Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I rather we just go full Bastille Day or October Revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lol frats are useless scourges on humanity

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also chili came out good as hell shouts out to no butt stuff.

My new years resolution of no dairy at all whatsoever left it without cheese but it didn't need it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Did anyone see 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri? It just swept the golden globes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

Did anyone see 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri? It just swept the golden globes.

I read that it was good once. So...no.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

seiferguy posted:

I haven't, but I can see how a film based around yelling at people to loving do something about a crisis would be timely enough to pique award ceremony interests.

I had a friend who'd finally seen Rain Man, and he's normally a cinephile so he was a bit bewildered it won an Oscar, to which I explained, "Yeah, but autism had no awareness under Reagan, so this actually felt novel." The times do decide the awards sometimes. Also, Rain Man's hella good anyway, it's A Few Good Men that feels kinda cheesy in the Tom Cruise hype oeuvre.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm making Ropa Vieja today, should be tasty

Follow up

Its loving amazing, Kenji knows his poo poo

seiferguy posted:

I saw it, it was one of those movies about lovely things happening to lovely people, but it was kind of funny. Hell of a lot of great performances, but maybe 1 or 2 likable characters in the entire thing

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

seiferguy posted:

No but I've seen all the other movies those brothers have done and they always deliver dark comedy incredibly well.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Glumslinger posted:

Follow up

Its loving amazing, Kenji knows his poo poo

I saw it, it was one of those movies about lovely things happening to lovely people, but it was kind of funny. Hell of a lot of great performances, but maybe 1 or 2 likable characters in the entire thing

Give me the ropa

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Psych is on amazon prime now :woop:

I missed it since it left netflix

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Golden Globes was okay. Was mainly annoyed that Lady Bird beat Get Out but I get it - it was the year of the woman. Oprah gave a great speech.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

axeil posted:

ugh.

yeah, i'm trying to calm down so i can write down my thoughts but jesus christ it's so bad.

in the past 24 months they've done the following:

-lied to us about how many people are actually living in the house, forcing me personally to cover costs as we were short about $1,000 on our annual bills. we also had to cancel our annual alumni dinner thing at homecoming
-kid pulled his dick out at a party because "i thought it would be funny", charges got filed and we ejected him from the fraternity
-lied to us about being on probation for having communal sources of alcohol
-and now 12 brothers went to a sorority party and one of them was allowed to go home to his dorm where he then went to the bathroom, vomitted on himself (on his side thank god), lost consciousness and was rushed the the hospital when a security officer found him. he's since lost his RA job, his scholarship and god knows what's going to happen to the sorority
-complained about being forced by our national organization to take a mandatory sexual assault awareness class (this one really pissed me off)
-countless other low-level things that i can't even remember at this point

what the gently caress. if even one thing like that had happened in my day we would've been on our asses so fast our heads would've spun. instead these little brats don't seem to understand consequences. i have no clue what the hell to even do here that will get through to them. it's so loving frustrating. 10 years ago i was busting my rear end to found this fraternity and trying so hard to live up to our standards and not just being another lovely frat where you get drunk and...this is what they turned it into.

they disgust me

:stare:

Holy poo poo, I am truly sorry to hear about all of that. When I was an undergrad we got busted for having a formal with large open containers and our National put us on probation for a semester. I remember the brimstone speech we got from our alumni advisor over that.

I don't even know how to start with that level of fuckery.

Spoeank posted:

lol frats are useless scourges on humanity

Eh I disagree, I still have a ton of people I keep in contact with around the country. A bunch of cool dudes, and a couple of total gently caress ups.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Axeil - if you need a good example to straighten them up just tell them how all greek orgs got banned indefinitely after a kid as drunk as that one you described died in the frat house following a party. His mother was quoted in the grand jury paperwork as saying "he died alone in a room full of people."

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Abandon them to the wolves and let natural selection sort it out

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

seiferguy posted:

It was good. But it wasn't sweep an awards show good.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Axeil - if you need a good example to straighten them up just tell them how all greek orgs got banned indefinitely after a kid as drunk as that one you described died in the frat house following a party. His mother was quoted in the grand jury paperwork as saying "he died alone in a room full of people."

We're in Pennsylvania if you're referring to Penn State. They all know about this! Their primary alumni advisor is the same one I had and he's been telling them about this for months. One of our chapters just got shut down too.

These kids just don't get it. They think they're golden children.

OxySnake posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo, I am truly sorry to hear about all of that. When I was an undergrad we got busted for having a formal with large open containers and our National put us on probation for a semester. I remember the brimstone speech we got from our alumni advisor over that.

I don't even know how to start with that level of fuckery.

