Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Which goons are going London grand tournament? I'll be at the 30k event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lord Twisted posted:

I'll be at the 40k, unless I qualify for the GW GT in which case who knows what I'll do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

Photos from the Apoc game I played in yesterday:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tjkopena/sets/72157689153411372
(I'm the guy in the grey hoodie)

The Armagedon 59th performed very well, taking out the 6000 or so points of enemy guard and Tau that opposed me. Seeing as how I only had 4000 pts, I'd say that's pretty good!

What store was that?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I seem to have started eldar. Working on a low point (1750) list, mainly with the stuff I have. My plan is to take these guys in friendly, narrative games. Any notes on how I can expect to play these guys, or tips/tactics so I can maximize fun and not just pick my models up after placing them down?

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [48 PL, 952pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

Gametype: Matched

+ Lord of War +

Wraithknight [27 PL, 532pts]: Starcannon, Starcannon, Two Heavy Wraithcannons

+ HQ +

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 1. Guide, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 4. Executioner, 6. Mind War, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [40 PL, 795pts] ++

+ Flyer +

Hemlock Wraithfighter [10 PL, 210pts]: 2. Embolden/Horrify, Spirit Stones

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner [6 PL, 108pts]: 5: Mark of the Incomparable Hunter, Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, Shimmerplume of Achillrial, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Warlord

+ Fast Attack +

Vypers [12 PL, 225pts]
. Vyper: Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon
. Vyper: Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Vyper: Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon

Windriders [4 PL, 84pts]
. 3x Windrider - Scatter Laser: 3x Scatter Laser

Windriders [4 PL, 84pts]

Windriders [4 PL, 84pts]

++ Total: [88 PL, 1747pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Maybe buying all my Wraithguard at the same time was a bad choice.

I'm starting to get sick of the sight of them and my fingers are cramping from handling all the fiddly little gubbinz.

That said I can't wait for them to melt whatever they vaguely gesture at.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Executioner can only be cast once a turn despite your three Farseer's having it and Smite is likely going to get dialed back. I'd drop one of the Skyrunner seers for a second Skyrunner Laser Lance Autarch. Also, give both Autarch's a Banshee Mask so they cannot be over-watched.

Shuriken Cannons are generally better than Scatter Lasers now.

Not having a lot of CP's is going to hurt, and you don't really have much in the way of screening.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

Executioner can only be cast once a turn despite your three Farseer's having it and Smite is likely going to get dialed back. I'd drop one of the Skyrunner seers for a second Skyrunner Laser Lance Autarch. Also, give both Autarch's a Banshee Mask so they cannot be over-watched.

Shuriken Cannons are generally better than Scatter Lasers now.

Not having a lot of CP's is going to hurt, and you don't really have much in the way of screening.

Cool. Swapped out one farseer for another Autarch (but i'm just going to use the farseer model, since it's what I have) and gave them both banshee masks.

Swapped all the scatter lasers to Shuriken Cannons on the bikes as well. Swapping that Farseer for a second Autarch gave me some wiggle room with points, so i kitted out all 3 vypers with Bright Lances and Shruiken cannons. That puts me at 1734 points.

If I decide to jump up to 2000 at some point, what's a good way to fill in the rest? Guardians in wave serpents? I'd like to keep the list a fluffy and fast moving as possible.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Don't want to sound like a "why does this army have something this army doesn't" whiner but is there a good reason for Custodes to have access to their 30k stuff but not AdMech?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Don't want to sound like a "why does this army have something this army doesn't" whiner but is there a good reason for Custodes to have access to their 30k stuff but not AdMech?

Cynical answer: because they're a space marine variant.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Floppychop posted:

Cynical answer: because they're a space marine variant.

I mean, true, but doesn't more models with more rules make GW more money? They could even sell us a new book with updated rules for 40k and every AdMech player would eat it up.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Deified Data posted:

Custodes never had a massive schism like the Mechanicum did. The amount of knowledge that the Mechanicum lost in just the first few hours of fighting on Mars was devastating, to say nothing of what they lost when they had to abandon the planet.

The Custodes just had to keep the poo poo they already had up and running.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Deified Data posted:

Ad Mech are getting their 30k toys in the seemingly eternally delayed IA that's coming out.

From the sounds of it Custodes are getting a FW index for their 30k toys.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What store was that?

Redcaps Corner in Philadelphia, PA.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

"Just keep it running" is harder than it sounds when you consider that it's been 10,000 years.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Deified Data posted:

Because Myrmidons are too good for this world. :smith:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Zuul the Cat posted:

Cool. Swapped out one farseer for another Autarch (but i'm just going to use the farseer model, since it's what I have) and gave them both banshee masks.

