Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
apparently this guy was WR, so you are seeing the best of the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Boy, Halo games sure are the same poo poo in incrementally sharper graphics, aren't they.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

Bungee stopped making them

Even then tho, the Halo name was like, the biggest thing for a while, just feels weird that the new games had like no recognition as existing

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Destiny 2 is a very good game. The trick is not to listen or believe anything Bungie says and just take the game as-is.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Gez the latest halo game came out Feb 21 2017. They need to stop beating a dead horse. Like just let the series die for a few years and then revive it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

you sure you dont want to change that to marathon

Show some sensitivity, there are still people lost in levels in Marathon, desperately searching for an exit.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

God drat this game is so broken lmao

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dork457 posted:

Oni was Bungie's only good game:colbert:

Oni is so good

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hello goons, I'm back

How were the MGS runs?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Barudak posted:

Show some sensitivity, there are still people lost in levels in Marathon, desperately searching for an exit.

o7

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Dork457 posted:

Oni was Bungie's only good game:colbert:

i like how they had a real architect build all the level layouts supposedly and everyone called the level design uninspired and utilitarian

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Why did they make all of the vehicles a nasty construction yellow?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Shwqa posted:

Gez the latest halo game came out Feb 21 2017. They need to stop beating a dead horse. Like just let the series die for a few years and then have a few devs break off and crowdfund a spiritual followup to Halo that ends up being a disappointing mess, and they never get around to releasing the Vita version they promised

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yellow warthogs look wrong and ugly

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Grey Fox posted:

Destiny 2 is a very good game. The trick is not to listen or believe anything Bungie says and just take the game as-is.

:yeah: but man it's still jam packed with bugs even in the raid

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Even then tho, the Halo name was like, the biggest thing for a while, just feels weird that the new games had like no recognition as existing

Big fish are harder to recognize when you take them out of the small pond and throw them into the ocean.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
This run is actually pretty good, even if the game is a little boring and whatever???

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i'd play a halo again if i didnt have to buy an xbox 1 to do it lmao

like why would you when theres the ps4 pro

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Octatonic posted:

i like how they had a real architect build all the level layouts supposedly and everyone called the level design uninspired and utilitarian

I thought the complaint is that the levels were massive and confusing, because that was the complaint I experienced. They're naturally unfocused.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Buck can man my gun :pervert:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Octatonic posted:

whatever brain genious designed the enormous empty warehouse or hangar or whatever should lose their license

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I've never owned an Ex Box so I have never played An Halo. Is it like Splatoon?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

you can probably pin that all on the xbone failing, it's easier to forget what did and didn't come out when it's on systems you have zero intention of every buying

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DizzyBum posted:

Hello goons, I'm back

How were the MGS runs?

MGS1 was special in that way that makes you question the nature of reality.

MGS3 was special in that way that makes you feel very bad for the runner. But afterward there was singing and that kind of made up for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xenothral posted:

Why did they make all of the vehicles a nasty construction yellow?

This isn't all vehicles, just this level. They're at, uh, I think like a rebel human faction base? I'm trying to remember the story but seriously it sucks and has boring non-combat hubs for no goddamn reason

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So is there even a halo in this game? I thought the halo blew up or some poo poo after being used on the flood.

I'm pretty hazy on the story of halo these days.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

periodic update: despite being only two thousand behind earlier today, we are now a whopping $40k behind agdq 2017, but $20k ahead of agdq 2016.

probably not coincidentally, the tetris block just finished at this point in '17, which almost assuredly fueled a bunch of donations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

raditts posted:

Boy, Halo games sure are the same poo poo in incrementally sharper graphics, aren't they.

Yeah, it's all the same poo poo with hardly anything new. I've played through 5 of these and they're so god drat homogenous I can think of various parts of each game in my head by couldn't tell you at all which games they're from. Like, if Halo scratches that itch you're good with what they release but if you want something that changes up the formula, Halo ain't the series to play for that.

Grey Fox posted:

Isn't the playerbase dying fast?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

you can probably pin that all on the xbone failing, it's easier to forget what did and didn't come out when it's on systems you have zero intention of every buying

truth. in a universe where the ps4 exists nobody can reasonably be expected to buy an xbone lmao

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Shwqa posted:

So what's everyone eating tonight? I made some awesome mushroom tofu soup.

braising a pork shoulder and making some roasted smashed taters

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Lobster posted:

yes except instead of going between kid and squid you go between space marine and uh, space marine

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Barudak posted:

I thought the complaint is that the levels were massive and confusing, because that was the complaint I experienced. They're naturally unfocused.

i have heard lots about oni but i don't believe any of it because all kid me needed was "spiky purple hair" "martial arts" and "on pc"

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oh god I think i'm finally hearing the protag's voice when the runner gives orders.

He sounds somehow like every other generic military protag I've ever heard, yet moreso.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
So must watches for the day:

DKC Reverse Boss Order
MGS
The singing at the end of MGS3

Anything else?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Barudak posted:

This isn't all vehicles, just this level. They're at, uh, I think like a rebel human faction base? I'm trying to remember the story but seriously it sucks and has boring non-combat hubs for no goddamn reason

That... Sounds bad.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Lobster posted:

I remember it being the game series where you need to BUY THE DEW so The Master of Chiefs can FINISH THE FITE NIGHT.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

periodic update: despite being only two thousand behind earlier today, we are now a whopping $40k behind agdq 2017, but $20k ahead of agdq 2016.

probably not coincidentally, the tetris block just finished at this point in '17, which almost assuredly fueled a bunch of donations.

Where is this data? The google doc from earlier stopped updating

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

uh oh pancho! posted:

braising a pork shoulder and making some roasted smashed taters

Oh drat that sounds good.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

So must watches for the day:

DKC Reverse Boss Order
MGS