Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Beefeater posted:

It's totally viable. I ran NMG/Hundings on my main (stamblade) for a long time and could handle any vet dungeons and such just fine. I won't lie though - stacking penetration via Spriggan's (TFS nowadays) made a huge difference in my DPS output.

As mentioned though, it won't matter soon with the outfit system coming. You'll be able to wear whatever gear you want and look however you please. I'm actually pretty pumped that you can even make your weapons look different (ie-your two equipped daggers can look like swords).

I wonder, can I give my dual-wield weapon 2handed weapon looks? I want to looklike some badass barbarian dual-wielding 2handed weapons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MF_James posted:

I wonder, can I give my dual-wield weapon 2handed weapon looks? I want to looklike some badass barbarian dual-wielding 2handed weapons!
Nope, sorry. No real weapon customization beyond style choice. Speaking of which, Argonian makes the best weapons.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So they still have to be red? :sigh:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nope, sorry. No real weapon customization beyond style choice. Speaking of which, Argonian makes the best weapons.

You mispelled daedric.

Also seriously this game has some of the best writing in any mmo ever.

It's really good and Morrowind only makes it better.

The one problem I've had with this game so far is which house to buy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

So they still have to be red? :sigh:

Nope. You will absolutely be able to run into battle with a giant pink warhammer (I fully intend to do this)

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

You mispelled daedric.

Also seriously this game has some of the best writing in any mmo ever.

It's really good and Morrowind only makes it better.

The one problem I've had with this game so far is which house to buy.

No, you misspelled Dwemer

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Scyantific posted:

No, you misspelled Dwemer

Only ebony and daedric matter. Then it's dwemer, altmer and dunmer.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
I just wish Dunmer armor was more like the Vvardenfell styles (admittedly Ashlander, Morag Tong and house styles brought those back)

Also is tanking pretty much just limited to DK and Warden or can a Templar go sword & board and work as a credible tank (I saw leveling as tank is supposedly painful unless you just grind dungeons for it, though).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

To the people I was just in a group with: 1. I just crashed super hard and 2. That Khajit pubbie healer was loving worthless.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Like no poo poo you don't have any sustain, Khajit magsorc who queued as healer despite the entirety of your healing skills being "has a staff."

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Agnosticnixie posted:

I just wish Dunmer armor was more like the Vvardenfell styles (admittedly Ashlander, Morag Tong and house styles brought those back)

Also is tanking pretty much just limited to DK and Warden or can a Templar go sword & board and work as a credible tank (I saw leveling as tank is supposedly painful unless you just grind dungeons for it, though).

First of all, always level as DPS and then respec tank at max level. Run a DPS spec just using a sword and board to get it to level up, possibly on the back bar for quest turn in. Secondly, my main is a Templar tank.

While DK are, and always will be probably the tankiest if geared/specced right, it all depends on what you wanna bring to the party. As a Templar, I bring my resource restoring shards synergy, and my ritual gives the group a purge.

I don't know much about Warden tanks because I've honestly never seen one. Like a real one.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Join the DC guild. We need a tabard. Also, being in the DC guild makes your dilz bigger.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
So will it be possible to change the appearance of weapons? I didn't see any mention of it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yes. Weapons can be changed within weapon class but not to other types.

You'll be able to transmog an axe to a sword but not to a staff.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Also we will be able to dye weapons! That's pretty fun.

Krang from Ninja Turtles
Apr 25, 2008

sluggo is mad posted:

Join the DC guild. We need a tabard. Also, being in the DC guild makes your dilz bigger.

With that pitch, how can you not join!

@Felczik

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

sluggo is mad posted:

Can you send @SiDeath a DC guild invite as well please?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Also we will be able to dye weapons! That's pretty fun.
loving finally. I've wanted this for a while now.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i need an invite to both guilds, @Inflammatory

eric4563
Oct 23, 2005
I'll play on DC side. Invite @eric4563 please.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Another minor theory question: I keep seeing word that dual wielding melee magicka nighblade is kinda dead since the Vvardenfell patch, is it really? I've been thinking of switching gears on my main (stamblade) and I'd probably be more annoyed to lose swords than bow.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
It's not dead because it's gotten worse but because destruction staff has gotten better. The twin blade & blunt passive with two swords is still really good, but that's all dual wield on a magicka character has ever had going for it. I think it's a good idea to use it if you just want to make the most of what you've already got, but definitely start leveling destruction and/or restoration staff too.

Edit: Also I can't imagine playing a magicka DPS character without Wall of Elements. Not because it can't be done, but because I love it so much I would never want to go without.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 7, 2018

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

eric4563 posted:

I'll play on DC side. Invite @eric4563 please.

