Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
who would you have instead of Can

e sniper snypa hell yea sniped this page, get in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lucas Leiva.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Whatever happened to Jay Spearing?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Whatever happened to Jay Spearing?

He works at Gringotts now

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Liverpool should poach Coquelin from Arsenal. he’s a good fit for their need.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Buy Nigel de Jong and have him break everyone’s legs

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mascherano isn't getting many games for Barcelona this season. Can he still play midfield?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Shrapnig posted:

Lucas Leiva.

A fully fit Lucas would be so perfect for this team it's a shame he's a broken miss of a player :(

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
lars bender pls

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

A fully fit Lucas would be so perfect for this team it's a shame he's a broken miss of a player :(

He's remained healthy and has been really good for Lazio.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I wonder how the Milan Badelj saga is gonna work out.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

He's remained healthy and has been really good for Lazio.

Yeah he's been great; certainly better than Biglia has been for Milan, which is who he replaced!

Speaking of Lazio, it looks like they've signed Caceres from Hellas

https://twitter.com/OfficialSSLazio/status/950339356224638976

There were a lot of teams in Italy that were considering signing him over the summer but were worried about him being insane and injury prone. He's proved himself at Verona even if they're loving garbage, so I'm not really surprised someone made a move. Just a one year contract too, good bit of business.

Soulex posted:

I wonder how the Milan Badelj saga is gonna work out.

Poorly for everyone involved I imagine.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh this again.
https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/950417262326026240

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I’m glad that Arsenal really showed everyone by holding out this summer.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

Speaking of Lazio, it looks like they've signed Caceres from Hellas

https://twitter.com/OfficialSSLazio/status/950339356224638976

There were a lot of teams in Italy that were considering signing him over the summer but were worried about him being insane and injury prone. He's proved himself at Verona even if they're loving garbage, so I'm not really surprised someone made a move. Just a one year contract too, good bit of business.

How many clubs has that guy been with now? His agent must love him.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Can is not very good. I've said it many times but he's the kind of player who believes he's amazing at everything so he's willing to try those worldy goals and insane passes, and 1 time out of 10 they work and he looks like a highlight reel genius, but the other 9 times he just loses possession with a dumb dribble or shot into the stands or pass over someone's head.

Someone has to fill the wayward hollywood pass role vacated by Gerrard

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Emre Can looks like Sami Khedira and the reason everyone thinks they play similarly is a because of racism.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
liverpool should loan sturridge to newcastle imo

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i for one am surprised to learn that Khedira is only 30

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The clear replacement for Emre Can is Marko Gruijic who has featured for Liverpool in the EPL for a duration of ... 13 minutes? Woof.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Slotducks posted:

The clear replacement for Emre Can is Marko Gruijic who has featured for Liverpool in the EPL for a duration of ... 13 minutes? Woof.

Grujic does have smouldering eyes and is even more reckless with his tackling, so this checks out.

In all seriousness, I don't know what the heck Liverpool are going to do with that kid.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kcer posted:

who would you have instead of Can

e sniper snypa hell yea sniped this page, get in

idk man im not a scout but ive watched can play for years and he just isn't very good so someone else i guess? :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm glad that after telling benitez in the summer he can spend everything made in sales he didn't let this happen and is not giving any transfer funds this window either

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I'm glad that after telling benitez in the summer he can spend everything made in sales he didn't let this happen and is not giving any transfer funds this window either

Maybe a fiver for Colback, who is still alive

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I forgot he was still a Newcastle player

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I still don’t know what happened to him but it must be bad since Saivet is ahead of him

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The best transfer gossip is Mitrovic off to Mexico, where he would surely get murdered and/or start a riot

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope that Arsenal do some transfer stuff to try to stop their slow lurch towards catastrophe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't think wenger is going to walk

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I still don’t know what happened to him but it must be bad since Saivet is ahead of him

he refused to leave because "he didn't want to dislodge his family from up here" i.e. we pay him too much, so he got banished to the development squad

supposedly there was a deal to send him on loan to boro (maybe?) a few windows ago but he said no to that too, despite his local bullshit

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sandro is signing with Benevento tomorrow, as in the guy that used to be with Spurs and QPR.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Liverpool should bring in Alex Song

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Can could be good if he found some consistency. He's got everything you want in a central midfielder; he's strong, good in the air, good in the tackle, good close control, powerful shot, decent short and long passer...he just seems to take the wrong option a bit too much. Personally I'd rather we keep him as he's always fit, versatile, and could potentially get a lot better but I'm not going to shed too many tears should (when) he goes.

I think Henderson is the one that needs replacing in the midfield more than anything. Like Can, there is a player in him, but he has long patches of being bad for us and they're fast becoming about the same as his long patches of being good. I think that heel injury will always stop him from being consistent and he lacks the defensive properties that we'd ideally have as the deepest of the three midfielders.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cool now apparently newcastle have to sell players before they can buy anyone thanks mike ashley

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Henderson has that loving annoying trait that Gerrard had where if Liverpool are behind in a game he would take it upon himself to try win it and just shoot whenever he gets the ball.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Wow if only Liverpool had a completely selfless midfielder who is 8/10 in everything and would calmly direct a team towards victory, a premier league winner completely unfazed by any challenge put before him...

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/manchester-city-agreement-reached-for-arsenals-alexis-sanchez-the-figures

Is Di Marzio usually accurate?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

For Italian stuff, yeah. But he’s not particularly good outside of Italy.

Seems like Sanchez to City for a fee in this area is definitely happening, though. I just hope Wengy wraps it up soon so that Arsenal can get some players in.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Wow if only Liverpool had a completely selfless midfielder who is 8/10 in everything and would calmly direct a team towards victory, a premier league winner completely unfazed by any challenge put before him...

I think Ji Sung Park has retired m8

blue footed boobie posted:

so that Arsenal can get some players in.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Him to City has been rumored for a while. They could offer him more money than probably any club short of maybe PSG.

• Locked thread