Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's great! :allears:

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Christ, that rendering of the Harry Potter kids (I'm guessing it's supposed to be Hermione and Ron?) is horrible. I thought the artist traced from photos?
It's kinda amazing in its way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Christ, that rendering of the Harry Potter kids (I'm guessing it's supposed to be Hermione and Ron?) is horrible. I thought the artist traced from photos?

Pretty big smack problem at Hogwarts.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vargo posted:

Hey, Tiggum, you can keep posting these two if you want, but I'm back and can take over the posting duties again.
I just post whatever catches my attention at the time, not a specific list of comics. :shrug:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Nobody said he was good at tracing.

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

:nallears:
Pros and Cons is so close to being consistently good, but then it regularly shits itself whining about people getting offended by things.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

We're going to get peak Gilchrist from here on out, aren't we?

Tiggum posted F Minus apparently unedited so far as I can tell so I'll skip that.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"I mean, just look at all these goddamn muffins! What do you have to be depressed about?"

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

:lol:

Rex Morgan MD

Flash Gordon June 1957

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Peanuts (January 10, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Out Our Way With The Willets/Wash Tubbs On Sunday (February 10 and 17, 1929)

It's a new Sunday feature for a new year! It's time to go back to the source for Rip Haywire: Year One! Let's see how long it takes this brilliant plan to wear me out! (January 5-10, 2009)

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Apparently not *such* a bygone era that they've gotten around to cleaning it up or that it doesn't still smell like torture in there. :catstare:

I do appreciate the Young Frankenstein reference in the middle left panel, though.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Aw, you probably just have rodents in your walls. Which is worse!

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Batuik has been making comics for over 50 years and still hasn’t learned how to properly tell a joke. Astounding.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is in the eye of the beholder.

Working Daze is apparently going to do a retrospective because God hates me.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is a dragon denier.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Frog Applause

Zits

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

I think Mr. Beckwith is my favourite non-mystery teen character.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

You missed the frame of Wikipedia that pops up after her second line.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Heathcliff

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

It looks like we are back for another round of repeats again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

What the gently caress is even happening here? Is it a mediocre loss edit?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Throughout the years, this thread has consistently delivered, pain, angst and anger thanks to such staples of horrible comic strips as Luann, 9CL, Working Daze and numerous others. Yet little treasures like Bad Machinery and Breaking Cat News (or even that strange one about a guy with amnesia stuck in a phone booth) make it all so worthwhile.

(Thank you, lovely and non-lovely comic goons)

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 8, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The good comics are like a welcomed cookie during a thunderstorm.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Say Nothing posted:

What the gently caress is even happening here? Is it a mediocre loss edit?
The police/cia are combing through his house while the media are all parked outside and he's just standing in the middle of all of it not moving, presumably because his whole life has collapsed.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 9-10, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 10, 1996)

Garfield Classic (June 9-10, 1986)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i cant believe they put 'gently caress' in garfield

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, Garfield just fingered Nermal so it only makes sense.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Garfs Gone Wild

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mokotow posted:

Throughout the years, this thread has consistently delivered, pain, angst and anger thanks to such staples of horrible comic strips as Luann, 9CL, Working Daze and numerous others. Yet little treasures like Bad Machinery and Breaking Cat News (or even that strange one about a guy with amnesia stuck in a phone booth) make it all so worthwhile.

RandomPauI posted:

The good comics are like a welcomed cookie during a thunderstorm.
I'm glad to do my bit for the thread. Plus it gives me an excuse to reread classic Bad Machinery.

I salute those goons who are having to actively seek out the bad strips to inflictshare them with the rest of us!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

After so many years of mooching off, I think I can start contributing myself. I’ll post the Polish Prof. Filutek by Zbigniew Lengren (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Lengren), the first comic strip I ever saw, sometime in the mid-eighties. Many years later I realized it was running all the way since 1948, having ended in the late nineties. It was published in Przekroj, an inteligencja-oriented weekly - the only such publication in postwar and communist Poland. Prof. Filutek is an elderly, bearded gentleman (as a kid, I thought he’s a duck), who owns a small dog. That’s it, really.

Prof. Filutek (Feb. 1st 1948)

The writing on the wall basically says “Johnney iz azzwhipe”. To corrections made by Filutek look like what a Polish teacher would do on a typical student paper, noting “ort” for ortographic errors and “nd.” for “fail”.

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 8, 2018

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Mokotow posted:

After so many years of mooching off, I think I can start contributing myself. I’ll post the Polish Prof. Filutek by Zbigniew Lengren (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Lengren), the first comic strip I ever saw, sometime in the mid-eighties. Many years later I realized it was running all the way since 1948, having ended in the late nineties. It was published in Przekroj, an inteligencja-oriented weekly - the only such publication in postwar and communist Poland. Prof. Filutek is an elderly, bearded gentleman (as a kid, I thought he’s a duck), who owns a small dog. That’s it, really.

Prof. Filutek (Feb. 1st 1948)

The writing on the wall basically says “Johnney iz azzwhipe”. To corrections made by Filutek look like what a Polish teacher would do on a typical student paper, noting “ort” for ortographic errors and “nd.” for “fail”.

Looking forward to this.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Dustin

Mandrake

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Most kids finish growing their baby teeth by about age three.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In the lost fourth panel, Ed comes in and says "that's still more than I get from Dustin after growing him for 20 years."

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Ham Shears

The Creeps

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

Bonus: An interview Jim Keefe did when he started working on Flash Gordon back in 1996.

2005 Spiderman

The Amazing Florida Man Bruce Banner

Magnificatz

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Haifisch posted:

The Amazing Contaminated Operating Room

Uhhhhh, I haven't been paying attention to Spider-Man, but wouldn't Bruce Banner be basically the last person you'd want to give a transfusion? If I recall, that's how She-Hulk got her powers.

edit: Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bobulus posted:

Uhhhhh, I haven't been paying attention to Spider-Man, but wouldn't Bruce Banner be basically the last person you'd want to give a transfusion? If I recall, that's how She-Hulk got her powers.

edit: Yep.

Yeah, and despite AB- being rare, he can accept any RH- blood type, so it's especially dumb.