Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Internet Kraken posted:

My "favorite" thing about Japanese devs is that they always seem to give characters exactly one voice line that they spam with every single attack.

Dood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

Is there an easy way to find the vods for runs Blechy has commented? I need something more fun than this run.

Also are there any other commentators out there as good as Blechy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=804&v=RKsjIqQeCYw

Because Strider.

TheMopeSquad fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 8, 2018

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Dood..

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Gotta have guts dood

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

The 1000 lives makes sense since Disgaea was a game where you could level into the millions with similar stats. But prinnys were just meme lords that said d00d all the time-- where does the sexualization come from?

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

You know, I happened upon the run of the first game in this series at a GDQ a while ago because I've been watching YT vods of old GDQs in the last two-ish weeks and I think it's p fascinating that they made pretty much exactly the same game, same assets and all, slapped a two on it and called it a day.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Roflan posted:

The 1000 lives makes sense since Disgaea was a game where you could level into the millions with similar stats. But prinnys were just meme lords that said d00d all the time-- where does the sexualization come from?
Video games are terrible, d00d!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

This game is literally making me nauseous. That or the nachos and soda I had for dinner about five or six hours ago. But it's probably the run.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

How do these people not know what prinnies are? Prinnies are human souls paying off their karmic debt either as servants in heaven or slaves in the Netherworld. Naturally they're paid peanuts (or sardines) so they rarely get to move on, with the excuse of "they deserve it or they wouldn't be here."

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
This run is making me want to get a Japanese PS3 and import a copy of Idolm@ster 2

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

abraxas posted:

You know, I happened upon the run of the first game in this series at a GDQ a while ago because I've been watching YT vods of old GDQs in the last two-ish weeks and I think it's p fascinating that they made pretty much exactly the same game, same assets and all, slapped a two on it and called it a day.

Well, yeah, but it was called Lost Levels over here.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Unreal_One posted:

Heh heh heh I see what you did there.... well played, sir.

On a more serious note, I get what you're saying but I mean, one's a 2010 game and one's... not.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

they still haven't freed the plebs? gdq without racist transphobic garbage people just ain't gdq imo. ya take the good with the bad. mostly bad. all bad. but still.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Ceramics posted:

they still haven't freed the plebs? gdq without racist transphobic garbage people just ain't gdq imo. ya take the good with the bad. mostly bad. all bad. but still.

But when they take away the bad there is only good instead and that is good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Looks like a prinny hit the stream server.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Gotta have frames Dood

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ceramics posted:

They're not going to.

Stream crashed.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Mercy killing

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Freeing the plebs cant make the chat any less readable than it already is, dood

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I've got some rare items, dood.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ceramics posted:

Because it's a charity event that is getting more attention with every year, and having a sidebar full of the internet's worst is loving embarrassing (among other reasons).

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Roflan posted:

Prinnies are literally the embodied souls of dead sinners who are being punished in their afterlife. You get your soul sewn into that costume and are forced to work as a slave for an angel or devil as your atonement. Etna uses them as her own personal army.

The original Prinny game was about her forcing them to collect ingredients for a dessert, or die trying. P2 is the exact same thing, just sillier.

e:fb

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

OK homies I gotta go work like a slave for like 10 hours so I will have to experience GDQ vicariously through all of you and this thread. Please keep being awesome ok thanks <3

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Unreal_One posted:

Hell, even Lost Levels had different level assets.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
as hosed up as this game's premise is, i'm legit impressed at how easy the dood is making it look because this game would ruin me

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

abraxas posted:

OK homies I gotta go work like a slave for like 10 hours so I will have to experience GDQ vicariously through all of you and this thread. Please keep being awesome ok thanks <3

Greetings.... TO Germany :getin:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
ERIE ERIE

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Super Duper Demon Battle

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
what the gently caress is this super duper demon battle

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

this is some hosed up poo poo

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
one of the better runs of the day

not saying much but yeah

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
good night goons i'm out to sleep, will check back in when I get to work at Amazon's offices peace d00ds ~~

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

lol that ending

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
That was fun and cute.

Which was worse: f zero or little big planet?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

thuly posted:

That was fun and cute.

Which was worse: f zero or little big planet?

LBP, imo. F-Zero at least had nice visuals. LBP not so much.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

I want to stay up for Battleblock but I cannot. Goodnight, goons!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
drat, Goldeneye N64 had some great music.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Lobster posted:

Serious time guys. My friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer. He loves getting cards from all around the world, it's his "thing." Please draw a poop emoji on it, that will make him even happier! I'm going to be posting this every so often throughout the week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

Looks like it is time for me to head out too. I'll quote this one last time for the night.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I just remember them being fodder that filled out my roster early in the game until I got units that din't suck. But I only played Disgaea 1 and a bit of 2, 15 years ago..?! OMG I'm old! ...And can't sleep for my 10am doctor appointment tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Goodnight crew. I'm leaving the stream running overnight so I can sleep in fits and starts with AGDQ in between like some hosed up fever dream

• Locked thread