Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
ive jerked off, completed 15 puzzles in flow free, and watched some youtubes and this run is still going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Lobster posted:

Your dad was five years older than mine then when you were born. I hope he's still holding up OK.

Apart from degenerating (but managed!) vision, my dad is hale and hearty for his age. It's basically a question, he says, of which kind of cancer gets him first. Honestly I expect him to hit 90 at least.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Xenothral posted:

Reach owned.

i should go play reach instead of watch halo 5

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roflan posted:

I know absolutely nothing about the Halo story, but I'm going to pull a sheet from the Metzen play pamphlet and guess CORRUPTION!!!. She probably was corrupted by stopping the great menace in the finale to one of the games and turned up in the following game in a corrupted form.

No fair, you cheated.

I think this game ends on a cliffhanger on what her actual justification for her actions are so presumably the reason no Halo 6 has been announced is nobody can figure out what the hell that reason is.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Hahaha, Trihex wants to spirit bomb some of the winnings from some recent esports event he was at on behalf of the muted pleb chat that are all sheltering on his channel.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

stories were AIs want to control everything because humans are gently caress-ups who ruin everything and thus the AIs are bad guys just make less and less sense to me as time goes by

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Elliotw2 posted:

i should go play reach instead of watch halo 5

:yeah: Had a way better story and playing as your own spartan was rad

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What's the point of the anti-grav part of the reload animation?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

stories were AIs want to control everything because humans are gently caress-ups who ruin everything and thus the AIs are bad guys just make less and less sense to me as time goes by

Real talk, kill all humans seems increasingly the ethically correct choice.

#Skynetdidnothingwrong

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

colossus: the forbin project was a utopian film that's presented as some weird nightmare

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Cooky alien gun stuff

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Hellioning posted:

all of the glowy yellow guns are the regular bullet halo guns you know and like but loving terrible and longer reloads

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Real good wartwartwart

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellioning posted:

It looks cool/different from the other two nearly identical guns that fill the same role the other factions get

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

As far as I can tell the Battlefield games got worse with every addition to the series with only Reach bucking the trend.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
as someone who likes all the halo games this speedrun is p awesome

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cortana wouldn't let us idiotically gently caress up our own planet's climate to the point that it becomes a catastrophe to humanity

#I'mWithHer

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DoctorWhat posted:

Apart from degenerating (but managed!) vision, my dad is hale and hearty for his age. It's basically a question, he says, of which kind of cancer gets him first. Honestly I expect him to hit 90 at least.

I don't think my dad will hit 90 (his dad made it to 87 and his mom to 94) but he's doing OK except for the neuropathy which is why I can't leave him alone. His blood pressure, cholesterol, etc, are all great. He had colon cancer but beat it. But he can barely walk.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hellioning posted:

Those are the new Promethean weapons and they basically watched the Transformers films and decided to make weapons like that.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
My guess is Kitana chose cyberfascism to keep the peace in the galaxy and will end wars by having the biggest guns, and might have some kinda revenge motive against humans for using AI as disposable servants.
Game ends on a cliffhanger tho so who knows.

This speedrun was pretty good and the pressure launch owned.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This level is neat played casually as it has multiple objectives you can tackle in any order and the intro captures the size a gigantic unimaginably vast station should be.

Shame its tedious to actually play due to boring layout, bad checkpointing, and burnout from earlier, more boring levels

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think 'Osiris' is the name of Locke's AI buddy, but considering Osiris never talks, it really seems like Osiris is his imaginary friend.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

oh right this stupid game doens't have an ending

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
And so you collect the giant orb left behind, beating the first Halovania

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

It probably never will.

If they make Halo 6 I bet it just ignores this

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Elliotw2 posted:

well, it stops, anyway

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
John Halo, Im placing you under citizen's arrest.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Erata posted:

John Halo, Im placing you under citizen's arrest.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

now that i kinda sorta know the plot to this game the ad campaign for it makes even less sense than it did before

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
:orb:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

now that i kinda sorta know the plot to this game the ad campaign for it makes even less sense than it did before

I thought we already made that clear!!!

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

I thought we already made that clear!!!

yes but now i have more first hand knowledge of it!!

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpUCCrrVtY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whose ready for EA trying to ape the already dead GoldenEye formula?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:golfclap:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I know we skimmed it, but yeah that plot read like awful halo fanfiction, complete with abrupt ETERNAL HIATUS right before the climax.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Barudak posted:

Whose ready for EA trying to ape the already dead GoldenEye formula?

Ape? Does that make this an honorary Donkey Kong run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

anyway that was a neat chill run even if the game it was about was a stinker

now i gotta get some drat sleep 'cause i actually got work the next 3 days and get to miss a lot of cool runs :( but friday and saturday look like they've got a lot of good poo poo so having those days off will be nice

god speed goons

• Locked thread