Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

theres a reason for that, its reagan's speech announcing he was running for president

well then I got owned I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hey guys, its time to talk some game theory.

If the left / berniecrats / DSA do sweep a bunch of seats in 2018 would that give enough critical mass to call a election in the DNC to reform it and unseat Tom Perez? What did you have to do and be to get a vote in that election anyways?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Feldegast42 posted:

Hey guys, its time to talk some game theory.

If the left / berniecrats / DSA do sweep a bunch of seats in 2018 would that give enough critical mass to call a election in the DNC to reform it and unseat Tom Perez? What did you have to do and be to get a vote in that election anyways?

I think at that point you just ignore him and the DNC in general.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
And the Dems responding to the election of Trump with "what if we elected a minority talk show host billionaire instead" is perfectly bad dem.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

Jill Stein sat at a table with Putin once :supaburn:

e: you guys don't understand, they were at a table

who knows what they talked about at that table :tinfoil:
Just remember it's most likely projection.

They believe if Hillary was at that table some wheeling and dealing would've went on because that's how things are
So if it's an obviously course of action, of course others would do it.
Others in competition to Hillary, who we know is to save America that is already great
Competition colluding with parties to bring down the great scion

Thus: Jill/Bernie are russian agents

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/950388151285178369

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Trump gets his daily intelligence briefing and priority list from Fox and Friends. Where would Oprah get hers from?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thoguh posted:

Trump gets his daily intelligence briefing and priority list from Fox and Friends. Where would Oprah get hers from?

The View?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/vs_cointelpro/status/950389587230318594

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/950101983377199105

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nina Turner or bust, 2020

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

This is basically a 1990s-era Republican manifesto, but the federal government is run by idiots now so I guess states' rights is the progressive wave of the future

In a federalist system, state's rights have always been very important. Only idiots assume that one or the other is bad.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

etalian posted:

lmao let's pitch about bringing fiber to rural areas instead of worrying about things like food, jobs or medical care.
just a reminder that Clinton's '96 telecomms deregulation bill contributed to America having now one of the worst internet services and accessibility in the developed world while allowing telecomm monopolies to charge absurd hundreds of billions of economic rents because of the lifting of price controls

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mister Fister posted:

It is my dream to one day become a captain of industry so i can redistribute my wealth to people who do personal services for me all day long.

Marx would be proud.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

smh peacocks are the pretty ones.......

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
turkeys are amazing, warrior amazons

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

One time my wife and I were stalked through a centuries-old graveyard by a gang of turkeys

and that was weird but it really would have been a lot weirder if it was peacocks

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/950396990013263874

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I want it to be Oprah/Sanders 2020 now, just to see the maximum number of brains shatter into the maximum number of pieces.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

This is basically a 1990s-era Republican manifesto, but the federal government is run by idiots now so I guess states' rights is the progressive wave of the future
Each level of government has it's own niche and intended oversight

Consolidating datacenterspower to the messy slow bureaucratic machine of the federal government for many things is authoritarian and inefficient.

Also republicans are for big government if they are in control, but not when they are not in control.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

docbeard posted:

I want it to be Oprah/Sanders 2020 now, just to see the maximum number of brains shatter into the maximum number of pieces.

this would end the democrats

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I bet Kamala Harris is probably freaking out right now about the potential Oprah run.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/950399941721100288

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this would end the democrats

I'm sure there'd be a down side to it too, though.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

given the fervor of the nation at the time, and the information being shared by the intelligence community, this was merely a reasonable position based on the desires of her audience. It wasn't her fault that she was mislead!

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
Democrats 2016: Lol no way a reality tv show host can be president

Democrats 2018: Lets see, we have a tv talk show host we can run, or a wrestler/movie star, or a hip hop artist, or....

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

USSAr posted:

Democrats 2018: Lets see, we have a tv talk show host we can run, or a wrestler/movie star, or a hip hop artist, or....

"Aren't the majority of these people registered Republicans though?"

"Who cares, they tweet criticisms of Trump all the time #resistance"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

USSAr posted:

Dems 2020: Anyone oh god anyone so we don't have to actually nominate a non-centrist.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Succcccccccc

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/950400729222610945

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Ezra Klein is the worst lib and it's not even a close contest

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ezra's right that a lot of people would prefer to be able to tune out politics, but

1. if you encourage that tendency, those people won't vote
2. you need to meet their basic human needs in order for them to be able to tune out politics

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"I actually don't care what the President does as long as it's not cable-news clickbait fodder"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

is ezra anticipating a Tim Kaine/Tim Kaine 2020 ticket

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/alanamassey/status/950371621054885889

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

i'm concerned about his "anything less than best is a felony" crime platform tbh

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this came about when an astroturfed oprah for pres twitter movement happened last night on twitter bc of the golden globes or something, hence why i made that joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

just a reminder that hillary has lost every election not rigged in her favor

• Locked thread