Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

NothingMatters posted:

They couldn't score against New Zealand for 90 minutes away and Russia ain't exactly Lima, Peru.

Also look statistically the easiest group will always be A. And statistically the hardest group will always be later just because of how few choices those groups have between when it comes to those final draws.

When A is drawn it could literally be any team from any of the pots.

By the time you're down to E-H there's only 4 teams or less to pull from and there is usually a couple stronger ones in there.

Is that really how statistics work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Hey we only deal with advanced stats in trp

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

NothingMatters posted:

They couldn't score against New Zealand for 90 minutes away and Russia ain't exactly Lima, Peru.

Also look statistically the easiest group will always be A. And statistically the hardest group will always be later just because of how few choices those groups have between when it comes to those final draws.

When A is drawn it could literally be any team from any of the pots.

By the time you're down to E-H there's only 4 teams or less to pull from and there is usually a couple stronger ones in there.

Where do the hot balls come in, in your face?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
I hope all Americans respect the sanctity of the world cup qualifying process and refrain from posting until the next world cup if they qualify

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

fat gay nonce posted:

I hope all Americans respect the sanctity of the world cup qualifying process and refrain from posting until the next world cup if they qualify

Sanctity shmanctity cup.
We're going to proper troll England as is proper.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

iajanus posted:

Is that really how statistics work?

[Narrator] It's not.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
the world cup action is heating up already

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/12/06/video-spain-legend-carles-puyol-attacked-sex-toy-wielding-fan-following-world-cup-draw

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

"I wanna f*** you with this big d***!" the 'fan' shouts before the World Cup winner was whisked away by security.

"No, no!" can be heard faintly as Puyol disappears.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Meanwhile, Mr. Mutko, the Russian cartoon dog mascot- says

Mutko responded to questions about doping by referencing Russia’s on-field performance at the 2014 World Cup, where it did not win a game “If we play like that while doped, then how would we do without?” he said. “It’s absolute stupidity.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/russias-olympic-ban-mean-2018-world-cup-200941457.html

Rrowf! Rake a bite out of crime(a)!

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy missed out on what could have been a great thing.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

Meanwhile, Mr. Mutko, the Russian cartoon dog mascot- says

Mutko responded to questions about doping by referencing Russia’s on-field performance at the 2014 World Cup, where it did not win a game “If we play like that while doped, then how would we do without?” he said. “It’s absolute stupidity.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/russias-olympic-ban-mean-2018-world-cup-200941457.html

Rrowf! Rake a bite out of crime(a)!

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

KomodoWagon posted:

Guy missed out on what could have been a great thing.

Agreed

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
apparently Paolo Guerrero got caught with traces of cocaine metabolites in his system and could miss the world cup. Bad news because Peru is one of the few cool teams in the tournament. I think the word is that he took some medicinal drink with coca in it and will appeal. If he wasn't Peruvian/Bolivian I'd be suspicious but for now I believe it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

apparently Paolo Guerrero got caught with traces of cocaine metabolites in his system and could miss the world cup. Bad news because Peru is one of the few cool teams in the tournament. I think the word is that he took some medicinal drink with coca in it and will appeal. If he wasn't Peruvian/Bolivian I'd be suspicious but for now I believe it.

Peru are apparently trying to convince Lapadula to join the squad to replace him. Hell, he should take it, it's the only chance he'll have of playing in a World Cup.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Jonathan Gonzalez picked Mexico over USA, which makes me happy because I think he's one of the best players in Liga MX, but I don't understand how the US soccer federation dropped the ball so hard on this one.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The most recent in a long line of failures, but can't exactly blame the kid for picking El Tri either

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
putting this here for ze germans

quote:

“My grandfather used to tell me,” Orbán continued, “when you see a good match, you have to hear the music – if you don’t hear the music, it’s not a good game. So therefore, in Hungary, whatever championship the Germans win, we will never say it’s a good football, because what we are hearing is not a music, but a robotic technological noise.”

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Manc Hill posted:

That was before vuvuzelas I suspect

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Manc Hill posted:

Is this Hungary's Prime Minister?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

El Chingon posted:

Is this Hungary's Prime Minister?

yes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does hungarian football sound like

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Racism

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdojpUGty1E

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kurtofan posted:

accordions

weeping

nonstop monkey howls directed at black players

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Kurtofan posted:

Like Andorran celebration

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BBCSportWales/status/952673700813459462

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Unbelievable Jeff.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol and they chose giggs anyway

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The FAW really hate football in Wales.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
a Hollywood interview is where you do it bald

- craig

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Breath Ray posted:

a Hollywood interview is where you do it bald

- craig

I thought it was like a normal interview but you crank the hog

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fat gay nonce posted:

I thought it was like a normal interview but you crank the hog

It’s definitely this

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A Hollywood interview sounds expensive. The FAW are obviously going to be more comfortable with Giggs "idk just work harder" approach.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

A Hollywood interview sounds expensive. The FAW are obviously going to be more comfortable with Giggs "idk just work harder" approach.

I wonder how many times Sir Alex was mentioned.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Maybe Bellamy can do the friendlies while Giggs is busy cucking his brother?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I can’t imagine Craig Bellamy doing a PowerPoint presentation.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

blue footed boobie posted:

I can’t imagine Craig Bellamy doing a PowerPoint presentation.

He's a good guest on the punditry type shows, especially The Debate so it makes sense that thick as poo poo Welsh Tim Sherwood gets the job instead.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
'I am ashamed of him. I can't even bring myself to use his name' - Ryan Giggs' dad on Wales appointment

quote:

"I should be the proudest dad in the world, as happy as a lark by what he's achieved - but I am ashamed of him. I can't even bring myself to use his name - I refer to him as the ex-footballer," Wilson told the Sun.

"He's put himself first and all he cares about is his TV punditry and opening swanky hotels in Manchester. Now when I see him on TV I switch off, all the family do.

He is my son and it brings me close to tears to say that my family don't respect him and look up to him. As the eldest he should have been watching his brother's back - not stabbing him in it. He cheated in the worst possible way and is not man enough to apologise for it."

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
guns n roaes - Estranged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
drat.

• Locked thread