Swapped all the scatter lasers to Shuriken Cannons on the bikes as well. Swapping that Farseer for a second Autarch gave me some wiggle room with points, so i kitted out all 3 vypers with Bright Lances and Shruiken cannons. That puts me at 1734 points.

If I decide to jump up to 2000 at some point, what's a good way to fill in the rest? Guardians in wave serpents? I'd like to keep the list a fluffy and fast moving as possible.

Swooping Hawks and Shining Spears.

Used them for the first time this past weekend and Shining Spears absolutely wrecked face.

They benefit from your Autarchs as well, by charging a unit and preventing overwatch, the Shining Spears can charge afterwards risk-free.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

Swooping Hawks and Shining Spears.

Used them for the first time this past weekend and Shining Spears absolutely wrecked face.

They benefit from your Autarchs as well, by charging a unit and preventing overwatch, the Shining Spears can charge afterwards risk-free.

Rad. Grabbing up some scourges to use as swooping hawks, because I like the models better. Shining spears it is!

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Has anyone in here fully magnetised a Hive Tyrant before?

Got everything ready (Model Drill, Green Stuff etc ...) and I've been reading up and watching videos about it but am making GBS threads it over getting the wings right. I'm too afraid I'll mess up the carapace if I create an extra magnet slot so am just going to say that the legs are MST/MRC and keep the existing number of sockets.

For the wings I'm planning on using 5mm * 2mm in the upper torso slots (these ones). That should be strong enough to hold them right?

Also, in terms of Polarity, would it be better to do the torso like this:

<----[]TTTTTTTTTTT[]---->

Or like this?

<----[]TTTTTTTT<----[]

I've read that the latter can help prevent the magnets from weakening each other, which is a problem I ran in to do when I was doing the Trygon/Mawloc head.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Venomthropes or the Neurothrope + 2 Zoanthropes? I didn't realize they were the same box. The -1 to hit is great, but that's about all the Venomthropes do right? Meanwhile the Neurothrope is a cheap HQ, but with Smite possibly getting nerfed they might take a hit as far as usefulness.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

LifeLynx posted:

Venomthropes or the Neurothrope + 2 Zoanthropes? I didn't realize they were the same box. The -1 to hit is great, but that's about all the Venomthropes do right? Meanwhile the Neurothrope is a cheap HQ, but with Smite possibly getting nerfed they might take a hit as far as usefulness.

Unless you plan to get another box, don't bother building just 2 Venomthropes. You need 3+ to give the hit bonus to monsters and 2 will be easily sniped. A couple of Zoans will be much more useful, especially with the Neuro buffs.

Entropy238 posted:

All my Tyranid monsters are magnetised like this so I can swap arms between them. Never had any issue with weak magnets, and I've been doing this since 2010.

I used 6mm disc magnets for all arms & sockets, and for my Flyrant wings I added a small pin to stabilise them. This is simply a short piece of a paperclip glued behind the arm with a corresponding hole on the body (which is hidden as soon as an arm is in position).

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

Unless you plan to get another box, don't bother building just 2 Venomthropes. You need 3+ to give the hit bonus to monsters and 2 will be easily sniped.

I can build three from the box, but maybe you're right - if one gets sniped, all my big bugs lose the -1 to hit. My friend is selling me his old metal Zoanthropes, so I'll probably still make these Venomthropes.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Entropy238 posted:

Got everything ready (Model Drill, Green Stuff etc ...) and I've been reading up and watching videos about it but am making GBS threads it over getting the wings right. I'm too afraid I'll mess up the carapace if I create an extra magnet slot so am just going to say that the legs are MST/MRC and keep the existing number of sockets.

For the wings I'm planning on using 5mm * 2mm in the upper torso slots (these ones). That should be strong enough to hold them right?

Or like this?

<----[]TTTTTTTT<----[]

I've read that the latter can help prevent the magnets from weakening each other, which is a problem I ran in to do when I was doing the Trygon/Mawloc head.

Join the future. Instead of magnets for your arms just put a small metal plate. Suddenly you can put the magnets in any which way and can still stick every arm in every socket. (because be honest with yourself, you'll get the fuckers mixed up and not pointed the same way in all the sockets. If not this time, eventually.)

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Felime posted:

Join the future. Instead of magnets for your arms just put a small metal plate. Suddenly you can put the magnets in any which way and can still stick every arm in every socket. (because be honest with yourself, you'll get the fuckers mixed up and not pointed the same way in all the sockets. If not this time, eventually.)

This is sound advice, but where does one buy tiny metal plates?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Genghis Cohen posted:

This is sound advice, but where does one buy tiny metal plates?

