Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Being able to dunk on bosses and mercenaries is pretty much all Hanzo is good for right now. Let him have a moment in the limelight before they banish him back to Mediocre Assassin Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I miss when they didn't bother fixing brightwing's trait and it healed for twice as much as intended.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Blaze's voice is pretty good, but I feel like it's missing something compared to the SC2 Firebat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYfXNvqC024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT7MQDkLtFQ

1000x better than Anubarak or Zeratul's VAs, at least. I hope if we get a Reaper hero (Not that Reaper) it uses the same filter the SC2 ones have.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
The phrase is "flash in the pan," not "pants," Blizzard! :argh:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

I think that's the joke.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dick Burglar posted:

SCII quotes have a history of being full of sexual innuendo, although to what extent depends on the unit in question. That quote in particular was deliberately misrepresented for the sake of more innuendos.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Dick Burglar posted:

don’t get your panties in a flash

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
jfc Garrosh feels so AWFUL to play now. I think he's among my least favorite heroes with Auriel and Diablo. Good lord.

e: Anyone on the PTR, how is Blaze's damage?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 7, 2018

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
I've googled around a bit but maybe I can't think of the right keywords to get results, help me out goons

Can someone tell me what series of buttons I might have accidentally hit to get the hitbox outlines on all the buildings? It only happens on junkrat, is it a him-specific thing?:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That shows the borders of terrain so you can hop over them. Hanzo has that too. Genji also might

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Also for bouncing grenades

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
So its not something I can enable on other heroes? Super lame.

I was hoping to have it up for my bro Stukov so I could aim bionic arm better

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I actually played a bunch of garrosh + dva TL games today around low diamond/high Plat level and we won 87% of the games. I played both heroes. Garrosh honestly didn't feel that bad, was still able to make plays. And it's always fun throwing a death bomb onto the enemy team for a triple kill!!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Cuntellectual posted:

e: Anyone on the PTR, how is Blaze's damage?

Just going off of watching Grubby play him, relatively low, but not nothing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

his aas hit an area (quite a large area if you talent into it) so while he doesn’t contribute that much teamfight dps he has good waveclear

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah, not only is his basic waveclear really good, but a number of his talents boost it further.

I should also be more accurate in that his moment-to-moment damage is relatively low, but his potential damage is pretty drat good. Obviously a lot of it has to do with how long you can keep people standing in fire or how many people you can hit with your trait, on top of talent choices.

I'm watching this Grubby game right now and with a damage-focused build plus a Malf and Leoric locking poo poo down he's getting a lot done.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Macaluso posted:

That shows the borders of terrain so you can hop over them. Hanzo has that too. Genji also might

Also Lucio, for wallriding.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
When playing D.Va, when should you go for Bunny Hop over Big Shot?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm torn, I find the really low damage warriors boring, but Blaze looks so rad.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

When playing D.Va, when should you go for Bunny Hop over Big Shot?

when it’s really risky to stay in pilot form because they are divey and have lockdown

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cuntellectual posted:

I'm torn, I find the really low damage warriors boring, but Blaze looks so rad.

Blaze seems to have a fair bit of build flexibility and there are multiple talents you can take to give yourself improved damage. The quest to give your burning oil more damage is ridiculously easy to complete, and there's the talent that gives you bonus damage when you hit an enemy with both of your flame shot projectiles.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
How does Tyrael's ult sanctification work? Does it only work if you're in the aoe when it's cast or can you go in/out of the area?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

moush posted:

How does Tyrael's ult sanctification work? Does it only work if you're in the aoe when it's cast or can you go in/out of the area?
You can go in and out of the area.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Gobbeldygook posted:

You can go in and out of the area.

That's a lot stronger than I thought it was then. I just need to get used to his mana costs, cause he's really fun.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I just had a garden terror time out unused for the first time. I completely forgot that was a thing that could happen.

moush posted:

That's a lot stronger than I thought it was then. I just need to get used to his mana costs, cause he's really fun.

Tyrael is awesome and super versatile, though a bit fragile against autoattackers to be a solo tank most of the time.

On the other hand he's also one of the heroes who has gone longest without a good look at his talents. Also, Smite feels so limp it's a surprise it's not on Garrosh.

