Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Usually I hate it when the punchline of a webcomic is a weird face but with this guy it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

some of them remind me of the swedish cartoon Adamson which is at least 80-90 years old? lets say 100

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I see even Swedes get upset about IKEA.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol theres another one in a book my dad has (but i cant find it online), Adamson tries to adjust a wobbly table by sawing bits off the legs one at a time

it also ends with him walking away under a dark cigarcloud

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone know who created this? I love it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

AlbieQuirky posted:

No, it was a girlfriend he lived with for a while. They broke up after he ruined Hanukkah at her parents' house by having a hissy fit about how he was sad it wasn't Christmas.

This is impressive man-babying even by the relevant standards. Hot drat.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Nuevo posted:

Well, I searched "old fat guy newspaper comic" and found this so thanks I guess.

The format is a rar of a movie of images of the comic or some insane bullshit so have an imgur album.

https://imgur.com/a/PHFi9

These are great. There's a particularly good one where the wright brothers plane can't take off because this fat rear end is in it.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Man, Hiram just can't catch a break.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
😔

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

These all own.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I love Kate Beaton.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rolo posted:

I love Kate Beaton.

She is the best.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Rolo posted:

I love Kate Beaton.

Same, she's rad as hell. She used to post here until goons started hardcore creeping on her.

Vvvvv yeah exactly that.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

^^^that answers that

wasn't kate beaton a goon until posters started creeping on her and chased her off?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

puppets freak me out posted:

Same, she's rad as hell. She used to post here until goons started hardcore creeping on her.

Vvvvv yeah exactly that.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

^^^that answers that

wasn't kate beaton a goon until posters started creeping on her and chased her off?

i'm so tired of this. i'm so tired of this same conversation all the time

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

trapped mouse posted:

i'm so tired of this. i'm so tired of this same conversation all the time

Every time Kate Beaton is mentioned this conversation plays out.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

Every time Kate Beaton is mentioned this conversation plays out.

I see no reason why creeping Kate Beaton should ever be forgot.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Yeah when everyone with a modicum of talent gets chased away, it bears mentioning so that maybe it won't happen next time.

But who am I kidding, I'll be posting here forever.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Kate Beaton wasn't chased off, she just got bored and didn't see a reason to stick around.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Aw man, it would’ve been cool to notice her here and get to say I like her work and feet.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Kate Beaton wasn't chased off, she just got bored and didn't see a reason to stick around.
Then she got annoyed when obsessive goons tried to apologize to her on twitter over it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rolo posted:

Aw man, it would’ve been cool to notice her here and get to say I like her work and feet.

:chloe:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Rolo posted:

chris cillizza account spotted

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish I were creepy enough to chase off all posters who think Kate Beaton's left because of creepy goons.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Paladinus posted:

I wish I were creepy enough to chase off all posters who think Kate Beaton's left because of creepy goons.

Aww... you'll always be the creepiest in my book! :glomp:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
the true creeps were the friends we made along the way

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

If you've been following her work on Twitter, the Beaton family is having a really hard time. Kate has been posting comics about her life with her sister Becky, who is not doing well.

They're collected at https://www.flickr.com/photos/154685153@N06/sets/72157690029812265 , and the medical crowfunder is up at https://www.youcaring.com/beckybeaton-1008390 .

Squidster has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Jan 8, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Squidster posted:

If you've been following her work on Twitter, the Beaton family is having a really hard time. Kate has been posting comics about her life with her sister Becky, who is not doing well.

They're collected at https://www.flickr.com/photos/154685153@N06/sets/72157690029812265 , and the medical crowfunder is up at https://www.youcaring.com/beckybeaton-1008390 .

Aww! :smith: I'll be sure to put something in there from my next paycheck.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I'm going to ask a serious question here and I hope it doesn't come off as mean. If they live in Canada why do they need crowdfunding for medical treatment? Not trying to say they don't need or deserve it. I just thought their healthcare system actually handled that.

Edit: Oh sorry, I should have read through the entire post on the crowdfunding site. It's explained.

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Jan 8, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

McCracAttack posted:

I'm going to ask a serious question here and I hope it doesn't come off as mean. If they live in Canada why do they need crowdfunding for medical treatment? Not trying to say they don't need or deserve it. I just thought their healthcare system actually handled that.

Edit: Oh sorry, I should have read through the entire post on the crowdfunding site. It's explained.

:911: they should be honored at the chance to spend every dime they have on healthcare :smith:

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I met Kate Beaton at SPX once and she was super nice and signed my book.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Unmature posted:

I met Kate Beaton at SPX once and she was super nice and signed my book.

Lol. But also I thought it was about a traditional Catholic church that belongs to the Society of Saint Pius X.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I see no reason why creeping Kate Beaton should ever be forgot.

:golfclap:

Recognized and appreciated.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Kate Beaton is a cool lady. She drew captain America in my book, and has a very firm handshake.

That is my Kate Beaton story, tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

nice!