Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lita and Trish are what I've been told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

So the most obvious choices possible

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Santino Marella should join it. She was Miss WrestleMania .

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm very upset that you didn't include Beth Phoenix in this list.

Hasn't she been confirmed? Not much point in "guessing" that

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think Beth is an announcer for it. She may still be in it I guess.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I think Beth is an announcer for it. She may still be in it I guess.

Love a good "announcer gets up from the desk and joins the Rumble" spot

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Sigma posted:

Love a good "announcer gets up from the desk and joins the Rumble" spot

It was cute to see Yamazaki stand up, make a confused face, and start taking his coat off at WK12 when the UWF-i music started

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doesn't Lita have a hosed up neck? Are they gonna Iron Sheik it and have her win by taking zero bumps?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Melina had the best music/entrance out of all of them so I hope it's her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beth is announcing the mixed match thing, not the rumble.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You will get your 25 minute finale of Brie Bella and Kelly Kelly and you will like it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

Melina had the best music/entrance out of all of them so I hope it's her.

but who will be tasked with blocking our view of her thonged rear end? Johnny is busy doing whatever he does on IMPACT.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Where the hell is Joey Mercury anyway?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DeathChicken posted:

Where the hell is Joey Mercury anyway?

He's a backstage guy now. Last time he appeared was when AJ jumped Shane I think.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

He's a backstage guy now. Last time he appeared was when AJ jumped Shane I think.

I don’t think he’s with the company anymore. I swear he was doing indie appearances

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh you're right, he's actually been gone for a year now.

It was Finlay who showed up to help when AJ jumped Shane.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Which one got stabbed?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Which one got stabbed?

Jamie Noble, I believe.

Sadly, unlike Hiroshi Tanahashi and John Cena, it did not make him the ace of the promotion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he relapsed and they fired him, just like with jimmy jacobs

VJeff posted:

Which one got stabbed?

Noble.

I kind of wish Kharma and/or Beth appear in the women's rumble just so they can say they're the only women to appear in both rumbles.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
One of them is pretty much a shoe-in. If GLOW has finished shooting their current season, they might be able to get Kong too.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Did Enzo just get stabbed?!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect Michelle McCool and Molly Holly to be in the Royal Rumble per PWInsider. Molly is the one confirmed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I hope some people recognize molly and she gets an ok reaction, due to her being good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cavauro posted:

I hope some people recognize molly and she gets an ok reaction, due to her being good

My fear about Deeb is that. The MYC crowd didn't really know her.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rovert is right

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

rovert posted:

My fear about Deeb is that. The MYC crowd didn't really know her.

That's not super surprising. I like Deeb but that's from outside WWE. I never remember her wrestling much in WWE and she had a very specific look that she had nowhere else. So I don't really blame WWE fans for not recognizing Serena Deeb.

Molly Holly, who knows? She was a huge part of the division for a long time but she hasn't been celebrated the way Lita and Trish have been. I want to say she'll get the same basic response Mickie James did and that I'd expect Victoria or Gail Kim to get. But who knows?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I only remember Serena as the bald chick in Straight Edge Society, and I'm probably not alone in that -- she was almost unrecognizable in the MYC. Not gonna be surprised if she gets a "who?" reaction in the Rumble.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't think she did anything other than the SES stuff in WWE. She never really wrestled in the women's division during that from what I can remember. And the hair thing is big. She shaved it on her debut in WWE and started growing it back as soon as she was gone. She wore all black in WWE and always wears colors outside. Serena's WWE run was just kind of weird.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I looked it up and during her Straight Edge Society run in WWE (which was only about six months long) she had exactly one televised match, a three minute mixed tag teaming up with Luke Gallows against Big Show and Kelly Kelly. To put it in perspective, Kenzo Suzuki's geisha valet Hiroko was both an on-air personality for longer and had more televised matches (2).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I'd advise putting her WWE run in the bin. She had one of the best and inspirational runs in SHIMMER (which sadly isn't on VOD so you just have to trust me). I'd liken it to James Gibson's ROH run and even Eddie's run up to the WWE title.

She's super duper looked up to by female wrestlers for her in ring. One of the few female US wrestlers who have elite level punches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, like I said I'm a fan of hers from Shimmer, OVW, and other places (and I'm glad her career didn't end with her injury retirement a couple of years back). I just don't blame people who were only exposed to her in WWE as not remembering her at all, being surprised she was a wrestler, or ever knowing who Deeb is and not realizing they were the same person.

Like, I can't think of another good example from WWE but it reminds me of Rain doing a non-wrestling run in TNA as Payton Banks. Or, I don't know. Not recognizing Scorpio Sky as that guy in Daniel Bryan and Kane's anger management classes? I'm sure there's better examples I'm just blanking on.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 11, 2018

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well this just happened
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/951250858141986816

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I'm glad TNA still love to hotshot titles around with little to no build. And lmao at Aries being back in TNA.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I remember seeing Deeb doing a spoken word segment on stage about her time in WWE and all I can say is that I'm actually a little bit upset that shes returning to that shitshow of a company. Shes way too good for it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

I remember seeing Deeb doing a spoken word segment on stage about her time in WWE and all I can say is that I'm actually a little bit upset that shes returning to that shitshow of a company. Shes way too good for it.

It was a very different WWE but yeah. She had to get a comedy sized boob job, a nose job and other stuff to her face for WWE to remotely notice her. One of the more radical cosmetic changes I can think of.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, OVW Serena and WWE Serena look like different people. I even remember it being something they had to lampshade and address in Shimmer when she came back all WWE-ized.

Gorn Myson posted:

I'd be super curious to see this if you know where it is or can give some more info to help a search.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en4BsU0AGjo

I'm 75% sure that rovert was the one who linked it on this site in the first place

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
OVE defeat TECH
Rosemary defeats Amber Nova

Caleb Konley defeats Rohit Raju
Matt Sydal retains Grand title over Fallah Bahh
Lashley defeats KM
Kiera Hogan defeats Laurel Van Ness after a distraction from Allie
LAX calls out OVE but get jumped from behind by Konley and Trevor Lee
Moose and Johnny Impact defeat Del Rio and EC3
Austin Aries returns and challenges Eli Drake. Aries wins the world title

Taiji Ishimori and Sydal defeat Raju and El Hijo del Fantasma
Cult of Lee (new name for the team of Konley and Lee) defeat TECH. Postmatch LAX promo backstage
Laurel defeats Kiera, then keeps attacking her postmatch. Allie makes the save and poses with the Knockouts title
Hania defeats Amber Nova. Postmatch Rosemary attacks Hania
Johnny Impact defeats EC3 in a fourway also featuring Moose and Del Rio to be the #1 contender to the world title. (Note: Moose helped to the back by numerous officials with leg injury, might be legit)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect the Bellas to be announced for the Rumble at Raw 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Why is Cena vs. Taker not in the spoiler thread?