This is what I have. Cuts fairly well with tin snips. I'd advise against cutting off small pieces and trimming them off the plate, because, at least with my lovely clapped out tin snips, cutting without a good grip on at least one of the pieces doesn't work out so well. Having pliers around to straighten the small pieces out and something to sand off sharp edges is also wise.

https://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-Products-56072-Galvanized/dp/B001GTVS82/

There may be a better way, but this way costs next to nothing and is fairly easy, if not super exact.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

Redcaps Corner in Philadelphia, PA.

That sounds awesome. Maybe next year I can join in with some badass Primaris forces.

BTW how many points do I need to paint up for the NOVA Narrative? Or for NOVA in general?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Really wish I could have been able to fly up this year for the Apoc game, maybe next year!

Nova Narrative went from 1k to 2.5k last year.

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
So for my next question: who would be best on a Nurgle palanquin? Lord or Sorcerer?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've been building a Plagueburst crawler and wondering about some of the odd structural design choices in this kit. It lacks the obvious elegance of other recent vehicles in terms of how easily panels go together, internal strength etc. There are what look like orphans of design sprinkled around, places for panels to join that aren't used, mechanical detail/weapon mounts that aren't even visible when assembled. Then I noticed that odd gap in the lower front glacis doesn't have anything to fill it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see this hull used in another kit in the next couple of years.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Nova Narrative went from 1k to 2.5k last year.

HAHAHAHA gently caress me I have so much to paint.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

HEY

NO PRESSURE

JUST PROGRESS

Hour a night, man.

But yeah, have 2000 pts.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Looks like I may be in luck. Local starting up a 500 to 2500 10 week progressive campaign.

Be a good excuse to run my Wolves while I finish building them.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Is anyone going to Las Vegas Open?

My brother just moved to Vegas so I'm going to use it as an excuse to visit him and check out the show.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Custorkdes detachment.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I just read The Emperor's Legion followed by the Dark Imperium books. Both were fantastic. But I want more.

Emperor's Legion begins before Guilliman is introduced, during, and after. It chronicles the Sisters of Silence being brought back to Terra as well as the Second Battle of Terra and then moves into the beginnings of the Indomitus Crusade. So much is in the book.

Dark Imperium takes place at the end of the Indomitus Crusade.

Okay, so I want all the 50 books that happen in the middle.

Okay, what about all the 50 books that happen after.

Do they exist? I've been out of the 40k fluff for many years, and these two books were everything I loved about 40k to begin with. Need moooorrrre. Please tell me there is more?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Philthy posted:

I just read The Emperor's Legion followed by the Dark Imperium books. Both were fantastic. But I want more.

Emperor's Legion begins before Guilliman is introduced, during, and after. It chronicles the Sisters of Silence being brought back to Terra as well as the Second Battle of Terra and then moves into the beginnings of the Indomitus Crusade. So much is in the book.

Dark Imperium takes place at the end of the Indomitus Crusade.

Okay, so I want all the 50 books that happen in the middle.

Okay, what about all the 50 books that happen after.

Do they exist? I've been out of the 40k fluff for many years, and these two books were everything I loved about 40k to begin with. Need moooorrrre. Please tell me there is more?

Devastation of Baal takes place during the Indomitus Crusade and has so far been reported to be a very solid book.

If you want to discuss more Novel stuff we have a thread for it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3494493

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

What’s your base blue colour? It’s close to what I need for mine I think.

Lord Twisted posted:

Corrode posted:

I'll be at the 40k, unless I qualify for the GW GT in which case who knows what I'll do.

I’ll be at the Blood Bowl & Shadespire tournaments. Would be cool to goonmeet anyone who is around.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 9, 2018

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Awesome. Closer to the time we can exchange numbers and coordinate. I live very close to the tourney venue. As long as you dont send me dick pics.

(send me dick pics)

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Felime posted:

Join the future. Instead of magnets for your arms just put a small metal plate.

xtothez posted:

All my Tyranid monsters are magnetised like this so I can swap arms between them. Never had any issue with weak magnets, and I've been doing this since 2010.

I used 6mm disc magnets for all arms & sockets, and for my Flyrant wings I added a small pin to stabilise them. This is simply a short piece of a paperclip glued behind the arm with a corresponding hole on the body (which is hidden as soon as an arm is in position).

Thanks – I'm probably going to try and keep things as simple as possible for the time being and stick to magnets and green stuff to see how far I get. I'd be a bit nervous about using a metal plate given the weight of the wings, and pin can possibly come later.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

I’ll be at the Blood Bowl & Shadespire tournaments. Would be cool to goonmeet anyone who is around.

Nice! I’ll be there for the Shadespire event. I wanted to do Blood Bowl, but I’m already booked in for the Hackney Half Marathon. As fast as I’ll run that, I’ll miss the first game on Sunday.

The irony is I’ll be running past the Olympic venue as part of the route :orks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

ineptmule posted:

What’s your base blue colour? It’s close to what I need for mine I think
It's just the standard macragge blue.