Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Every actual lawyer I've seen who's weighed in on this has said that Crytek's case is kinda flimsy, and that the GLA is weak. This includes Leonard French, YouTube Law, and two guys in Reddit who did actual analysis.

This thread honestly deflects reality as well as t_d. If an event or fact doesn't line up with what you want to believe, then everyone who's saying as much must be wrong, right?

It's honestly pathetic to see. This thread is a lot more fun when SA is acting as the rationale audience, not the group that wants to see this fall so badly they make poo poo up.

Star Citizen is still enough of a disaster that you don't need to fabricate incompetence.

I don't know what happened. We used to have actual arguments/debate that encouraged some back-and-forth. This is why my "just posts" are actual poo poo now; it's almost as if I don't care?!

BTW.. CryTek's GLA and case is utter shite - calling it. Now please tell me about how my dick has fallen off, my parents are dead, and all of that utterly stupid poo poo half of you spew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
it's also loving :lol: that Freyermuth and Associates is run outta the same loving eastern bloc style building as Cloud Imperium Games

like just :lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

I don't know what happened. We used to have actual arguments/debate that encouraged some back-and-forth. This is why my "just posts" are actual poo poo now; it's almost as if I don't care?!

BTW.. CryTek's GLA and case is utter shite - calling it. Now please tell me about how my dick has fallen off, my parents are dead, and all of that utterly stupid poo poo half of you spew.

I already called the dismissal pages ago man, don't be trying to muscle in on my call.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like the same address, the same loving address lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:same:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

big nipples big life posted:

I already called the dismissal pages ago man, don't be trying to muscle in on my call.

Yes - but half of the goons have you blocked, so now this has visibility. Right Derek?! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

How'd you like the new initial Star Citizen schedule for 2018, MoMA???

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

How'd you like the new initial Star Citizen schedule for 2018, MoMA???

Lovely. Quarterly updates, promised network improvements by June - finally. At least it's an expected outlook.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and the first CIG office, on sunset, was actually owned by ortwin too. lol

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Wow, MoMA's back. Remember that time he had a massive meltdown over a Derek Smart post?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes - but half of the goons have you blocked, so now this has visibility. Right Derek?! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

One day I'll make the most ignored list in the gloryhole.

You gotta have goals.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaerael posted:

Wow, MoMA's back. Remember that time he had a massive meltdown over a Derek Smart post?

Derek does not get to run his old, crusty mouth and we just take it. He talks poo poo, I give him poo poo back. It's not a metldown if he's telling me to sit the gently caress down and I tell him to gently caress off. That's just banter.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TheAgent posted:

and the first CIG office, on sunset, was actually owned by ortwin too. lol
Star Citizen: owned by ortwin

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Nothing is going to happen on Feb. 9, because anything deeper than "is there a contract? Yes? MtD denied" is going to be punted for a later date. The MtD doesn't even enumerate how the complaint is fatally flawed, and the standard for dismissal is super high. As in, you have to assume the truth of the facts alleged in the complaint and if so, that it doesn't amount to something a court should get involved in.

Crytek alleges a contract, and that it was breached. CIG alleges no such breach, based on contested facts and law. That's the definition of a substantive legal dispute. The rest of the contractual parsing is irrelevant for the purpose of the motion. Whatever the merits of the case, there's a case to be tried.

When we get the motions for summary judgment, maybe it'll be interesting.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Lovely. Quarterly updates, promised network improvements by June - finally. At least it's an expected outlook.

You're the best group of trolls (intentional or unintentional) I've ever witnessed. :golfclap:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Lladre posted:

Just to be clear, we're the tail right?

No we are the ventiled anus.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Go gently caress yourself. You get spoonfed details by some people on here to make it seem like you know poo poo then everyone gets to sit and giggle in the corner while you flail about like you think you know what you're talking about 1/4 of the time (and you're too stupid to realize it you dumbfuck).

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW.. CryTek's GLA and case is utter shite - calling it.

Why is it shite? What about it is shite?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Wrong company. RSI isn't even related to the development of Star Citizen so it is definitely coming out and it will be good.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Toops posted:

It would have been trivial to clarify the exclusivity term unambiguously but they did not, it is shite.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Toops posted:

It's shite in an "oh shite, my *investments*" way for him.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Will I need a bowtie to read the next couple of pages or can I just wear my hat indoors like a loving barbarian.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Every actual lawyer I've seen who's weighed in on this has said that Crytek's case is kinda flimsy, and that the GLA is weak. This includes Leonard French, YouTube Law, and two guys in Reddit who did actual analysis.

This thread honestly deflects reality as well as t_d. If an event or fact doesn't line up with what you want to believe, then everyone who's saying as much must be wrong, right?

It's honestly pathetic to see. This thread is a lot more fun when SA is acting as the rationale audience, not the group that wants to see this fall so badly they make poo poo up.

Star Citizen is still enough of a disaster that you don't need to fabricate incompetence.

