Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

One of my favorite Soundboxing tracks for loving myself up is Poker Face, the beatmap has you doing some very Gaga rear end poo poo with your arms, culminating in like a full minute of repeated ceiling to floor crotch chops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

homeless snail posted:

One of my favorite Soundboxing tracks for loving myself up is Poker Face, the beatmap has you doing some very Gaga rear end poo poo with your arms, culminating in like a full minute of repeated ceiling to floor crotch chops

All that new electric swing stuff too holy poo poo, whoevers making those beatmaps are amazing.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

osirisisdead posted:

I'm going to give this company a solid shot at getting these working for me because I like their ergonomic design, but I am starting to suspect that this is a mothballed project (it can't really compete with the Vive/Occulus) and they are only trying to dump all of their inventory asap.

Good luck! There's still a use for good media viewers, but they came in at an odd time, phones developing their own, 3d movies dying off, mhl standard disappearing just as it got good etc. Still fun to tool around with though.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-42577476/ces-2018-electric-virtual-reality-suit-shocks-gamers

Pain haptics.

I wish I was at CES

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Gorn custom mode: Attack on Titan

Gravity 0.2
Size 0.3
Knockback 0.8
Enemy weapons optional
Left hand has flying bracelet
Right hand has knockout fist

Leap up towards gigantic enemies and clobber them once at face level. With enemy weapons on you fly upwards as flails swing beneath you. Can also use grappling hook instead of flying but note that it doesn't ever pull you up, it lets you slowly winch giant enemies down to your level so you can wallop them. Grappling hook also makes it impossible to pull the door lever to end the level.

Extra content:

AgentF fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 6, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is Kinect tech locked down and thrown away? I screwed around with using a Kinect to do cheap motion capture and I'd think taking it a bit further would be a natural inclusion in next VR generation of hardware. Pairing high quality hand tracking with lower quality body tracking seems like a good middle ground to some kinda actual body suit or hanging a bunch of sensors off your body.

Kinect is officially over with MS withdrawing from sale the adapter that lets it plug into current-line Xboxes or PCs, which has made used prices skyrocket, so you might have some trouble experimenting right now. However, depth camera tech is starting to spread beyond the Kinect (the iPhone X uses one for face recognition and I think the Hololens inside-out tracking also uses some kind of depth sensor) so maybe in the future someone will invest in making this real specifically for VR.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Only the adapters have skyrocketed in price. You can get Kinects for $15 and with some minor soldering you can wire it up for use on a PC. I'm in the process of doing it right now.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Anyone got good / bad to say about Killing Floor Incursion, 50% off this weekend?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/690810/Killing_Floor_Incursion/

I don't think I'd even look at many current VR games full AA PC price, maybe at half-off :o:

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Anyone got good / bad to say about Killing Floor Incursion, 50% off this weekend?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/690810/Killing_Floor_Incursion/

I don't think I'd even look at many current VR games full AA PC price, maybe at half-off :o:

Sounds like kind of a mess from the reviews.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I liked it. I only played it with teleport but I think it has other locomotion options. It's a funny little shooter with some fetch quests.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Anyone got recommendations for vr boxing games?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Everyone says The Thrill of the Fight tires them out in like 3 minutes, which from my limited boxing experience is true to life. Maybe that one?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Giant Bomb did Fallout VR last night on UPF and that was super disappointing. It looked super janky and terrible to use. Most frustrating when Jeff opened the refrigerator and went to go grab a nuka cola and then said "Oh right, I can't do that, because this isn't a VR game." Doesn't surprise me that Bethesda hosed up VR. Can't imagine how terrible VR would be if Carmack didn't steal everything or whatever and Bethesda controlled VR.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cojawfee posted:

Giant Bomb did Fallout VR last night on UPF and that was super disappointing. It looked super janky and terrible to use. Most frustrating when Jeff opened the refrigerator and went to go grab a nuka cola and then said "Oh right, I can't do that, because this isn't a VR game." Doesn't surprise me that Bethesda hosed up VR. Can't imagine how terrible VR would be if Carmack didn't steal everything or whatever and Bethesda controlled VR.