His new skin looks great, it's just too bad it'll probably be like $50 for it, Rehgar and Abathur's new skin (with a variety of tints! What a deal!)

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

when it’s really risky to stay in pilot form because they are divey and have lockdown

This is wrong imo. You're guaranteed to lose your mech if you play her properly (here and there). So if you take Bunny Hop you have to wait a full 45 seconds before being useful again if they have dive. Versus using Big Shot right on the edge can reduce your cool down significantly and provide very safe and strong poke till its back up.

Also, it's the only way to make sick plays when you lose your mech and people are trying to chase you down.

So literally never take Bunny Hop. It's way undertuned or needs to provide a large shield during using it or something.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

really tired of the personal rank adjustment

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So two days ago I got leaver queue thanks to Comcast. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise, as my leaver queue QM games gave me a chance to get reacquainted with an old friend

Zeratul has a 38.9% winrate for Plat so I guess there are a lot of bads playing him because he's fine. If any of y'all are scared off because of the winrate, but you know how to manage your blinks and when the comp fits, you'll do fine.

All the current map rotation is fine for him except Tomb, so go hog wild.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Butcher doubtlessly isn't super great in draft formats but in quickmatch he seems kind of ridiculous at times. I just got done with a game on Volskaya where our team was Butcher, Murky, Muradin, Alexstrasza, and Genji against Varian, Sonya, Malfurion, Jaina, and Kael'Thas. We lost a keep by like the four or five minute mark, didn't cap a single objective all game, basically lost every teamfight until the Butcher completed his quest around level 18 or so to the enemy team's 20, and then suddenly between that and Time to Krill/Toxic Buildup Murky we just obliterated their entire team and hard-pushed to their core to win. It actually felt a little unfair, the other team had done everything right all game, then all at once a switch gets flipped and that's gg.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I've gone up 2 ranks today just playing zuljin and the game is mad at me about it so I'm getting -12 points from the pra

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Never mind what I said, the Butcher on our team this game ended with 30 meat at level 20.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Good Canadian Boy posted:

This is wrong imo. You're guaranteed to lose your mech if you play her properly (here and there). So if you take Bunny Hop you have to wait a full 45 seconds before being useful again if they have dive. Versus using Big Shot right on the edge can reduce your cool down significantly and provide very safe and strong poke till its back up.

Also, it's the only way to make sick plays when you lose your mech and people are trying to chase you down.

So literally never take Bunny Hop. It's way undertuned or needs to provide a large shield during using it or something.

strongly disagree, bunny hop can do a lot of work. it’s a giant aoe slow that does surprising damage. you can’t really initiate with it (because they just blow you up) but you shouldn’t be initiating with D va anyways. once the melee starts you can fire it up and turn a swingy fight into a rout.
now obviously you never take its level 20 upgrade.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I do not enjoy playing as Hanzo except for his level 20 arrow teleport upgrade. Almost makes up for my inability to aim scatter arrows on the run.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

AlmightyBob posted:

I've gone up 2 ranks today just playing zuljin and the game is mad at me about it so I'm getting -12 points from the pra

I am currently getting 0 pra no matter how well or poorly I play. I get a solid 200 adjustment up or down and that's it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Cavelcade posted:

I am currently getting 0 pra no matter how well or poorly I play. I get a solid 200 adjustment up or down and that's it.

Personal rank adjustment has nothing to do with how well you do in an individual game. It's based on if you've recently gone on a big winning or losing streak. It is not to be confused with performance based match making.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cavelcade posted:

That means your rank is very close to where the system thinks your 'true' rank is so it's not doing a lot of adjusting.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

EdRush posted:

That means your rank is very close to where the system thinks your 'true' rank is so it's not doing a lot of adjusting.

Oh, neat!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Just like MMR, Personal Rank Adjustment doesn't care only about how many games you win/lose, but instead on who you win/lose against. If I'm plat, but I'm partying with bronzies and I go on a winning spree against low silvers, it won't count as much as more evenly balanced teams.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

It cares about both - to various degrees depending on MMR discrepancies and how long you're winning for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I've never seen anything from Blizzard that's said personal rank adjustment takes your current win/loss rate into account. Everything they've said is that it's based on the discrepancy between your rank and your MMR only.