Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

I pulled leader Albert from my 17 free packs :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Danakir posted:

1. With preconstructed decks you only care about legendaries and golds. Specifically ones that are staples. So for instance, Albert is in every single Sword deck. On the other hand, he's gonna rotate out next expansion so pick accordingly. Sybil is in every Dragoncraft deck and Ourobouros is a tech card, so that's not bad at all. Rahab too is a tech card. Nephthys is bad in rotation but both Demonlord Eachtar and Immortal Thane are great cards in midrange Shadow in both rotation and unlimited. Heavenly Aegis and Dark Jeanne are both good cards, so that's another pretty decent one. Those are the ones that would be worth considering.

Thanks. I have one Sybil but that's my only usable dragon legendary right now so that may work. I always did enjoy dragon. My haven legendaries right now are New Jeanne and 3x Eidolons but I'm OK with treating Haven as one of my dump crafts.

quote:

2. Replace it. If you can pay the Enhance cost, then you automatically will. So if you have 8 pp and there's a 5 casting cost card with Enhance (8), you'll pay 8 and activate the enhanced effect.

Just a note on that; there is a setting to display Enhance costs on the cards themselves that you can turn on; it basically puts a faded out second mana cost circle below the base cost so you can instantly see at a glance what Enhancements you have in hand. Super useful IMO.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I don't remember exactly which ones they are to comment on how things have changed, but the golds in both that Sybil dragon precon and the Nep shadow precon were mostly bonkers, too. Like Dragon got Breath of the Salamander, Grimnir, and one or two other pretty good ones for instance.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It should be noted that enhance costs can't be reduced (by gawain for example) so even if your albert costs 3 to play his enhance will still be 9

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I haven't played since the expansion came out. What would you use for each class for grinding wins for dailies?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

I haven't played since the expansion came out. What would you use for each class for grinding wins for dailies?

Without having to craft expensive poo poo? Play aggro decks in unlimited, midrange ones in rotation.

So, in unlimited:

Blood: Hyper-mega-aggro wolf to the face (as if you had any choice, blood SUCKS in rotation). Vengeance is also great if you have the cards.
Forest: Hyper-mega-aggro roach to the face
Sword: Just your regular aggro sword.
Haven: Storm go, go, go!

Since a shitload of people are playing aggro it's quite the coinflip, but it is a fast one.

And in rotation:

Rune: Midrange dirt rune (you know with Taboo, grand summoning, and so on). You do need three Oz but she has been a must for six months already so I guess you have them.
Dragon: Same old boring dragon ramp poo poo with the sahaquiel package and the new ramp and face cards. If you don't have those then play ramp in unlimited. Technically midrange since you get to 10pp by turn 6 with your bullshit.
Shadow: Eachtar, Thane, Catacomb, and a billion skeletons walked into a bar...

Portal: Play puppets, it's cheap and effective in unranked. Banish their crap, go face as best as you can, save your puppets, then Noah (a Khawy-quality silver) their faces.

All of those (besides portal, and sword, RIP sword) are good enough to climb in ranked, so they should destroy unranked for dailies.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 3, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What's the options if I can craft expensive stuff? I assume Midrange dirt wouldn't require many legendaries, except Oz which I already have 3 of for obvious reasons.

Edit: Tried making midrange rune from the base of the old aggro rune. Ended up with this: This Deck All the good midrange cards are gone except for taboo, ie the gain 5 life and the get 3 guardian golems ones. Also, is gingerbread house and silent laboratory acceptable substitutes for rite of fire and scrap golem summoner?

Edit2: Unlimited Forest is just 3 each of goblin, water fairy, may, guidance, circle, airborne barrage, whisperer, roach, liza, song, brambles, Aria, and ???. And just hope that you either draw roach combo or you song combo? And Insect Lord is just like may but 2 cost and hits harder?

Yukari fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 3, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

What's the options if I can craft expensive stuff? I assume Midrange dirt wouldn't require many legendaries, except Oz which I already have 3 of for obvious reasons.

Edit: Tried making midrange rune from the base of the old aggro rune. Ended up with this: This Deck All the good midrange cards are gone except for taboo, ie the gain 5 life and the get 3 guardian golems ones. Also, is gingerbread house and silent laboratory acceptable substitutes for rite of fire and scrap golem summoner?

Edit2: Unlimited Forest is just 3 each of goblin, water fairy, may, guidance, circle, airborne barrage, whisperer, roach, liza, song, brambles, Aria, and ???. And just hope that you either draw roach combo or you song combo? And Insect Lord is just like may but 2 cost and hits harder?