I get what you're saying. I'm hear for the lols mostly and like seeing a bad company fail. With the lawsuit thing I'm not a lawyer and most of us on here are not either so you have a point: let's wait for the professionals to weigh in before rendering judgement. I'm more cautious in my approach to the lawsuit than some others on here. Crytek probably has a case but how much or how far will they go? I have no idea. Don't want to get my hopes up so to speak. In case the judgment is a small $$ amount or CIG wins or whatever. But really hoping for discovery because the gold in this thread would be unreal. You give these boys anything and its lol material for days. Of course we probably won't be that lucky. This company hasn't done anything, has a buggy tech demo after $175+ mil so they probably get off lightly on this suit a well. We'll see. Here's pulling for the little guy.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

Welcome back moma. It's really cool of you to come crawling back here after your brutal self-owning. So who has the account today?

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

TheAgent posted:

it's also loving :lol: that Freyermuth and Associates is run outta the same loving eastern bloc style building as Cloud Imperium Games

like just :lol:

lol

Google earth image for reference

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...Z6XB9wQpx8IbTAK

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek does not get to run his old, crusty mouth and we just take it. He talks poo poo, I give him poo poo back. It's not a metldown if he's telling me to sit the gently caress down and I tell him to gently caress off. That's just banter.

Which CIG employee/intern is running the MoMA account today?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

Which would be easier. Attempting to debone a live fish without breaking the skin or removing crytek cryengine code from your game while leaving lumberyard cryengine code alone.

Serious question for code, legal or fish experts.

As a fish expert who also hunts code in the open wild, I like to first magnetize the fish with the worst possible magnetism. Then I open their mouth and put them against a steel wall and they barf yo their bones. I’m sure law works much the same way.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

kw0134 posted:

Nothing is going to happen on Feb. 9, because anything deeper than "is there a contract? Yes? MtD denied" is going to be punted for a later date. The MtD doesn't even enumerate how the complaint is fatally flawed, and the standard for dismissal is super high. As in, you have to assume the truth of the facts alleged in the complaint and if so, that it doesn't amount to something a court should get involved in.

Crytek alleges a contract, and that it was breached. CIG alleges no such breach, based on contested facts and law. That's the definition of a substantive legal dispute. The rest of the contractual parsing is irrelevant for the purpose of the motion. Whatever the merits of the case, there's a case to be tried.

Nice thanks. See, this is what I'm more interested in. Some legal analysis so to speak. They only make you take one business law class in business school so I only have a surface-y level knowledge on this stuff. Keep it coming.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Toops posted:

There's no 500mil investment in Turkey. There's no extreme extra capital from assets sold at a fraction. What there is, however - is a company desperate to pay off the various workers suing them for unpaid wages. A company so desperate that they're even trying a hand at cryptocurrency, or selling off entire forks of their engine for a quick cash infusion. Instead, you get a company that is doing exactly what you do when you're flailing about and think you have an opportunity at quick cash while thinking you've been wronged by a business partner: you sue the gently caress out of them with everything you can possible think of and see if any of the poo poo sticks to the wall. I've seen this tactic with small business, with landlord/tennant disputes and with small construction jobs contracts. It looks and smells like a cash grab and hope for a settlement.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

MoMa is my favourite orphan

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

The Titanic posted:

As a fish expert who also hunts code in the open wild, I like to first magnetize the fish with the worst possible magnetism. Then I open their mouth and put them against a steel wall and they barf yo their bones. I’m sure law works much the same way.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ManofManyAliases posted:

You obviously don't understand Warlord development.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CryTek putting a coin miner in that lovely WarFace game is pretty funny.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kw0134 posted:

Feb 9 is exciting precisely bc the MTD will be denied, solely bc citizens have put extreme faith and confidence in the MTD being the end of the suit

Your take is the boring take

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's no 500mil investment in Turkey. There's no extreme extra capital from assets sold at a fraction. What there is, however - is a company desperate to pay off the various workers suing them for unpaid wages. A company so desperate that they're even trying a hand at cryptocurrency, or selling off entire forks of their engine for a quick cash infusion. Instead, you get a company that is doing exactly what you do when you're flailing about and think you have an opportunity at quick cash while thinking you've been wronged by a business partner: you sue the gently caress out of them with everything you can possible think of and see if any of the poo poo sticks to the wall. I've seen this tactic with small business, with landlord/tennant disputes and with small construction jobs contracts. It looks and smells like a cash grab and hope for a settlement.
are you talking about crytek or CIG lol

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we wouldn't be having this discussion about the meaning of "exclusive" if CIG and Crytek had just written their contract in a language designed for commerce such as Xi'an

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

are you talking about crytek or CIG lol

Hur-dur. A knee-slapper, man. I had to notch open my belt for that one.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
So basically this'll be 1 more month of eating our own ITT, with MoMA actually coming out to play, yeah?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I thought your belt didn't have notches, I thought that was the whole point of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nice meltdown.