Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

As I recall the comment was something like "I guess you weren't ready for Asuka" which is like, the biggest nothing of an insult anyone could manage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Chris James 2 posted:

It was a reign, Ember. I look forward to your trios team in the Rumble

I just imagined a scenario where Asuka tears through the Rumble before Ember surprise enters at 30, then they have like a 25 minute long burner.. only Ember gets the elimination on Asuka. Now it's the only thing I want. Ember could use Asuka's aggressiveness to bait her into getting sent over the top. I'd love the angle to be booked so that Ember wins the title (at WM) before Asuka, so you aren't just retelling the NXT angle, but elaborating on it by putting the strap on the woman who could never beat Asuka and having her defend. The only way this is bad is that Asuka wouldn't have an obvious place at WM, but I'm sure they could find a space for her before the SummerSlam match with Ember.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 7, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

I just imagined a scenario where Asuka tears through the Rumble before Ember surprise enters at 30, then they have like a 25 minute long burner.. only Ember gets the elimination on Asuka. Now it's the only thing I want. Ember could use Asuka's aggressiveness to bait her into getting sent over the top. I'd love the angle to be booked so that Ember wins the title (at WM) before Asuka, so you aren't just retelling the NXT angle, but elaborating on it by putting the strap on the woman who could never beat Asuka and having her defend. The only way this is bad is that Asuka wouldn't have an obvious place at WM, but I'm sure they could find a space for her before the SummerSlam match with Ember.

Full heel Asuka, have her threaten and cajole her way to getting the belt before WM. Ember has her triumph over Asuka at the RR, Asuka still looks terrifying by ripping through everyone else, and Ember then gets to look like a good babyface by winning at WM.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince isn't giving Wrestlemania to 2 recent NXT call-ups.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Not when Shane has to get a match in.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Also Ember is dead on arrival when she hits the main roster. Not because of WWE booking, but because she's still so bad on the mic. Asuka can coast by because of her charisma currently (although its barely coasting at this time), but Ember won't be able to do that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So is Bayley and sh-

Hmm.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"Excellent question, Naomi."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
EDIT: Wrong thread, stupid tabbed browsing

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 8, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Vince also isn't giving enough time to the women for that story to have any impact but its fun to pretend.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gumball Gumption posted:

Vince also isn't giving enough time to the women for that story to have any impact but its fun to pretend.

Yeah, I just would like to think that they would be smart enough to continue that story, because drat if that last takeover wasn't incredible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The ones booking Wrestlemania probably didn't even see that match.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Asuka number1 ember moon number 30

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think its a safe assumption that any NXT talent that shows up will probably get dumped pretty soon after they make their entrance.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't imagine NXT sends any important stars to the Rumble, it's just gonna be bodies to pad out the insane number they picked for some reason.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

I can't imagine NXT sends any important stars to the Rumble, it's just gonna be bodies to pad out the insane number they picked for some reason.

I can see them sending in some people like Kairi, Iconic Duo, etc. But I don't see any of them lasting more than a few minutes. Especially since they don't have Takeover matches scheduled.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

I just imagined a scenario where Asuka tears through the Rumble before Ember surprise enters at 30, then they have like a 25 minute long burner..

:psyduck:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This sounds like hell

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DarkstarIV posted:

I can see them sending in some people like Kairi, Iconic Duo, etc. But I don't see any of them lasting more than a few minutes. Especially since they don't have Takeover matches scheduled.

I've been saying the Iconic Duo were debuting at the Rumble for months and I still think it's an alright and fair debut for them if they play it up.

Edit- Iconic were meant to toss Becky out at the debut Women's Rumble.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 8, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Not impossible. I think there was one year where Shawn and Taker did that. Ended up as the final two and then went like 15 minutes.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Gaz-L posted:

Not impossible. I think there was one year where Shawn and Taker did that. Ended up as the final two and then went like 15 minutes.

Comparing 2007 Shawn Michaels and Undertaker to Asuka and Ember Moon :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Comparing the two best wrestlers in their division to the two best wrestlers in their division? You're wading into dangerous territory there, bub.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HerraS posted:

Comparing 2007 Shawn Michaels and Undertaker to Asuka and Ember Moon :lol:

Yeah Asuka's much better than Shawn. Probably just as racist though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah anyone who compares the Asuka/Moon rivalary to HBK/Taker is misguided. What will probably end up happening is if Ronda isn't in the Rumble and Asuka isn't champ, either Asuka will win, or be screwed out of winning due to Alexa interfering or something.

IF Ember Moon is in the Royal Rumble, I fully expect her to get tossed within a few minutes of her entering. Same with any other NXT talent like Kairi, Iconic Duo, etc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was literally just saying that having 2 wrestlers with history do a long 'match' at the end of the Rumble has precedent, people, not claiming Ember Moon is the second coming of HBK.

And yes, if Asuka is in the Rumble and Ronda isn't, she should probably just go ham and start from #1 and win the whole fuckin' thing while tying Reigns' record for eliminations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd expect an NXT wrestler to get to the final 4 of the women's rumble.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'd expect an NXT wrestler to get to the final 4 of the women's rumble.

That would be a magical run, if you catch my drift.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

That would be a magical run, if you catch my drift.

I don't think the NXT women's champ will be in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think the NXT women's champ will be in.

Nobody has said Nikki Cross.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody has said Nikki Cross.

:ssh: Kinda hard when she's not in the title match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

:ssh: Kinda hard when she's not in the title match.

There's still time.

Shayna is probably winning anyway though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nobody here has provided an argument for why Nikki Cross shouldn't win the NXT Women's Championship on Saturday night, then win the Rumble on Sunday night and be a double champion forever.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Michaels/Undertaker closing out the Rumble worked because it was loving Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker. No one will give a single poo poo about Ember Moon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Philadelphia is the smark capital of the world and Ember Moon is less than six months removed from burning the house down with Asuka, of course they'd care.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Nikki Cross is in the nxt tag title hunt, last seen in atlanta fixin’ to kill the undisputed era

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
What are the chances of any of the following showing up for the women’s rumble:

Melina
Kelly Kelly
ivory
Jacqueline
Kaitlyn
Alundra Blayze
Molly Holly
Victoria
Lita
Trish

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably just about guaranteed at least one of those.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I feel like we hear something about Kaitlyn maybe possibly returning every other week

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She made a comeback and has her first booking in February. If WWE's interested she seems likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What are the chances of any of the following showing up for the women’s rumble:

Melina
Kelly Kelly
ivory
Jacqueline
Kaitlyn
Alundra Blayze
Molly Holly
Victoria
Lita
Trish

I'm very upset that you didn't include Beth Phoenix in this list.