Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I can't believe Halo is Battletech now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

grand theft grotto posted:

What is the opposite of sex

Me

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
You let the writer and narrative designer have too much free reign and they start compromising with level designers about removing a few walls' collision because they think it would be "clever" if the Spartans were dead ghosts the entire time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wait, this is on the Xbox One? It doesn't look too far off from the 360 or maybe I'm insane.

I think it's mostly the designs and the blinding lighting. The art direction just lends itself to where the 360 was, makes it hard to make out any differences from how you remember Halo 3 and after to this. Specially the purple aliens' stuff.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grand theft grotto posted:

What is the opposite of sex

No, the opposite in that she wants to gently caress Chief, but he wants none of it, cause he listened to his momma about not sticking it in the crazy.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Is Keith David in this game?

I like Keith David.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Why did they make the traditionally purple alien vehicles red. Is this like a case of the yellow human vehicles that are bad?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Lobster posted:

I like Larry Niven. Explain.

In Ringworld, some characters, sorry don't remember their names, are noted as having been selected because of their innate "Luck". Near the end of the Ringworld novels, Niven walked Luck as a quantifiable universal thing back as much as he could.

Halo just ignores that an Master Chiefs is honest to god scientifically Lucky.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Barudak posted:

You're a little insane, go look at Halo 2 or 3 footage and its a clear generational increase.

That said graphics aren't that amazing because they pushed for 60FPS and did some weird tricks with objects in the distance that allowed them to be rendered but look like complete rear end.

It's been at least 5 years since I've played ODST or 4 whatever the last 360 one was. But looking at screens it seems the same? Maybe it's the stream quality being kinda blurry.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

raditts posted:

So do you play as Mr. Cheevos in this game at all or is it all this Locke guy

he's been swapping back and forth between them from mission to mission

of course they play identically and it's a first person game so you'd only noticfe if you were reading the subititled dialog

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Shout out to a cat! Hi Gary.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Kerning Chameleon posted:

No, the opposite in that she wants to gently caress Chief, but he wants none of it, cause he listened to his momma about not sticking it in the crazy.

Master Chief's adopted momma is the person who Cortana is a copy of

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xenothral posted:

Why did they make the traditionally purple alien vehicles red. Is this like a case of the yellow human vehicles that are bad?

There are different factions of the aliens, those aligned with humans and those fighting for various other banners.

I don't think that has any relevance to the paint color of the vehicles, they just did it to make them pop more.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Barudak posted:

In Ringworld, some characters, sorry don't remember their names, are noted as having been selected because of their innate "Luck". Near the end of the Ringworld novels, Niven walked Luck as a quantifiable universal thing back as much as he could.

You can't become a Spartan if you have an ugly girlfriend and don't get dirt on your jersey

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
this helmetcam is really terrible, really really terrible

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Barudak posted:

Ah, yes. My dad and I talk about Luck all the time because he is a Holocaust survivor who has seen A Lot of poo poo and reeeeeally shouldn't be here. We love Ringworld.

Halo sounds lovely.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wait, this is on the Xbox One? It doesn't look too far off from the 360 or maybe I'm insane.

it looks like poo poo lol

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Lobster posted:

Someone once told me Master Chief was as iconic as Mario and Sonic.

well who could forget such inspired character design as "the doom guy in a motorcycle helmet"

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

publishko posted:

Master Chief's adopted momma is the person who Cortana is a copy of

are you implying that there aren't oedipal undertones to chief's and cortana's relationship

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barudak posted:

You're a little insane, go look at Halo 2 or 3 footage and its a clear generational increase.
I cant tell if this is a joke since Halo 2 is an OG Xbox game

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
I think is game is actually quite pretty.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lol excellent tactics bringing a vehicle to an infantry section

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I think this game looks acceptable in the way where it will look like hot buttered rear end in five years.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Ah, yes. My dad and I talk about Luck all the time because he is a Holocaust survivor who has seen A Lot of poo poo and reeeeeally shouldn't be here. We love Ringworld.

Halo sounds lovely.

Jeez you must be like 50

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

"Anyway here's this promethian vehicle that's a copy of another thing just like every other promethian thing in halo"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Lobster posted:

Halo sounds lovely.

Halo is someone ripped off Ringworld as hard as the possibly could and replaced all of the "this is interesting and truly alien biology, cultures, and worlds" with "absolutely nothing"

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

mandatory lesbian posted:

Jeez you must be like 50

30. My dad had me when he was like 50. He was only six back then.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

s.i.r.e. posted:

it also looks not so great taking up 75% of a 1600x900 stream that isn't anywhere near lossless quality. i'm sure it looks quite a bit nicer on the bone (but who would know, right??)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

I cant tell if this is a joke since Halo 2 is an OG Xbox game

Ugh, I meant to say the remaster, but yeah, it really looks better than Halo 2.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Kerning Chameleon posted:

are you implying that there aren't oedipal undertones to chief's and cortana's relationship

depends. were there oedipal undertones in Dune and/or Iain Banks's Culture series?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

:stare:

is that that guy from tv

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

haha some alt-right dipshits aren't gonna like that 'healthcare is a human right' dropped in a donation message

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The Lobster posted:

30. My dad had me when he was like 50. He was only six back then.

My parents had me in there teens, I can't imagine having folks that old

Barudak
May 7, 2007

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

:stare:

is that that guy from tv

Yes.

By the way Showtime as recently as this month claimed the show was still happening which LAAAAFOOOOOO

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

mandatory lesbian posted:

My parents had me in there teens, I can't imagine having folks that old

I love him but it really sucks, right now I can barely leave the house because he insists on getting up when I'm not around (I don't blame him) but that means he falls sometimes and is on the floor until I come home to help him up. This has happened five times in the past month. It's really making me not want to leave the house. It's just me and him, my mom died about 20 years ago and I don't have any brothers or sisters.

E: But he's still totally there, mentally, thank God.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

GDQ already defeated the cancer of "fun", now the real work begins.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

emdash posted:

it also looks not so great taking up 75% of a 1600x900 stream that isn't anywhere near lossless quality. i'm sure it looks quite a bit nicer on the bone (but who would know, right??)

I'm sure that's it, I guess the art direction has kinda gone stagnant and the lighting doesn't look much better.

I'd check it out on YouTube but lol, no thanks.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Barudak posted:

Yes.

By the way Showtime as recently as this month claimed the show was still happening which LAAAAFOOOOOO

Huh, you're right. I could've sworn that was quietly canned like all the other xbone tv crap they had planned after the system ending up being a bomb compared to the PS4.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Lobster posted:

I love him but it really sucks, right now I can barely leave the house because he insists on getting up when I'm not around (I don't blame him) but that means he falls sometimes and is on the floor until I come home to help him up. This has happened five times in the past month. It's really making me not want to leave the house. It's just me and him, my mom died about 20 years ago and I don't have any brothers or sisters.

E: But he's still totally there, mentally, thank God.

poo poo dude, that sucks. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This level is legitimately very fun to playthrough and one of those things where if that level of inventiveness was present throughout it'd have been a really, really good game.

Instead this and one portion of the final stage are the best bits in an 8 hour campaign.

• Locked thread