Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
woah are the NTIs down here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

Because they tend to be low-key games that work within their means, instead of being SPIRITUAL REVIVALS that try to replicate AAA experiences despite Kickstarter being laughably insufficient for getting that kind of money. They're mostly praying they get the funding and can then show an investor that the game has public interest and is a safe investment it loving isn't

There are two huge reasons to be a Shantae fan

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Max Wilco posted:

I do remember someone saying he got the flu or something last year, so he wasn't able to attend. I am interested if the guy who did the Jak and Daxter disaster run is doing something, since I heard he got softbanned (he wasn't permitted to submit a run last year, but would be eligible again this year)

IIRC Bonesaw's submission ban included this GDQ as well, so he'll be eligible to run again at SGDQ.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

the little shantae swimming sprite is cute.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Rirse posted:

It only I think ten bucks too on the Switch as well. I need to finish it someday as I was really enjoying it when I was playing it.

Cool. I want to get more switch games since I just got one for Odyssey, and have BOTW on WiiU. I think I'm gonna get this and Golf Story

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

what

Shantae can turn into motherbrain?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Why are shantae and mother brain in this game and why does shantae turn into mother brain

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Because they tend to be low-key games that work within their means, instead of being SPIRITUAL REVIVALS that try to replicate AAA experiences despite Kickstarter being laughably insufficient for getting that kind of money. They're mostly praying they get the funding and can then show an investor that the game has public interest and is a safe investment it loving isn't

I think this was the strategy Shenmue 3 is going with. Initial crowdfunding (they got $6+ mil) but also working with a publisher.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Ramadu posted:

edit: whoops this isnt trump thread!!!!!!!!

gotta edit fast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Cool. I want to get more switch games since I just got one for Odyssey, and have BOTW on WiiU. I think I'm gonna get this and Golf Story

I'd caution you as they really do play like an HD remaster of a long-lost GameBoy Color game

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Ramos posted:

what

Shantae can turn into motherbrain?

When a genie kills something they absorb its power

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What controller is this guy using

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Still wish this picture had it be Awful Presidents Done Quick.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cuntellectual posted:

Why are shantae and mother brain in this game and why does shantae turn into mother brain

Inti Creates helped with Pirate's Curse, and there's a Mother Brain in Blaster Master.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Max Wilco posted:

I am interested if the guy who did the Jak and Daxter disaster run is doing something, since I heard he got softbanned (he wasn't permitted to submit a run last year, but would be eligible again this year)

He submitted a Resistance 2 run, but it didn't make it onto the schedule; he said on twitter that he's skipping AGDQ to save money, but might be at SGDQ.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Tiny Shantae is so cute. :3:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

ThePagey posted:

IIRC Bonesaw's submission ban included this GDQ as well, so he'll be eligible to run again at SGDQ.

Incorrect. He was eligible this AGDQ but didn't get in. Don't know if he submitted so it's pointless to speculate.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Tiny Shantae is so cute. :3:

:agreed:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ullerrm posted:

He submitted a Resistance 2 run, but it didn't make it onto the schedule; he said on twitter that he's skipping AGDQ to save money, but might be at SGDQ.

Someone not only liked Resistance 2, but liked it enough to Speed Run it? I don't even think the developers remember making that game

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
is the prinny game as cringy as it sounds?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

This game looks dope as hell and I want to play it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm going to sleep everyone, I'm naming Ramos in charge of the thread while I"m asleep and at work, please treat everyone respectfully.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

When a genie kills something they absorb its power

Shantae is The Thing?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

emdash posted:

What controller is this guy using

I'm guessing the 8Bitdo Pro Controller that looks like a SNES controller.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

The first one is an interesting platformer that if you skip all the cutscenes is perfectly fine in the art department. I assume the sequel ruined that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm going to sleep everyone, I'm naming Ramos in charge of the thread while I"m asleep and at work, please treat everyone respectfully.

gently caress that, I'm sleeping after this.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
WTF is that guy talking about? This is a chiptune soundtrack, though and through.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Yes, and it's also a genuinely impressive run but maybe give it a pass if the content bothers you.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

beep by grandpa posted:

Ramos posted:

gently caress that, I'm sleeping after this.

Well then what are we supposed to do?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Lobster posted:

I'm guessing the 8Bitdo Pro Controller that looks like a SNES controller.

That probably it. I remember in the Retro Gaming thread they mentioned adding support for the Switch with it.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Xenothral posted:

Anarchy.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dias posted:

elephants are majestic beings and you will pay them respect

elephants think of people like how we think of puppies. apparently the exact same parts of their brain light up lol. no wonder they gonna die. their puppies kill them

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Xenothral posted:

Struggle for power in the absence of authority, done quick

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Xenothral posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mods are sleeping post pastebins

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

mods are sleeping post pastebins

https://pastebin.com/iVjLZDDc

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

weve gone way over time they should def mercy kill this current presidency run imo

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

this missile missile effect has some bullshit high pitched noise that the stream audio can't handle and i loving hate it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Xenothral posted:

• Locked thread