Unlimited forest is all that aggro plus leaf man and Ipiria as your "late" game. No insect lords, Arias, or anything fancy. 1,2,3,song,leaf! and to the next game. If you don't draw your stuff on time then hopefully the animal brigade (iguanas and roaches) will let you sneak damage after the fairies are dead. You can experiment with Aria, Drivers, and Ariana for a better mid-game if you want.

As for rune, everybody is playing gingerbread and silent, yeah. Your midgame is taboo (some people don't run him), grand summoning, mutagenic. If you want to be cute add a single copy of chain lightning (I have managed to hit for 12 damage with that crap) or a silver golem for super-late game reach.

If you can craft expensive stuff then go hog wild with Dragon. There are a shitload of expensive decks like the ones with the Sahaquiel package or the new Chronus/Aldos one, which is hilarious and it works really well. It's yet another queen of the dead sea deck, where you use Chronus to recharge cards for Imperial Dragoon.

Shadow is relatively cheap with 3x Eachtar and 2x femalberts.

Elephant forest is ridiculously expensive (you basically play all the good legendaries) but fun too.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 4, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My combo is about to pop and it's the other guy's turn.

Yeah, probably best to ramp while you still have time left.

Holy poo poo. Some people are just incredibly loving bad at this game.

Say hello to 19 damage

I'll miss you buddy :)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, people have learned how to play portalcraft. You hard-mulligan for D.E.M and drop her on six, then you play around 10 cards per turn for negative mana (it's funny to see them regain pp by playing cards). Not kidding, one of them managed to kill 9 of my followers (skellies) in a single turn. It's like the slowest D-Shift bullshit ever and that specific deck is trash otherwise. D.E.M on six? you win 80% of the time, no? you lose all the time.

You only play cheap artifact generating stuff, acceleratium, and some removal and cross your fingers.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

If you can craft expensive stuff then go hog wild with Dragon. There are a shitload of expensive decks like the ones with the Sahaquiel package or the new Chronus/Aldos one, which is hilarious and it works really well. It's yet another queen of the dead sea deck, where you use Chronus to recharge cards for Imperial Dragoon.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...iny.6Giny.6Giny
Something like this? Not sure what you run along with Queen of the Dread Sea. Azi+Arriet for 16 face damage?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Something like this? Not sure what you run along with Queen of the Dread Sea. Azi+Arriet for 16 face damage?

Yeah, something like that. Although that list wants to do too many things at the same time. Sahaquiel, in particular, is only pulling Bahamut or the queen. People usually play saha to combo with Israfil to clear boards. By the way, you can use the gobbo mage to fish your Aielas if you feel you're bricking too much.

The typical combos for the queen are Azi+Arriet (which I haven't seen much lately) , or Chronus + Imperial dragoon. So you drop the queen and chronus, keep the dragoon on hand, and the next turn you should be able to cause mayhem with him. If you have used chronus in advance then you can, drop her and bahamut instead, clear the board, draw all the cards, then deal a shitload of damage and clear all the wards with aldos. You can basically combo any big dragon card after the chronus/queen play since chronus basically removes her drawback.

So, decide what your finisher is gonna be and if you're going to run the Saha package (Israfil, Zeus) or not.

As long as you ramp like a bastard you'll be fine, it's an extremely unfair deck right now.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 4, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Aside from having queen/chronus, what else do you do to actually win? I'm having a real bastard of a time actually finishing opponents off when I don't draw chronus, and when I do, I tend to just deck out super fast, since I can't actually kill anyone.

Yukari fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 4, 2018

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
You kinda need either Chronos or Queen to have a serious chance of winning. If you've got neither, you either want to drop your bombs directly on the board or draw cards to try and get them. Decking out isn't usually a problem though unless you make a habit of playing Chronos naked on 8 which isn't really a good play. For the most part, you want to play Chronos either on 8 with a Imperial Dragoon follow-up on 9 or on 10 using either Queen+Dragoon+Chronos or Queen+Azi+Chronos. If you don't have Chronos but you do have Queen, depending on the match-up it can be worth it to play Queen+Zeus+Azi or Queen+Zeus+Zirnitra for the massive pressure. Some decks just can't handle it.

Without Chronos to cycle through your deck, you're kind of forced to either go all-in or try and stall for him. A big part of the deck really is getting when and how to play Chronos. Decking out usually means you played him at the wrong time and place. Also, the deck has anti-synergy with Bahamut. I can't say I'd recommend keeping him in there, either Zeus or Azi would be a much better replacement.

