Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

beat up non-aggressive criminals to save time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shindragon posted:

edit: I like how you can either walk thru or punch everyone in that room.

I'm so poo poo at batman combat I skipped that room.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Now that I think about it, kinda hilarious how Joker was hiding in plainsight the whole time.

Some detective you are Batman.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

something something joke about batman being a mentally stunted manchild

Actually, Batman has had sex, with lots of women, all the women

Bruce Wayne is a virgin tho

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

God damnit, my tinnitus!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Shindragon posted:

Now that I think about it, kinda hilarious how Joker was hiding in plainsight the whole time.

Some detective you are Batman.

batman you suck at detect!!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brother Entropy posted:

beat up non-aggressive criminals to save time

So, Batman.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

as far as i'm concerned batman is powered by his volcelness

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batman doesn't gently caress but his stand, [B R U C E W A Y N E] sure does

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

joker turning into a giant mutant is still a loving dumb end to this

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
It's still amazing just how bad (or at least unfitting) this final boss is.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

asylum is a cool game but goddamn is the final boss comjpletley stupid

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the final boss to this game is complete crap, but it did have actual consequences which is surprising.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

this twist is stolen from tmnt 2 secret of the ooze and furthermore *faaaaaaaart*

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I always try to block this out.I get it, you gotta have Joker be the final boss, but.. Making him into this was dumb.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

[quote="“Brother Entropy”" post="“480030576”"]
asylum is a cool game but goddamn is the final boss comjpletley stupid
[/quote]

it should have just been a fully upgraded batman completely wrecking the joker for an anticlimax

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

*Vote now on your phones*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

joker turning into a giant mutant is still a loving dumb end to this

It's pretty clear some idiot executive was like "we have to have a final boss, and it has to be joker" and they couldn't think of anything bc the central conflict between the joker and Batman is defined by it being not really a physical fight

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Because Bane surely needs steroids.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Oh poo poo, I didn't know that cutscene could change. I've only ever seen it be Scarecrow.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

/\/\/\/\ EDIT: Beaten

Oh wow, I didn't think that post-credit stinger was randomized. I always thought it was Scarecrow who grabs the container.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know that cutscene could change. I've only ever seen it be Scarecrow.

Its fine, they 100% ignore it for the sequel

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The virgin Wayne vs the goddamn chad Batman

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

honestly even with 4 arkham games you could probably count the actually good bosses on one hand

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Barudak posted:

Well, I mean, they have to, because it was randomized

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Jesus that final boss is a load of poo poo. Talk about underwhelming.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah that cliffhanger ending makes no sense considering what City does. Knight does try to do the whole hey Scarecrow is back and he's mad his face got hosed up.. but.. sadly he rarely does anything.

I will give Orgins one thing, they at least let you beat the poo poo out of Joker up. I was so irriated he was in the game again.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It only just now hit me that no Super Metroid means no Animals donation war.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Barudak posted:

Well, I thought it was always Scarecrow, because it was building to Arkham Knight. There's a hidden area in Asylum that teases Arkham City, and likewise, there's a hidden area in City that hints towards Knight.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

Bet it was worth it for all the nerd rage threads for a while where they all went "wtf are you talking about, that's was clearly bane who picked it up, why would killer croc be the sequel's big villain", though.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I digged that run. The way the game is much more focused than Arkham City is still nice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

Well, I mean, they have to, because it was randomized

They could have pulled a "Clue" where they all did it but instead its all about the Joker.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

honestly even with 4 arkham games you could probably count the actually good bosses on one hand

My hands have no fingers

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

It's pretty clear some idiot executive was like "we have to have a final boss, and it has to be joker" and they couldn't think of anything bc the central conflict between the joker and Batman is defined by it being not really a physical fight

fallout-style dialogue battle where not doing a good job convincing him to give up has you fight waves of mooks, done

c’mon you guys this was easy!! it’s the ending to the killing joke and everything (minus the mook waves)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Actually wait I think one of them ends with you just beating up the joker uninhibited so that one was good

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Aw yiss give me that PSIV music.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Co-op LBP could be insane. If I remember correctly, the game is pretty broken at this point. 2 hours though...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

fallout-style dialogue battle where not doing a good job convincing him to give up has you fight waves of mooks, done

c’mon you guys this was easy!! it’s the ending to the killing joke and everything (minus the mook waves)

I wouldn't hate that, I mean the joker in asylum is basically just straight ripped from killing joke anyway

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Mass Effect came out 2 years earlier and had the option of letting you convince the main boss to kill himself/talk him out of it. Fallout 2 did the same thing much earlier, surely they could've done something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

batman is one of the established series that could totally pull off a mass effect/alpha protocol kind of thing where you make dialog choices to define 'your' batman among like, being a strong bruiser or a spooky scary guy or super gadget boy

that telltale batman i got from ps+ probably does something like this but i want it to be an actual game with beating up guys

• Locked thread