Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Alehkhs posted:

I guess I should check this show out, eh?

Other than the fact they keep everybody split up so they can save money by not using everybody every episode I like it quite a lot. The action is good to great, the Van Helsing sisters are pretty drat badass and other than being a little repetitious the story line is solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Ghost Wars is all over the place plotwise. Like Blood Drive, it started as one thing and turned into another. Bring back that show where all the apocalypses happen at once.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The last two episodes of Ghost Wars have gotten especially apocalyptic with things hitting a tipping point and just about all the side characters dying off (or possessed by the angry dead.)

(Also Ryan Robbins)

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

wormil posted:

Ghost Wars is all over the place plotwise. Like Blood Drive, it started as one thing and turned into another. Bring back that show where all the apocalypses happen at once.

Wasnt that literally named Apocalypse? lol that it was only about a year ago and it's already all but forgotten

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aftermath, it ended with Anne Heche's character being sucked up into a sky hole that had previously killed everyone else who went into it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I want to like Ghost Wars and I was really digging the earlier vibe, but I want more fracturing into the ghost dimension and less pod people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, they're currently all dead, so there's that.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Aftermath, it ended with Anne Heche's character being sucked up into a sky hole that had previously killed everyone else who went into it.

I think that reporter came back for a few minutes before getting sucked back in.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Aftermath was my favorite show until they tried to have plot. If it had been one apocalypse after another, heaping Lovecraftian suffering onto the cast, I would watch it forever. Same with Blood Drive, all they had to do was Cannonball Run with cars eating people and it would have been successful. All that other business about the sister was unnecessary.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Finally caught up with Van Helsing's last few episodes. That Vanessa alone episode loving ruled, holy poo poo. And I totally buy that this show could kill her off.

Paul Johansen's actually a pretty great director too.

That final scene was... not good. Like five straight minutes of slow motion accompanied by badly dubbed ADR, because... reasons? Very strange.

Show had been so much fun though. Dragons!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have to imagine that the new season of Channel Zero is coming sooner rather than later considering how much they're advertising it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I have to imagine that the new season of Channel Zero is coming sooner rather than later considering how much they're advertising it.

Early '18 yeah. poo poo I still gotta watch No End House

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Catching up on Van Helsing, totally called the new girls arc after 32 seconds. New Girl is Missy Peregrym, double awesome.

Axel totally slides out of his bloody wet clothes and into a dry martini.

They have amped the gore up to 11 this season, and i love it. Old mate having his jaw ripped off was a nice touch.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Ghost Wars has been constantly frustrating in terms of everyone's reasoning skills and interacting with each other, the only way I can pretend anything makes sense is if the earthquake caused some massive gas leak and everyone in town is operating on just enough oxygen to stay conscious

also hilarious that the origin of the alien life force with a telepathic link and quick regeneration was revealed to be a holographic Borg Cube

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm debating on whether to continue watching Ghost Wars. I would have quit already if it required any effort but I've been playing it in the morning and half paying attention while I make coffee and check emails. I don't even know what's going on anymore. How many episodes are there? It has to be about done.

edit; my family hates Happy! Sort of. My wife seems amused by it and admits it's well done but hates it for some reason. She still will sit and watch the whole episode though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

wormil posted:

I'm debating on whether to continue watching Ghost Wars. I would have quit already if it required any effort but I've been playing it in the morning and half paying attention while I make coffee and check emails. I don't even know what's going on anymore. How many episodes are there? It has to be about done.

edit; my family hates Happy! Sort of. My wife seems amused by it and admits it's well done but hates it for some reason. She still will sit and watch the whole episode though.
It's like Sin City meets Roger Rabbit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm enjoying Happy! but I feel like its being hurt by me not binging. I'm not sure there's enough there to keep my engaged for 7 days at a time.

Ghost Wars and Superstition I might binge when they pop up on Netflix or something. But I have a bunch of other shows on my short list right now. I might give Van Helsing a rewatch and S2 a go if I decide not to depress myself with Shameless.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Van Helsing, Ghost Wars, and Superstition all end next week, so I'll see them through to the end. I don't expect Ghost Wars or Superstition to see a 2nd season.