Fallout VR is exactly what you'd expect from a rushed out VR mod, except without the Rift compatibility.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah I'm still positive about Fo4VR being an enoyable game in its own right but they missed most opportunities to take advantage of the medium, and more subtly but IMO quite disastrously they didn't reconsider the RPG mechanics given the motion controls (eg. having an artificial accuracy penalty for hip-firing, no two handed weapons AND no dual-wielding, the disconnected way that melee attacks only count if you're off weapon speed cooldown, cannot stab with knives/swords).

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth

The Walrus posted:

oh man moogs I'm gonna make you another version of that track, that might be a bit tricky for your *first ever* soundboxing songs. you did really well considering though.

Thanks for putting it together. Definitely not easy but I played a handful of songs after that were definitely too easy and I appreciated the difficulty you put in there!

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Got around to trying In Death beta, seems like it could be fun if they add smooth movement. The teleport absolutely killed it for me and couldn't stand playing more than 10 minutes.

e: the teleport is extremely bad compared to Robo Recall or basically any teleport-based game.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Cojawfee posted:

Counterpoint, I have put 20 ish hours on it this last week and had a hell of a time. You have to think about it in the frame that it's fallout 4 but in the medium of vr, not fallout 4 vr if that makes sense. It's got jank, but the fact that most mods work has made it quite a bit of fun for me. It's definitely not a built from ground up vr experience, which I agree would be better but I am satisfied with it how it is.
Edit: should mention I got it free in bundle. Not sure I'd say this is worth full price unless you have never played FO4.

Moonshine Rhyme fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 7, 2018

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I feel like the proper attitude towards Fallout 4 VR is that it's way, way better than VorpX.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Just set up my Rift today, having a blast myself as well as having a blast demoing it for family members! I can only do it in short bursts, though. poo poo is exhausting, even sit-down experiences; sensory overload or something.

However, when having my brother try out Robo Recall, I noticed that the left Oculus Touch controller vibration was significantly louder than the right one. I didn't notice it before when playing myself, and neither did he notice when playing. It seems like the game audio covers it up, but now that I know it's going on, it's hard not to notice it even while in game. It seems to feel the same as the right controller, it's just as though it's vibrating something that may be slightly loose and causing extra buzzing, like a spring. I've replaced the in-box batteries with fresh ones, and tested the controllers without the battery cover on in case those were contributing to the issue, but it didn't seem to take care of it completely (although putting slight pressure on the bottom side of the battery somewhat diminished it).

I've done some googling and saw some hits about similar issues in Oculus subreddit and Oculus' main forums, but it doesn't sound like there is a clear explanation or resolution for it. Perhaps I'm being nitpicky and fussy about it, but then again I'm not quite sure it's worth returning the whole Oculus Rift+Touch kit to Amazon for a replacement (which may have the same problem if it's a common one, or maybe end up with something worse!).

Anyways, just checking to see if there are any other similar experiences from you all, or maybe something I've missed as far as what is typically done (or perhaps not done, since it's kind of a minor annoyance) about this issue.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My main problem is I already played FO4 to death so I'm just doing stuff I've done several times before. It's still neat and boy I hope the next one of those Bethesda open-world RPGs has VR support from the get-go.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

NOYS VR is a really cool idea and I'd probably pay a gross amount of money to buy concerts if they were good quality and musicians I wanted to see. But yet again where the hell is my real-world-drink-tracking technology, Oculus?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Seashell Salesman posted:

NOYS VR is a really cool idea and I'd probably pay a gross amount of money to buy concerts if they were good quality and musicians I wanted to see. But yet again where the hell is my real-world-drink-tracking technology, Oculus?

Just spend 100 dollars on a tracking puck and code your own direct x injector.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm sure someone will be happy to sell you a cup with a puck attachment point.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Just set up my Rift today, having a blast myself...... poo poo is exhausting,

You will grow to not have this issue. 5+ hours is easy peasy these days. Give it a week tops and you'll have that poo poo bolted to your face all day.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Agreed, it's pretty awesome. You might be interested in checking out The Wave VR which I think is only on Steam. It's about creating visual VR experiences to accompany electronic music performances. And it's insanely loving trippy.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand how anyone can poo poo out a VR game (port), sell it at maximum AAA price, not even bother to put proper hands interactivity in it and be proud with the outcome. And be at 73% mostly positive :lol:

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

XOIC of Radishes posted:

I noticed that the left Oculus Touch controller vibration was significantly louder than the right one.