If you wanna keep Bahamut, I'd suggest doing the classic ramp with the Sahaquiel package instead. Zirnitra is also important since she's your replacement for Sahaquiel+Israfil in the midgame.

Danakir fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 4, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

So how am I making room for Chronos, Queen, Azi, Dragoon, Zeus and Zirnitra? Do I cut rahab?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'd remove Rahab or Grimnir, yeah. Also Ouroboros doesn't really help your gameplan either. You're not really going for a grindy game with Chronos, are you?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Problem I have is that I don't do like.... any damage earlygame, so I'm not sure how to go on the offense to take out all 20 life in two turns. I think one issue I'm having is that all my evos get eaten up by Aielas.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Chronos ramp isn't about doing chip damage. You take your opponent down from 20 to 0 once Chronos comes down with turn after turn of massive bodies and insane out of hand storm damage. Aldos is a 5/5 that wipes the board and does 8 damage to face. Queen+Zeus+Azi is 11 damage even without an evo point and leaves behind a board that's really hard to answer. And while you're cheating out these crazy tempo/burst turns, you're also refilling your whole hand to go again the next turn and do the same thing if they're not already dead on board.

Hope that helps.

Danakir fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 4, 2018

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I'm pretty thirsty for more vials/coins these days, anybody have some cheap decks for the various classes for blitzing story mode? Midrange sans Eachtar was enough to clear all of Shadowcraft's story which was nice.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

Problem I have is that I don't do like.... any damage earlygame, so I'm not sure how to go on the offense to take out all 20 life in two turns. I think one issue I'm having is that all my evos get eaten up by Aielas.

Forget damage to the face in the early game, you're playing a combo deck (with a combo that is almost uncounterable at 10pp, nevermind when they only have like 7). You just have to focus on ramping to enable both your combo and your board-clears. If all your evos are eaten by Aielas then that's great, because it means that you have ramped harder. Just don't evo her if there is no point in ramping due to your hand.

Once you drop the Chronus and you have a dragoon in hand, what are they gonna do?

Emalde posted:

I'm pretty thirsty for more vials/coins these days, anybody have some cheap decks for the various classes for blitzing story mode? Midrange sans Eachtar was enough to clear all of Shadowcraft's story which was nice.

Play neutral-craft. Goblins, Angel of the word, that other 2/2 ward angel that gives you +1, Lyrial, Feria, Hector, Strix, the Merman, etc. Then add cards from your class, specially ones that deal damage to face. That sort of early game aggro is something the cpu cannot handle.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 4, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I have a 75% or so winrate with Daria right now in rotation. I'm sure that'll come down as people find the best decks, but this new wrathless (or at least wrath-light) world is perfect for it.

Concentration is by far the weakest link but I'm not really sure what to play over it.

e: this is midway through AA3

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 5, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

I think I have a 75% or so winrate with Daria right now in rotation. I'm sure that'll come down as people find the best decks, but this new wrathless (or at least wrath-light) world is perfect for it.

Concentration is by far the weakest link but I'm not really sure what to play over it.

e: this is midway through AA3

Well, that's an almost entirely non-chrono deck so of course it has become relatively better than decks that are forced to use chrono-stuff to replace multiple cards. Anyways, I'm pretty sure people already found the best decks (all four of them) so enjoy AA3, right now masters is quite the thing. I kinda enjoy the new slower meta but that means that most games reach the point where th e absolutely ridiculous tempest of the gods and bahamut cards start to get traded around, so it always feels like a loss meant the opponent just had more unfair cards than you.

Daria is at least high-rolly enough that you can theoretically beat anything.

vvv The problem is that their high-roll beats yours vvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 5, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In my experience Daria preys on midrange decks because they give you enough time to draw into your high roll while not having enough control elements to recover from it. This meta seems great for it, and unless there's a major shift I should be able to hit masters. Just 2k points to go.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, thread is dead again (I don't blame it, ahahaha). Here are my official and totally correct rankings for the cesspool that is called "rotation"

1) Bullshit TIer: Characterized by being immensely unfair. Aggro burn rune (with gobbos, no taboo), Ramp dragon in its multiple forms, Aggressive midrange Eachtar. Right now burn rune has a slight edge since nobody is teching against balls-to-the-wall aggro outside some crazy control blood players that, for whatever reason, are still there.