I have similar thoughts about Happy! I'm enjoying it, but I feel it should be one 6 hour fever dream binge.

Also, not knowing the comic, is this a one and done thing? It seems like it would be hard to stretch the premise beyond the current story line since Happy is her imaginary friend.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 26, 2017

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

According to the showrunner, there’s a three-season arc planned out.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Finished Happy! basically what would happen if you mixed a 80s revenge movie with the craziness of the Crank movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They did a pretty good job with the body swap stuff on tonight's Ghost Wars. Like the guy playing Norm as possessed by Billy really matched his mannerisms.

Also am I the only person who has been enjoying the news stuff with Jackie?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Finished Happy! basically what would happen if you mixed a 80s revenge movie with the craziness of the Crank movies.

but there is most of a season still?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Channel Zero: Butcher's Block
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNuMqj20cZ4
Feb 7th.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Ghost Wars has added yet another plot element. Now it's aliens.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
So I've been binging through Wynonna Earp and I'm loving the hell out of this show. It's a really fun supernatural adventure show. It's pretty hot. And I'm just having a blast watching it. I just finished episode 5 of season 2, and I'm wondering if we're supposed to recognize the dude who was killed by the Fraternal Order at the very beginning of the episode? I mean, besides being another extension of Mictian--was he some guy we met earlier in the series?

Depending on how the rest of season 2 goes, I reckon I might make a thread for the show. Is there much interest in it 'round these parts?

bou
Aug 3, 2006

i still got the archived thread in my bookmarks
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823157

...and if i interpret this correctly, season 3 is already in the box?

https://twitter.com/WynonnaEarp/status/923990346551394304

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Pity, would be nice to have a dedicated place to discuss this show here. Alas! Guess the interest wasn't there :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bou posted:

i still got the archived thread in my bookmarks
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823157

...and if i interpret this correctly, season 3 is already in the box?

https://twitter.com/WynonnaEarp/status/923990346551394304

Yeah, Beau Smith (the creator) has been pretty free with details on Facebook. I think he said they have some pickups to do and a few establishing shots but the cast has wrapped. Everyone watch WE, Beau's the best and deserves the recognition for it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm catching up with Travellers, i'm on episode 6... MAN!

They loaded this season with all the awesome.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Yeah I started season two of Travellers and it's really good.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Best part of Ghost Wars was the last two minutes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wormil posted:

Best part of Ghost Wars was the last two minutes.

yeah wtf?????????????????????? like what??? tf??

like where did that motivation come from? just a life time of pent up 'gently caress these hick assholes' I guess lmao

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah wtf?????????????????????? like what??? tf??

like where did that motivation come from? just a life time of pent up 'gently caress these hick assholes' I guess lmao

I mean, like, they killed his mum and pretended for years that she was still alive. Roman was surprisingly chill about it, all things considered.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
In retrospect it all makes sense. The town was full of assholes anyway.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The bug man on Happy was all sorts of what the gently caress. I love this show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It wasn't even a bug man. It was a bug man in a bug people sex club. There's apparently an entire society of man sized cockaroaches who run organized crime in New York City.

I was a little on the fence about Happy! as it wasn't keeping me engaged week to week but then I finally got around to watching this last episode last night and... what the gently caress?

I guess I'm in now just for the sakes of seeing what the gently caress.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

wormil posted:

In retrospect it all makes sense. The town was full of assholes anyway.

Yea when he wasn't at the party it took them about 30 seconds to start yelling and screaming about not trusting him. There's no doubt the survivors of this would have gone right back to treating him like poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm excite. Downloading now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

My favorite thing happened this episode. Tony, the script supervisor, was the guy who would read Happy’s lines to Chris while we were shooting and would get super into it, which was a huge help for Chris. So the producers actually gave him a character to voice (Captain Pancake).