watch devil man crybaby if I have never seen any other devil man before?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

As another devilman neophyte it seems to be going its own way with the premise of "man who is devil" so while prior familiarity might help it's not necessary.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Steve Yun posted:

it did stay good forever

the first movie is the best, but 2 and 3 are good dumb action movies and 4 is an incredible dumb action movie

Steve Yun posted:

yes. you can pretty much jump into anything with the Devilman name feet first (with like one exception that isn't relevant to Crybaby).

Crybaby in particular is an adaptation of the original 70s Devilman manga, which means you're completely good.

(Devilman is technically part of the Go Nagai "universe" and there's a lot of weird crossover poo poo and ties to his other works, including Violence Jack being a stealth sequel to it, but that's a whole rabbit hole that you really don't need to worry about.)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CelticPredator posted:

What mystery. It’s a Predator. You know what that is.

It’s very good and you’re wrong sorry.

The mystery is how is Topher Grace able to get work as a serial killer?

And also the movie is bad.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

(Devilman is technically part of the Go Nagai "universe" and there's a lot of weird crossover poo poo and ties to his other works, including Violence Jack being a stealth sequel to it, but that's a whole rabbit hole that you really don't need to worry about.)

Go Nagai is very much of that generation of mangaka who thought "canon" was a ludicrous idea for fools.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Go Nagai is very much of that generation of mangaka who thought "canon" was a ludicrous idea for fools.

They were right.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gatts posted:

Hey guys, I got a GoPro. Do we have a thread in any other forum on cameras/video stuff? I checked some threads in Inspect Your Gadget but didn't find one on GoPros.

The Dorkroom would probably be your best bet.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Yeah go to dorkroom so we can mock and shame you mercilessly :getin:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baron von Eevl posted:

The mystery is how is Topher Grace able to get work as a serial killer?

And also the movie is bad.

It’s bad if you live in garbage land where good things are bad.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Steve Yun posted:

The only thing I knew about Devilman before watching it was that "oh this? it's laced with drugs" panel.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fish loving music won a Gold Globe.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Music to gently caress Fish To

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
*still watching Devilman* lol the Trump cameo

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 8, 2018

• Locked thread