Here is an 8-second comparison video for those interested.

https://youtu.be/Tn4VtK6yERw

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I played Fallout 3 for all of 10 minutes before I gave up out of boredom after not being able to find my way out of the vault. Never played Fallout 4 until FO4VR.

I don't usually like these type of games, but I am loving it in VR, and will certainly buy Skyrim when its Vive ready.

It crashes a lot though. Is that a FO4VR thing, or just a Bethesda thing?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I played Fallout 3 for all of 10 minutes before I gave up out of boredom after not being able to find my way out of the vault. Never played Fallout 4 until FO4VR.

I don't usually like these type of games, but I am loving it in VR, and will certainly buy Skyrim when its Vive ready.

Dunno. In 22 hours, I have had I think only one crash that was unrelated to a mod functioning improperly. Could be your rig doesn't like the engine.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Well, it looks like the sparkling issue was the card. I RMA’d it through Asus, got the replacement yesterday, and after hooking it up this morning tried a few things that used to always fail and it worked.

Can’t wait to actually start playing stuff now.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It's a Bethesda thing.
It's also got bugs that were fixed in the regular game allegedly.
I had suits of power armour vanish from a bug that was meant to have been fixed in one of the early patches.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I honestly can't stand VRchat. It looks like a quick ticket to a toxic community.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Meanwhile, I look at videos of VRChat and feel a strong feeling of nostalgia...

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

Is there a way to find a specific map in VRChat? E.g. Someone made some Final Fantasy XI maps for it like "Lower Jeuno," but I can't find any active links and the in-game search doesn't show anything. Perhaps they got removed.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

When watching a side-by-side 3D video in the Rift, sometimes some object will get "close" enough to my viewpoint that it gets doubled which would be normal if it was a couple of inches from my face but it can happen to stuff that should be over a foot away. It doesn't happen in all videos and some are definitely much worse than others for this. I remember some where practically the entire scene felt like I was cross-eyed. Can anyone explain to me what is different about different videos and/or how this happens? I don't know if I can fix it on those videos by tweaking the projection settings or if I need a different player or what. Mostly I experimented with WebVR in Firefox and Deo player from Oculus store.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Is there a way to find a specific map in VRChat? E.g. Someone made some Final Fantasy XI maps for it like "Lower Jeuno," but I can't find any active links and the in-game search doesn't show anything. Perhaps they got removed.

People can make instances somehow, but I think they have to have the place locally or favorited if is not public. I don't think I've ever done more than follow friends into maps.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

When watching a side-by-side 3D video in the Rift, sometimes some object will get "close" enough to my viewpoint that it gets doubled which would be normal if it was a couple of inches from my face but it can happen to stuff that should be over a foot away. It doesn't happen in all videos and some are definitely much worse than others for this. I remember some where practically the entire scene felt like I was cross-eyed. Can anyone explain to me what is different about different videos and/or how this happens? I don't know if I can fix it on those videos by tweaking the projection settings or if I need a different player or what. Mostly I experimented with WebVR in Firefox and Deo player from Oculus store.

Are you talking about movies like Avatar 3D or just some random person's 3d video on youtube? Have you tried Oculus Video?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So me and my mates tried PayDay 2 again, now that 3 of us have VR. After some awkwardness relearning how to do things, and some bugs with some weapons not shooting, it was a good loving time.

Mostly because they finally allowed you to use grenade launchers and machineguns. Mowing diwn cops with the Minigun never gets old :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

jubjub64 posted:

Are you talking about movies like Avatar 3D or just some random person's 3d video on youtube? Have you tried Oculus Video?

Random person's 3D video. I have tried one 3D Hollywood movie, which was the Big Screen TopGun event and that worked fine but that's quite different because they simulate the distance from you to the screen like in a real cinema.

e: I have not tried Oculus Video.