Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Someone found this over in the PYF comic thread and I am going to shamelessly steal share them here:

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Julet Esqu posted:

Apparently not *such* a bygone era that they've gotten around to cleaning it up or that it doesn't still smell like torture in there. :catstare:

I do appreciate the Young Frankenstein reference in the middle left panel, though.

Post-mortem. That's an autopsy room, not a torture chamber.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

These next couple were already posted, but here are the unedited ones.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

A little late, but:

HAHA! It's funny because he has a degenerative brain disorder and soon won't he remember his own name!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Edge of Tracking

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Selachian posted:

Edge of Tracking

I'd just like to remind everyone that Edge of Adventure as been going on since March, 2016 and so far nothing has really happened.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Selachian posted:

Edge of Tracking

"What has one thumb and microcephalus?"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'd just like to remind everyone that Edge of Adventure as been going on since March, 2016 and so far nothing has really happened.
It's the edge of adventure, not adventure itself. :v:

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Perfection

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

FIVE DOLLARS GETS YOU THE WHOLE ADVENTURE BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGE

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
World's Saddest Bear, the Bear That's Sad All the Time

In the second strip Dickbot is making a pun on two meanings of "ageru", "give" and "raise". This was the closest I could get to something that sort of makes sense while at least sort of being a pun.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? I thought it was way older! I guess the terrible art (seriously, it looks like somebody coloured it in with felt-tip pens) threw me off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Angular Cyrus posted:

World's Saddest Bear, the Bear That's Sad All the Time

In the second strip Dickbot is making a pun on two meanings of "ageru", "give" and "raise". This was the closest I could get to something that sort of makes sense while at least sort of being a pun.
I love that he goes home, angrily makes and eats dinner, draws a bath, puts his rubber ducky in then starts crying.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

One, those are clearly alligators, and two, why does the waiter have the key to their cage?

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (July 8, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (April 24, 1930)

Lil' Abner (January 20, 1938)

Barney Google (May 24, 1923)

Alley Oop (August 23, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (August 19, 1935)

Dickie Dare (October 2, 1933)

Bringing Up Father (February 1, 1940)

Krazy Kat (January 31, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (February 1, 1937)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Two dead love interests and Sam killed that one guy but that's about it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Kennel posted:

Two dead love interests and Sam killed that one guy but that's about it.

He got to an island, saw there was adventure on it, and left.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He got drunk a lot.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Haifisch posted:

It's the edge of adventure, not adventure itself. :v:

It turns out "adventure edging" is a very specific fetish and not a genre.

That said, Neil Gaiman made it work that one time.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

Rand Brittain posted:

It turns out "adventure edging" is a very specific fetish and not a genre.

That said, Neil Gaiman made it work that one time.

I feel like this is a very carefully crafted statement to bait me into guessing which novel you have in mind, but your true opinion is that it's all of them.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy In Exile (November 11, 1930)

Peanuts (January 11, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

The punchline: he's slipping away from her in pieces. HA. HA.

HA.

Crankshaft

Cobra Carson: Two-Fisted Sheepherder

Out Our Way (February 13-14, 1931)

Thimble Theater, in which the war needs a better marketing team. (July 31, 1931)

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
World's Saddest Bear is so goddamn funny and I don't even understand why.

BC

Phoebe

Baldo

Wiz of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 9, 2018

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

"What has one thumb and microcephalus?"

And vitiligo, judging by Jam's coloring.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Girls, this is a science lab, not Home Ec. Get some lab coats with sleeves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think we even wore aprons in my college chemistry labs. Goggles and gloves, but that was it.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Selachian posted:

Edge of Tracking

Rivers really don't split all that often.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Rivers really don't split all that often.

I did take a glance at a map (I have no faith in Jam and Brice's geographical skills since "Singapore, China") and strictly speaking, it would be more correct to say the Mbere and Pende are tributaries of the Logone. The Logone flows roughly southeast-northwest, so the "split" is actually upstream from where Sam and Moses are. I'm going to give them a "technically correct" here.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

TofuDiva posted:

Ballard Street

Yeah, Gary, what's your deal?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Girls, this is a science lab, not Home Ec. Get some lab coats with sleeves.

I'm imagining these lingerie parties are like tupperware or sex toy parties where you might go once because your friend is putting it on and it seems like an okay social activity where you can also buy some stuff that's a little overpriced but you feel okay about it given the setting. I can't imagine what makes this such an interesting event that they keep going repeatedly. How much lingerie do you need?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is in a hurry.

Working Daze captures memories.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is really invested in this gag.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

For some reason this pisses me off more than the usual Holbrook poo poo. No one is going to launch a shuttle with an empty cargo bay, they are really loving expensive so you would be packing as much stuff in there as possible. But i guess he knows as much about space as he does about the internet.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think we even wore aprons in my college chemistry labs. Goggles and gloves, but that was it.
The lab instructions seem to be the same as in the initial lesson, so I can only assume the purpose of this class is to gradually introduce more safety equipment over the year.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Cicadalek posted:

For some reason this pisses me off more than the usual Holbrook poo poo. No one is going to launch a shuttle with an empty cargo bay, they are really loving expensive so you would be packing as much stuff in there as possible. But i guess he knows as much about space as he does about the internet.

presumably at least the poo poo you need to set up camp on loving mars

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

I'm imagining these lingerie parties are like tupperware or sex toy parties where you might go once because your friend is putting it on and it seems like an okay social activity where you can also buy some stuff that's a little overpriced but you feel okay about it given the setting. I can't imagine what makes this such an interesting event that they keep going repeatedly. How much lingerie do you need?
Isn't it pretty much the only social activity they have going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Have they even gone yet, or have they been planning to go to a party for like 500 panels without having done it?