2) Wannabe Tier: Wallet haven (People spend a shitload of vials building this, but it is not quite up to par with the big guys). Regular midrange dirt and midrange shadow, the slower, weaker versions of those bullshit decks. PDK, Daria, and DeusExMachinaCraft (only if you put a lot of effort)

3) Hey, this is actually fair Tier: All the forest flavors (neutral might be a bit higher), Midrange sword with a bit of neutral support, Puppetcraft

4) Urias Tier: Blood is so hosed.

Edit: My much less informed unlimited tier list:

a) Roach!

b) Everything else.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 7, 2018

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
judging from the lack of posts and the fact that every new page someone is calling the game dead, the game might be done for...

the reddit for the game doesn't seem so lively either

guess you can throw this game in the pile of DCGs that failed to keep up with HS

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's not dead in Japan, so English sales only need to pay for the localization, not the full game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Breath of the Salamander and Bahamut made me lose interest in the game. I don't know why they make me so mad but they do.

Game doesn't seem like it's in a bad state at all but no surprise that those two cards are again in one of the strongest decks just like they have been for year now. Maybe playable for me in a few months for me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sword got their own breath of the salamander this expansion so that's around for a while

Breath you can at least play around so it doesn't make me as mad as like priest of the cudgel

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

No Wave posted:

Breath of the Salamander and Bahamut made me lose interest in the game. I don't know why they make me so mad but they do.

Game doesn't seem like it's in a bad state at all but no surprise that those two cards are again in one of the strongest decks just like they have been for year now. Maybe playable for me in a few months for me.

Probably when RoB rotates, since a lot of dragon's strongest cards are from there, namely Fervor, Salamander, and Bahamut/Sahaquiel package. Though, we basically have to wait for everything super powerful to rotate out at some point, I guess...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Sword got their own breath of the salamander this expansion so that's around for a while

Breath you can at least play around so it doesn't make me as mad as like priest of the cudgel
BotS would be much less offensive in non-ramp classes. It's premium 2 mana removal that enhances into a premium board clear, played often on turn 5. I think it's definitely the best spell in the game. Lancer costs one more on each end (which is huge), can't be ramped, and has interactions with ward. And it's still a very strong card!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No Wave posted:

I think it's definitely the best spell in the game.
no way

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think the only competitors are Themis, D-shift, Nature's guidance, maaaaybe Insight, all of which are unlimited (and I'd rank bots above all three anyways because enhance).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Insight isn't even the best 1-mana spell in rune anymore imo

My vote for best rune spell is probably golem assault though. No idea about best spell period

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

I'm going to assume you mean natural spells, otherwise Crimson Sorcery exists. Even if you did, Dragon Oracle exists, and I'd argue that Kaleidoscopic Glow is one of the stupidest spells to exist.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Glow is weird because sometimes it's backbreaking and sometimes it's completely dead. Presumably unlimited will trend more and more towards the best cheap spells as time passes though and Glow will keep getting better and better.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Usually, it was one of those super tempo plays that just breaks aggro hard when you're trying to dshift, so I'd rank it there. If you're in a mirror match and want to avoid giving dshift targets to removal, you can bounce your own magic owl with it to evo it again next turn or what have you.

Also that it bounced amulets, which randomly makes haven scoop against you when you bounce their aria or what have you one turn before it activates.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Glow is really, really good ofc but it's just not quite an insta-3-of like some of the others. Definitely up there but it does have the potential to brick.

Crim sorc is obviously great but Dis' Damnation might be even better! But yeah i was referring to collectibles. I think BotS' power level is very misunderstood because enhance is odd to evaluate.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah you could usually find a way to play it but bouncing your own earth sigil or owl isn't exactly "best spell ever" material. Even outside of D-shift, I found it fairly dead against Dragon because all of their cheap stuff had fanfares and while you were loving around bouncing owls they were killing you with sybil and forte. It's probably better against dragon now because of new Aeila though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anyway the most fun spell in the game is mutagenic bolt and it isn't close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

General Morden posted:

judging from the lack of posts and the fact that every new page someone is calling the game dead, the game might be done for...

the reddit for the game doesn't seem so lively either

guess you can throw this game in the pile of DCGs that failed to keep up with HS

http://steamcharts.com/app/453480

I don't think SA thread activity is a good measure of how active a game is

This is only tracking steam players, and doesn't at all account for the huge volume of people in japan that are playing via mobile phones. we all connect to the same servers, so, yes, that matters, a lot

Contrast this with Eternal,

http://steamcharts.com/app/531640

a game with half the english speaking playerbase, and no gigantic japanese market to speak of. Their thread is much more active and I generally don't see anyone calling it a "dead game" in spite of the significantly smaller number of people playing it.

• Locked thread