Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

axeil posted:

i know nothing about shantae but i did not expect that her magic power was becoming an elephant

She can turn into many animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

MODS??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axeil posted:

i know nothing about shantae but i did not expect that her magic power was becoming an elephant

That's just one transformation of many

Though honestly the best Shantae game is actually the one that doesn't have any transformations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

elephants are majestic beings and you will pay them respect

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Rirse posted:

I love in the bid donation war for which character to use they didn't have the Mighty No 9 guy on the list.

Unless I missed a DLC update, Beck is not in Blaster Master Zero

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

axeil posted:

Shantae games are kinda metroidvanias, with different animal transformations being the exploration upgrades.

e: Well, there's also one game where she doesn't transform and instead upgrades by becoming increasingly piratey

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

axeil posted:

Monkey, elephant, spider, and harpy, at least in the first game which is the only one I played. Her only puwers are changing form and hitting things with hair.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Ramos posted:

No surprise Otacon is winning over Meryl for being rescued. The broest of bromances needs to live on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szg2ulraij4

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bruceski posted:

Monkey, elephant, spider, and harpy, at least in the first game which is the only one I played. Her only puwers are changing form and hitting things with hair.

also a tank apparently

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

She sounds cool

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ramos posted:

No surprise Otacon is winning over Meryl for being rescued. The broest of bromances needs to live on.

It's Canon that snake and ota are a thing, they even have an adopted kid for christsakes

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Do you think love can bloom, even on the battlefield?

mandatory lesbian posted:

It's Canon that snake and ota are a thing, they even have an adopted kid for christsakes

That and any woman Otacon shows interest in tends to die tragically.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

timp posted:

She sounds cool

She's

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
otacon was into some weird incest poo poo

i mean so was big boss apparently

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

no he was permabanned for violating the No-Fun rule

:catstare: WHAT

I thought he couldn't make it last year because he was illness.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

timp posted:

She sounds cool

The games are actually pretty good 2d platformer fetchquesters with really good music but they're also pretty weird

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

:catstare: WHAT

I thought he couldn't make it last year because he was illness.

Lmao

You've been japed

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm happy there are so many Switch games at AGDQ within the console's first year.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zivilyn Bane posted:

That and any woman Otacon shows interest in tends to die tragically.

Also none of them have an rear end on the level of Snake's.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Shovel Knight, A Hat In Time, Pillars of Eternity, Hollow Knight, FTL, Dive Kick, OctoDad, Divinity Original Sin, Freedom Planet, Lisa, Undertale, Hyper Light Drifter, This is the Police, Shantae & Night in the Woods

I had no idea most of these were kickstarted so cheers

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This seems like a pretty cool game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

what ska bands do you think skavenger is into

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Already Sweaty 666

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
alreadysweaty666

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

The Lobster posted:

I'm happy there are so many Switch games at AGDQ within the console's first year.

I was skeptical about the Switch but I got my wife one for Christmas and it is very neat.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
this runner hasn't been half bad IMO

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Shantaenk

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Should I play this

I'm thinking I should

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KKKLIP ART posted:

This seems like a pretty cool game

It only I think ten bucks too on the Switch as well. I need to finish it someday as I was really enjoying it when I was playing it.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Not really related but I didn't realize that Two Guys from Andromeda have a kickstarter game that is Star Citizen levels of late.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pants Donkey posted:

What happened to him?

Naegleria's trolling gimmick was actually just him being a huge rear end in a top hat all the time. I dunno if he was formally banned but at some point he got all assed up about the GDQ staff and now spends every GDQ event tweeting about how much it sucks now and people shouldn't go/support it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

For when sexy belly dances won't suffice.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

:yeah:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Regy Rusty posted:

Lmao

You've been japed

No, I figured he was making a joke about the No-Fun thing. Jon is listed on Mario Galaxy; I couldn't find him at first because he usually listed by his original username, 'GameJ06', and that's what I was trying to find).

I do remember someone saying he got the flu or something last year, so he wasn't able to attend. I am interested if the guy who did the Jak and Daxter disaster run is doing something, since I heard he got softbanned (he wasn't permitted to submit a run last year, but would be eligible again this year)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I had no idea most of these were kickstarted so cheers
Because they tend to be low-key games that work within their means, instead of being SPIRITUAL REVIVALS that try to replicate AAA experiences despite Kickstarter being laughably insufficient for getting that kind of money. They're mostly praying they get the funding and can then show an investor that the game has public interest and is a safe investment it loving isn't

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

edit: whoops this isnt trump thread!!!!!!!!

gotta edit fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I hope Shantae gets Ammo Baron's tank in the next game.

• Locked thread