Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a neat cape posted:

If American Idol is any indication, more people would vote

to be fair, that stat is bogus because Idol lets you vote repeatedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

to be fair, that stat is bogus because Idol lets you vote repeatedly

Guess you aren't in the Soros club. :smug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This seems like a smart plan but you know Rodman would play for Korea. All Stars vs Monstars all over again.

drat, if Space Jam 2 isn't exactly this I'm gonna be very mad irl

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Guess you aren't in the Soros club. :smug:

Looking forward to Kris Kobach finding this post and citing it as proof of massive voter fraud.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

Speaking of I read this blurb this morning:

All those black folks who came out to vote? Yeah they didn't matter at all, we don't need to worry about appealing to them. Oh and it didn't help us that we were running against the least electable man in the world.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

All those black folks who came out to vote? Yeah they didn't matter at all, we don't need to worry about appealing to them. Oh and it didn't help us that we were running against the least electable man in the world.

loving Christ their ability to take away the stupidest lessons from elections is more infuriating then the evil that is the RNC. Just pure incompetence/hubris at the top of the party.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

Holy poo poo goddammit you idiots. You loving imbeciles.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Smh at all the people in here who didn't think of Kaepernick for President.

With vice president Marshawn Lynch

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
hello?

it's me, dog

https://twitter.com/verge/status/950351406585741312

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

When I want a day to just gently caress around at work from home, which is usually on Friday, I schedule "admin time" so that I can do administrative stuff like fill out client visits in sales force or put together my schedule for next week or any other bullshit I can come up with that I've already done so it looks like i'm busy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

When I want a day to just gently caress around at work from home, which is usually on Friday, I schedule "admin time" so that I can do administrative stuff like fill out client visits in sales force or put together my schedule for next week or any other bullshit I can come up with that I've already done so it looks like i'm busy

"Database updates" are my favorite time of the week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

If you had to select an athlete to be pres who would you choose

Monty Brewster

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

C-Euro posted:

How do we get money out of politics? I know, let's elect two different billionaires to be president. We are a smart country.

well, one of them is actually a self-made billionaire and not a "billionaire" that's primary motivation for running and winning was self enrichment.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

This graph excludes his tweets, which makes it funnier

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Excluding the tweets doesn't seem like good analysis. Fake news.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
NPR just sent me an email that says

"❤ The most romantic Prince Albert moments"

Someone on their media team needs to check urbandictionary real quick

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I don't think Oprah would want to crush the poors, especially considering her charity is primarily focused on helping impoverished kids in Africa.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Holy poo poo goddammit you idiots. You loving imbeciles.

Watching the Dems gently caress this up and lose in 2018 in easily the thing I’m looking forward to the most.

And by looking forward I mean dread.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

NPR just sent me an email that says

"❤ The most romantic Prince Albert moments"

Someone on their media team needs to check urbandictionary real quick
ahahaha

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

seiferguy posted:

I don't think Oprah would want to crush the poors, especially considering her charity is primarily focused on helping impoverished kids in Africa.

I don't care. A billionaire who's never been in government is not the solution to our many issues particularly inequality concerns.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sometimes I am split between my beliefs as a feminist and leftist and how much I loving hate mandatory online sexual violence courses

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don't care. A billionaire who's never been in government is not the solution to our many issues particularly inequality concerns.
Somewhat related: the big reason that JB Pritzker is the Democratic candidate for the Illinois Governor election is because he comes from a wealthy family. While I agree with a lot of his stances on issues, it sends the wrong message that you can't go anywhere in politics unless you come from money, otherwise Ameya Pawar (who could only muster up just over $800K in campaign funds) would still be in the race. Pritzker is a loving billionaire.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

piss tape israel posted:

Somewhat related: the big reason that JB Pritzker is the Democratic candidate for the Illinois Governor election is because he comes from a wealthy family. While I agree with a lot of his stances on issues, it sends the wrong message that you can't go anywhere in politics unless you come from money, otherwise Ameya Pawar (who could only muster up just over $800K in campaign funds) would still be in the race. Pritzker is a loving billionaire.

Yea this is a huge issue the party has right now. They're still far too tied to money and money is inherently for protecting the status quo. The positive here is that there's a lot of movement happening on this front for the downballot positions which means there should be more "regular" people running for Senate and governorship in the future.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/950458574555160577

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Watching the Dems gently caress this up and lose in 2018 in easily the thing I’m looking forward to the most.

And by looking forward I mean dread.

gonna own when they lose 2 impossible to lose election cycles from sheer stupidity and arrogance.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell yeah Gorka, you're the best dumbass nazi since Colonel Klink.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Good work Dragon of Budapast

GORKAAAAAA

Edit

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/950463395152711680

U S A! U S A!!!

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 8, 2018

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Spoeank posted:

gonna own when they lose 2 impossible to lose election cycles from sheer stupidity and arrogance.

I am considering learning how to speak some kinda Viking language so I can move to Scandinavia and live out my days in comfort as the world burns

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

remember when Gorka wanted to make the big issue of the 2016 election vaping

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
if u ain't white u ain't right :grin:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Dems under Tom Perez have been silently organizing a strategic apparatus from ground zero that is already bearing fruit in statewide elections. I'm giving them some credit that they know what they are doing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
James Damore is suing Google for discriminating against conservative white men :qq:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

seiferguy posted:

James Damore is suing Google for discriminating against conservative white men :qq:

Is he the guy who got fired over the leaked memo?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yup

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Dems under Tom Perez have been silently organizing a strategic apparatus from ground zero that is already bearing fruit in statewide elections. I'm giving them some credit that they know what they are doing.

In all my life I will never again assume the Dems know what they are doing.

I will continue to hope that the GOP think they know what they are doing by continuing to run the most unelectable people imaginable.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

OxySnake posted:

In all my life I will never again assume the Dems know what they are doing.

I will continue to hope that the GOP think they know what they are doing by continuing to run the most unelectable people imaginable.

This. The Democrats have earned hefty skepticism for all eternity after 2016. Yes the current strategy Tom Perez appears to be instituting is a good thing at this point in time. Hopefully they don't veer off as they get into national elections.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is he the guy who got fired over the leaked memo?

you mean FIRED 4 TRUTH

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/brosandprose/status/950432755141300224

quote:

The suit isn’t the only one Google is having to defend itself against. In September, three female former Google employees filed a lawsuit against the company, saying it pays women at all levels of the company less than men, as well as assigns them lower job tiers with less opportunity for upward mobility. Last month, a fourth complainant joined their suit.

I bet a good lawyer could get both of these thrown out on the basis of both of them existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Btw, you know how great white dudes are at co-opting movements to enrich and empower themselves? They've somehow twisted identity politics and discrimination protections to argue that they should be protected from all the "discrimination" (read: normal disagreements) they encounter.