Invite sent for Chill Bros (main guild) and "The Worst Faction" our dc pvp guild, Please pvp, but if you don't we still need members for our tabard.

e: I think I got all the invite requests from this page for both guilds. Sing out again if we missed you.
ee: Also, if you're having trouble grabbing an invite, join the discord (in the OP). You'll have better luck there.

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 7, 2018

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Oooh, another free ESO plus event. Perfect for pimping out my house with more mounts and limited stuff. Anyone know if you can move the stuff around later if you're over the non-sub limit? Like if you're at 8/4 special collectibles, will picking a thing up to move it force you to bank it?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

sluggo is mad posted:

Invite sent for Chill Bros (main guild) and "The Worst Faction" our dc pvp guild, Please pvp, but if you don't we still need members for our tabard.

e: I think I got all the invite requests from this page for both guilds. Sing out again if we missed you.
ee: Also, if you're having trouble grabbing an invite, join the discord (in the OP). You'll have better luck there.

Shoot me an invite for the DC pvp guild and I'll join, I might even make a dc pvp character, don't think I have any DC chars atm. @jstuart00

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd like a Worst Faction invite. @fau_sa

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hey, can @Dreamship get an invite to ChillBros? Thank you!

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
ESO confirms that beast races and humans can interbreed:

I can't stop laughing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
"What are you looking at, smooth skin?"

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

sluggo is mad posted:

@Count_VonCount pls. Also, anyone have screenshots of goon tabards?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
PTS notes are out for the next update. The Outfit System is sounding awesomely customizable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388819/pts-patch-notes-v3-3-0

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
And holy poo poo, they removed the AOE cap.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

what iteration of aoe caps are we on by now

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It just reverted to launch are. AoEs will deal 100% to all targets instead of falling off after 6 idiots.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Beefeater posted:

And holy poo poo, they removed the AOE cap.

Wait again?

Berke Negri posted:

what iteration of aoe caps are we on by now

Better get my AOE bombing in while I still can.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

quote:

As this Outfit Style knowledge is an account-wide collectible, learning how to craft helms in the Glass style (for example) on any character allows you to use that to override the appearance of the helm slot of any Outfit on any of your characters.

okay that's unexpectedly nice

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

This outfit system is sounding loving rad, even with the expected F2P limitations. Also new skins and personalities and hats from the new dungeons!

also hahaha

quote:

Any weight of equipment can be used in your outfits for a given slot. This means that an Outfit can override the style of your chest slot to look like a heavy armor cuirass, even when wearing a light armor jerkin or leather jack, but cannot make your feet look like they are wearing gloves instead of boots.

BOOT HANDS

You guys i really like this game and the poo poo they're doing to it.

Double Edit: oh hey huge increases to AP in BGs. Looks like third place team will still get decent rewards now!

Sixto Lezcano fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 8, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

im wary how much gold it will cost since there's an option to spend crowns for tokens to bypass the gold cost

which tells me either making your own outfit is going to be a huge gold sink or the outfit tokens will be another trap purchase like crown food or vamp/ww bites

edit: if the gold isn't too onerous this sounds pretty good. most people have all their motifs on one character so making styles account wide for outfits is great, being able to make weapon skins is great. this should free up a lot of inventory space of purple gear I have just to play around with looks and now all the gold weapons I have sitting around but hate the look of will probably get more use between all my alts

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 8, 2018

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
They apparently mentioned on ESO Live that the gold cost will directly relate to the motif you want to use. So while more common motifs (Orc, Nord, High Elf, etc) will be like 100g per armor piece for your outfit, super rare motifs (Hlaalu, Buoyant Armiger, Telvanni, etc) could be in upwards of 1000g per armor piece.

On that note, they're also nerfing drop rates on some motifs.

quote:

With the release of the Outfit System, we've adjusted the drop rates for a number of Crafting Motifs to help ensure certain impressive or prestigious Motifs retain a degree of rarity. In most cases, this reduction is marginal. This change affects the following Crafting Motifs:

Aldmeri Dominion
Ancient Elf
Assassins League
Barbaric
Celestial
Daedric
Daggerfall Covenant
Dro-m'Athra
Ebonheart Pact
Mercenary
Minotaur
Outlaw
Primal
Ra Gada

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Beefeater posted:

They apparently mentioned on ESO Live that the gold cost will directly relate to the motif you want to use. So while more common motifs (Orc, Nord, High Elf, etc) will be like 100g per armor piece for your outfit, super rare motifs (Hlaalu, Buoyant Armiger, Telvanni, etc) could be in upwards of 1000g per armor piece.

On that note, they're also nerfing drop rates on some motifs.

weird minotaur is on that list because its already fairly rare and expensive while the rest are pretty common

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Hold up, am I reading this right?

Styles will become account-wide instead of character wide?

If so, I guess that's pretty good, but all the motifs I have are just burning a hole in my bank now.