Eh I disagree, I still have a ton of people I keep in contact with around the country. A bunch of cool dudes, and a couple of total gently caress ups.

Ugh. Yeah. The really frustrating part is that other than these issues they're one of the top chapters in the country. Excellent grades (better than the general campus average), raise a lot of money for our philanthropy, etc.

It's why it's so hard to get them to listen, they don't realize how easy it is for all that to go away with a single mistake.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Abandon them to the wolves and let natural selection sort it out

If the Eagles make the NFCCG I'm gonna tell 'em to gently caress off because I'm not sacrificing my own happiness to keep policing them.

axeil fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 8, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah FSU greek life is still basically non-existent. It's hard to get through to people that are 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah FSU greek life is still basically non-existent. It's hard to get through to people that are 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

Considering how much poo poo has happened over the past ten years I’m not sure how you can say that

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I haven't kept up with it but Greek life at FSU was toxic when I was there. They were monstrous terrible people

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Considering how much poo poo has happened over the past ten years I’m not sure how you can say that

What i meant was axeil's fratties feel invincible. One of their pledges will obviously never accidentally die after getting drunk at a frat party.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I haven't kept up with it but Greek life at FSU was toxic when I was there. They were monstrous terrible people

It was still the same as it was in the late 00s when you and I were here for undergrad. FSU greek isn't special, though. Greek life is basically identical on any campus.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

What i meant was axeil's fratties feel invincible. One of their pledges will obviously never accidentally die after getting drunk at a frat party.

Here's the amazing thing about their hubris: we lost our charter from 2002-2007 because of people being absolute shitheads. They think their too important to the college and are such an institution and blah, blah. Well when I started at this school our chapter didn't even exist and no one seemed to care. The college itself is getting tougher, and tougher on greek life because shitheads keep doing lovely, stupid things. They are not immune.

God, it's the next day and I'm still so loving angry at them. They've made me look like an idiot for defending them for years and saying "oh no, they do things the right way, they aren't just drunken idiots, etc."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They aren't too important to the school and don't really matter. It's been 3 months since greek life was banned at FSU and there still is no timetable or plan for it to return. FSU continues to function.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
FSU really got dark after i left in 08. Kids accidentally shooting twins, cocaine trafficking, hazing deaths, drinking deaths

Good lord

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't imagine wanting to be part of a frat

or any other kind of club

or have any friends

or have social obligations of any kind now that I think about it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My brother was in a (the?) Jewish fraternity at Michigan, despite the fact that we aren't Jewish. Anyway that's my Greek life story.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

C-Euro posted:

My brother was in a (the?) Jewish fraternity at Michigan, despite the fact that we aren't Jewish. Anyway that's my Greek life story.

Same

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

#NeverForget :911:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/950371619247153154

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I pretty much always assume anything he tweets was a talking point on Fox and Friends

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a whole point wow

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Under slavery black unemployment was 0%

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://theoutline.com/post/2853/fire-and-fury-review-michael-wolff-donald-trump-book

quote:

It would be gauche to suggest that any of Fire and Fury’s juicy bits are shocking. Most feel like statements of the obvious or direct-to-video sequels to beloved Trump gaffes. Trump’s massive suite of verbal tics and neuroses has become the new O.J. Simpson trial — we’re endlessly fascinated by it, and the details have been repeated to us so many times that everyone with a television is half an expert. But seeing it all laid out in narrative form is shocking; the effect is at once unnerving and comical. If you stop thinking about what caused Trump, or what might result from Trump, a simple picture appears: A sad, stupid man with the impulses of a child and the decomposing cortices of a hospice patient, his most repellent tendencies enabled by a cushion of yes-men and inherited wealth, made a deal with the devil in order to drum up PR for a prospective Fox News competitor.

This is a very good review of the book:

quote:

While senility explains some of Trump’s peculiarities, most are rooted in stubbornness, narcissism, and a fundamental antipathy toward learning.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Under slavery black unemployment was 0%

Mel this is a bad joke, even for people like you

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Frats delanda est

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Trump: Hispanics will rally around the GOP

Also Trump: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/08/...e=Homepage&_r=0

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Mel this is a bad joke, even for people like you

I think you misconstrued the point but ymmv

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/axios/status/950137860044320769

"Executive Time"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is he still planning on releasing a bogus totally and completely true medical report showing what great shape he's in this month?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Is he still planning on releasing a bogus totally and completely true medical report showing what great shape he's in this month?

Yep. Same doctor as obama but they are reserving the right to hold back data. Get ready for

"President Donald Trump... male... end of report"

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I need to track down that thread of all the articles where is Trump being talked about like a toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is what I call taking a dump