Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

mandatory lesbian posted:

Actually wait I think one of them ends with you just beating up the joker uninhibited so that one was good

Yup, Orgins, you go inside the police church, he's right there and Batman just lays him FOTN style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roflan posted:

Mass Effect came out 2 years earlier and had the option of letting you convince the main boss to kill himself/talk him out of it. Fallout 2 did the same thing much earlier, surely they could've done something like that.

You still fight the bosses second phase, though, which felt like a tad bit of a lame cop-out.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Brother Entropy posted:

batman is one of the established series that could totally pull off a mass effect/alpha protocol kind of thing where you make dialog choices to define 'your' batman among like, being a strong bruiser or a spooky scary guy or super gadget boy

that telltale batman i got from ps+ probably does something like this but i want it to be an actual game with beating up guys

that would be a fun as hell game if done well

also god yoshi’s island music kicks rear end

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Looking ahead on schedule;

quote:

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood!

This has probably already been asked but what the gently caress?

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Shindragon posted:

Yup, Orgins, you go inside the police church, he's right there and Batman just lays him FOTN style.

There's so much making GBS threads on Origins for Joker hijacking the plot and not adding much to the combat, but it's still got stronger writing than Knight and City...not to mention it doesn't bring in the goddamned Batmobile.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So who run the Master Blaster 0 bid war?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There should be a Batman RPG.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Internet Kraken posted:

:iiam:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Its an extremely difficult ghouls-and-ghosts inspired in terms of controls platformer slathered in Anime. The game focuses on anthropomorphic penguins who are human souls cast into hell for their sins and cursed to die over, and over, and over again attempting to complete whatever random task the demon they're assigned to decides on.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Barudak posted:

You still fight the bosses second phase, though, which felt like a tad bit of a lame cop-out.

I never actually took that path, so I only know it from hearing of it. Which, I guess, say something about feeling the need for something more substantial than 'talking the bad guy out of it'-- at least for me. Because I like the idea of it but I don't think I'd ever go with it in a combat focused game, and haven't, even in the very rare times it has been possible.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rampant Dwickery posted:

There's so much making GBS threads on Origins for Joker hijacking the plot and not adding much to the combat, but it's still got stronger writing than Knight and City...not to mention it doesn't bring in the goddamned Batmobile.

origins definitely had the best writing, it's not even close. even as the audience knows the big joker reveal is coming, batman's gradual increase in horror is really great

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

There should be a Batman RPG.

just make it a persona ripoff, gently caress around as bruce during the day, beat up supercriminals at night

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roflan posted:

I never actually took that path, so I only know it from hearing of it. Which, I guess, say something about feeling the need for something more substantial than 'talking the bad guy out of it'-- at least for me.

It's kind of dissapointing because it feels like it cheats you. He blows his own brains out, but surprise, puppet boss fight!!! Basically, it should have been the initial warning to everyone that Mass Effect 3 was not going to pan out the way they thought it would.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Brother Entropy posted:

just make it a persona ripoff, gently caress around as bruce during the day, beat up supercriminals at night

Who would be his persona? His dead parents?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

You want to go for S-Links with The Night and Justice ASAP

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Batman is his persona...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Jarogue posted:

So who run the Master Blaster 0 bid war?

Shantae

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

oh boy zelda oot castle sneak music is makin me pretty sleepy

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Internet Kraken posted:

The series starts with you being able to acquire a !Horse Penis, this is not the weirdest thing ATLAS has done.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ApeHawk posted:

azreal :v:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

alright chat thread I need to run in the morning and no way in hell I’m missing aladdin. am I right in assuming that running after aladdin and probably missing out on a bit of the DKC2 race is the right call as opposed to missing DKC1 RBO?

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

alf_pogs posted:

origins definitely had the best writing, it's not even close. even as the audience knows the big joker reveal is coming, batman's gradual increase in horror is really great

Not to mention it's the only game in the series that gives Bane any respect for his mind as depicted in the comics, even as they provide narrative reason for why he's a goddamned moron in every game afterward.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Wait-- this is 2 hours?! Well, I'm off to be-- sleep...

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
45 seconds into LB2 and seeing that 2 hr estimate... uh night everyone

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
69 dollars from anonymous. I lost my virginity to cancer last summer and hardly a day passes that I don't think about it. Put it to runners choice!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah same, i got work tomorrow anyways. It was awesome chatting with ya'll.. See ya maybe around 6 to 7pm tomorrow cuz I know I won't be able to watch during work because my boss is a grumpy douchebag.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

BaconCopter posted:

The series starts with you being able to acquire a !Horse Penis, this is not the weirdest thing ATLAS has done.

:goonsay: Technically, the correct name for the item is 'Horse Wiener'

Also, Atlus is just the publisher. The games are developed by Nippon Ichi Software, though that name might be attributed to Atlus USA's localization team.

If I remember right, the Prinny games are akin to the Ghost & Goblin games.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

BaconCopter posted:

Did you say horse weiner?! Now that's dangerous!

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Not to mention it's the only game in the series that gives Bane any respect for his mind as depicted in the comics, even as they provide narrative reason for why he's a goddamned moron in every game afterward.

Yeah Bane always being portrayed as a meathead is the most annoying thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drat talk about a dead crowd

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Is that ds dad in the front row?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Two hours of an extremely mediocre platformer sequel that hardly anyone remembers? WOOOOOO BOY WE GOTTA BARN BURNER!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Shwqa posted:

Did you say horse weiner?! Now that's dangerous!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yeah, after watching a couple minutes of this run I can tell it's gonna be boring as poo poo, so I'm tapping out for the night.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
There's a tv on the other side of Red Couch, right?

Otherwise Yellow Couch is the worst seat if you wanted to see poo poo.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

drat talk about a dead crowd

close to 1am on day 1, I’m not surprised

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Barudak posted:

Two hours of an extremely mediocre platformer sequel that hardly anyone remembers? WOOOOOO BOY WE GOTTA BARN BURNER!

That's why you get a funny, high energy runner to keep the run interesting.

:geno:

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Those grappling hooks look fun.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Am I the only one who think that Little Big Planet (the first game, at least) has really bad physics and isn't that great?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Am I the only one who think that Little Big Planet (the first game, at least) has really bad physics and isn't that great?

that's a lot of people once the 'you can make your own levels!' novelty wore off

• Locked thread